PDA

View Full Version : Know Your Basics!

BetterThan
08-2012-01, 07:04 PM
Picking up women is harder if you don't know who you are as a person. It all starts with you, what you do, who you talk to, meet, greet, your passion, your background, what inspires you, how you act, react, think and feel. Everything that is anything in pick-up is nothing if it weren't for YOU.

Everytime I hear about a guy that didn't get the girl and becomes miserable, sad, depressed and negative, I just feel bad for that poor soul. The idealisitic person is hard to mimic in today's society. What with all the TV series and reality shows these days we're supposed to think that being tan, big and fit is what gets a woman's attention. The ideals that are repeated on television, magazine ads, news articles, the news, TV stations, whatever, are so far-fetched and ridiculous that we tend to forget that being ourselves is the best path to choose. Although that could mean a million different things for a billion different people, it doesn't matter. We do what we feel is right, we express ourselves with passions that we have, we use talent as an instrument to create art in our eyes.

With this being said, it's time to show you chumps the real ways to get more successful with women in your daily lives. I'm not going to tell you the "best routine stack" or "this one trick will definitely change your perspective!", I'm just going to introduce you to something that's already there, always will be there and can never run out of momentum! This certain something is so powerful that it can rule countries, change the world, create fantastic and unbelievable things that people would think was never ever possible! What is this amazingly-awesome thing I speak of, you ask?

Well, the answer's in the question!! IT'S YOU! YOU'RE FUCKING AWESOME!!!

No, seriously. You're the wonderful and majestic being that can change everything in your own reality. Your entire existence and world can change with the blink of an eye, but it can also change with the adjustment of a well-rounded attitude towards life. Believe me, when I first started out in game I had no idea what I was doing, who I should talk to and what people I should turn to for help. But, as time went on, I realized that the only true power I had over ANYONE, was the power that I used to control myself. Crazy, right? The fact that your mind is the most powerful instrument on this entire planet is not a far off statement. Sure, we don't use our minds to our full potential all the time, but what makes you think that you can't do something like that? Of course you can! You just need motivation!!

So before I run into a series of topics that are crucial towards improving your game, allow me to explain the basics that represent how you're going to succeed in this crazy world we live in.

HYGIENE and PERSONAL PROJECTION is very important. Among all other things, these aspects of self-improvement aren't actually about improvement, they're about keeping up with a healthy and clean self that eminates power and strength. This can fall around anything and everything that has to do with keeping your body in-check and on-the-go all the time. So let me brief you on what you should be doing:

Brush your teeth twice a day, once in the morning when you wake up and once at night when you hit the hay. Every time you brush your teeth, though, don't ever half-ass it. You need to really dig in deep and hard when you're scrubbing those shiny pearls, because if you start to fall back on your teeth-brushing simply because you were "too tired" or "didn't feel like getting up that morning/night" you're gonna start to see some yellow grime coming in that's gonna scare the ladies right off and away from you. Also, when you brush your teeth, make sure to floss, use mouthwash and scrape the back of your tongue. You don't wanna be "that guy" that shows up to a party with his friends but his breath is so raunchy that you can barely stand 3 feet away from him without smelling the vile stank of filth. I actually showed up at a friend's house one day early to go to the mall with him to get some new posters, he had to brush his teeth before we left and he did a terrible job. A 30-second brushing sesh and wiped his mouth off - DON'T BE LIKE MY FRIEND. If you want women, you need to be able to take care of yourself. This includes brushing your teeth.

Shower regularly and make sure you really clean yourself when you're in the shower. Really dig deep when you're cleaning the really filthy spots (crouch, ass, armpits) and remember to shampoo your hair every other day. You don't want to wash your hair every day and lose that natural smell you have that attracts women (seriously). I usually just use Dove soap bars, and Dove intensive repair for my head. I also wash my face in the shower with oil-free acne wash that really gives your skin a better tone and makes it softer when you're kissing women. When I went to the Bahamas for my Senior week, I'd gotten with a girl that was known as "popular, sexy, and too much to handle" by my friends and everyone at our school. One of the things she mentioned after we were finished was how smooth my skin was and how she loved guys with smooth skin. Now if a girl of that status says something like that to me, I'm gonna take it to heart and learn from it. Just saying.

Be stylish and unique with what you wear and no, you don't need to change your clothes with the seasons, you just need to be different from other guys and possess an identity that attracts women. The typical advice would be fitted clothes like Express, Ralph Lauren, Guess, etc. that are expensive but very stylish and attractive to beautiful women, but you don't need to go through all that. You can stop by less expensive stores like Gap, Kohl's or JC Penny and get equally impressive clothes, you just need to search a little harder. When I go out, I'll usually wear cargo shorts, designer shirt (Express, sometimes Kohl's), sandles or Nike/Express shoes, and that's about it. There's not too much you can do about style unless you're REALLY interested in clothing, you can grab some magazines revolved around style, and see what celebrities are wearing and try to mimic them, but other than that, I just wear what I feel looks good on me and what kind of identity I want to project.

