PDA

View Full Version : A very costly misunderstanding. Has this happened to anyone else?

DZA
08-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Walked this girl out after work.

She tells me she has to attend birthday parties and concerts all weekend, one party this Saturday was more of a romantic-themed party. No one to go with, and that she probably didn't want to go.

There was plenty of traffic, some words can get lost in the noise. I spoke as loudly as I could.

What she thought I said: "We should go together!" First date, mind you.

What I really said: "You should still go either way."

Later on that day... A text.

I hope I did not offend you when I said no to the party date it was really nice of you to offer. I'm actually pretty sure my fam would love you.. Good fashion sense, job, education but I'm not dating and I don't want them to think I am. Plus they'd interrogate and bother me like a bad episode of CSI :P

I tease her saying that's NOT what in fact happened. I didn't ask you out, and said it might be selective hearing she has.

I personally think it's an LJBF if what in fact happened if I were a needy AFC loser that asked to accompany her for a first date to see her family.

After I cleared the air she invited me to a concert this Monday. Life is so confusing sometimes...

DZA
08-04-2012, 06:51 AM
It won't let me edit but.. How can I turn this into something positive?