PDA

View Full Version : Summer Plans - Thoughts?

Grimbo
01-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey guys,

As some of you know I run a blog dedicated to bettering myself, and accomplishing my long term goals and bucket lists.

The three items I want to knock off for this summer are:

2. Fight in a sanctioned Muay Thai Fight
3. Live abroad in a foreign country for a sustained period of time while paying my own way.
8. Train at a Muay Thai camp in Thailand.

I'm raising the money for this currently, but I am catching lots of shit from "responsible" people for this (namely my family). This idea is being called implausible, retarded, and crazy.

Reasons listed:

- Thailand is extremely dangerous (Listed as a possible terrorist location by US Department of State)

- Why do I need to go to Thailand to train Muay Thai...I can train in the States?

The primary reason is the first one listed. In Bangkok a few years ago a few grenades were thrown around by rival party members. My training camp is not located near Bangkok.

Any advice on convincing the parents? Ultimately it is my choice, but it would be nice to get this done without having my parents hound me at every turn.

- Grimbo

Hitman47
01-29-2013, 09:48 PM
If you wanna do it then fucking do it.
Don't listen to anyone that tells you what you can or cannot do with your life.

Believe me whether you end up having the best or the worst experience ever, 10 years from now, you're gonna look at it with admiration, cuz it's exactly that... EXPERIENCE.

Cheers,

Grimbo
01-31-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the words of advice bro.

bjornen
01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
If this is something you are really passionate about you should do it. One of my legit regrets is that I did not stay with my sport long enough to see it go anywhere in favor of checking the boxes to go to university and "grow up" :) But since you are asking, save as much money as you can, more than you need in case something happens you won't be screwed by funds. Parents worry and nag, it's their job. I'm 35 and still hear from my mother when she has an opinion on what I'm doing lol. Don't go into it blind and naive with just barely enough cash to cover things and you should be fine. GL.

bullseye3
01-31-2013, 03:10 PM
A friend of mine did exactly that a few years ago. Says it was an amazing experience. Unfortunetly, right before his fight, he got violently ill and had to drop from the fight.