Style your hair and find your "look" that will attract women most intensely. Now, this is going to vary for EVERYONE that's reading this post. Yes, that means YOU specifically. One hairstyle doesn't work for everyone that tries it out. Honestly, you need trial and error in this kind of situation by trying varying haircuts, styling it different and getting that "natural" look that women will notice right off the bat. Before, I used to only get my hair shaped up by getting a 4 on top and a 2 on the bottom (REALLY short, but still looks good). Until I started attempting different styles, I didn't realize the full potential my hair actually had. I just needed some change and, after awhile, I got my hair to a natural, longer state that looked really good when I style it up in a "messy" way that gets women to literally look at me first as I walk into the room with my friends. Also, if you have more questions about how you should style your hair, head to a hairstylist, have him/her critique your look and ultimately offer tips on what looks good on you (after they've cut/styled your hair). My cousin and his wife are both hairstylists, so they gave me a free cut AND advice on what to do with my hair, what product to use and how often to use it. This helped my style A TON and went with what I was wearing really well. I definitely recommend it.

Physically get into shape and be active every day of the week, for at least 20 minutes. It really doesn't matter what you do, so long as you're doing something that gets your heart pumping, blood flowing, and your body sweating. And I know, I've heard this all before, "Your looks don't matter, just so long as you're grooming yourself!" which is completely understandable, but I personally feel that physical appearance really matters. Not that you need to look like Brad Pitt when he was in Fight Club, but you do need to have some physical attraction about your look. I hit the gym about 4 times a week and play basketball with my buddies almost every day of the week, which is excellent cardio exercise. This also plays a role in... dun dun dun! you guessed it! Sex! This will actually increase the amount of time you could be spending pleasuring a beautiful women in bed AND the good workouts will put you in a position of better health and FEELING better about life in general. When you work out, you release stress and actually become more content with who you are. Don't forget, happiness is attractive, so getting into better shape can be helpful in countless ways, as long as you're willing to put the effort into it.

Last but not least... have an interesting passion that drives you to fulfill a better and more entertaining life. The lifestyle that you exude is solely based on how passionate you are about what makes you happy. I, personally, am addicted to writing. I write on 5 different forums under 5 different names, giving advice, learning new things and experiencing new stories that inspire me to keep on writing. I've written informational posts on life, attracting women, getting over break-ups, social dynamics, personal health, scary stories, memoirs, fiction stories, you name it, I've done it. I absolutely LOVE writing and anything that has to do with reading interesting stories and facts about life. I read multiple books in a month, articles, forums, magazines, etc. and have come to the realization that my passion is being a journalist and, more importantly, MUSIC. Girls find me interesting because...? I listen to so many artists: The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Sublime, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Vampire Weekend, The Weeknd, Pink Floyd, etc. etc. etc. Not only that, but I listen to rap, hip-hop, and even some country (it's pretty good, don't judge). My point is, I love writing and I love music. I'm not some guy that's only interest is in women. I write, listen to music, play basketball, go to school, write for my college paper, send stories into online sites, write for forums, you name it. So, that way, when I get into a relationship, I'm someone OUTSIDE of the relationship, which then enables me to have options and abundance, which is so easy to achieve, guys just don't have something to drive them to become their best selves.

Soooo basically that's the bare essentials you should be doing before you really start to approach and meet new women. Everything that you do in ths lifetime is reflected on how you lived life, not the women you had sex with. Keep in mind that the basics are the most fundamental part of your game, just one level under inner game. Understand that what I've listed is pretty common sense, but most guys will actually look past this sort of thing and blow it off like some cheap piece of junk. Take what I'm saying seriously, but don't always take yourself seriously, you need to laugh at your life's ups and downs. Alright, I've made my points, just wanted to get this post out there.

Questions? Comments? Respond to this thread, I'll go into deeper detail with anything that I've written out here and try to give you a lengthly response that specifies to your personal situation.

Good looks and Cheers,
BetterThan

jiGsawyouth
08-2012-01, 08:11 PM
So simple, yet so effective.

Hey everyone reading this, be the best you! I know that I'm fucking awesome.

Trimaster
08-2012-02, 01:27 AM
I feel that you can overdo passions though. I have 3 main passions that I'm trying to tone down at least one of them.

Girls also feel very intimidated sometimes because they feel inferior when they compare themselves with me.

Hatman
08-2012-02, 02:01 AM
Great post!

Another thing I'd add to that list is:

Wake up early every morning and don't slouch

The earlier you get up and make that a routine, the more you'll feel refreshed and ready for the day. What happens in the morning and how you handle it, will determine what happens for the rest of the day, and what happens in your whole life

radio_adventurer
08-2012-02, 08:45 PM
A "Best of The Forum" post in the making! Good work, brother!

rhettro84
08-2012-03, 11:42 AM
HYGIENE and PERSONAL PROJECTION is very important. ...

Brush your teeth twice a day, once in the morning when you wake up and once at night when you hit the hay. Every time you brush your teeth, though, don't ever half-ass it. You need to really dig in deep and hard when you're scrubbing those shiny pearls, because if you start to fall back on your teeth-brushing simply because you were "too tired" or "didn't feel like getting up that morning/night" you're gonna start to see some yellow grime coming in that's gonna scare the ladies right off and away from you. Also, when you brush your teeth, make sure to floss, use mouthwash and scrape the back of your tongue. You don't wanna be "that guy" that shows up to a party with his friends but his breath is so raunchy that you can barely stand 3 feet away from him without smelling the vile stank of filth. ...

Shower regularly and make sure you really clean yourself when you're in the shower. ...

The very first "exercise" of Style's I did was to utterly ignore these rules and to notice the relative lack of an effect on my impressions with women.

This goes to the core psychospiritual/neurological switch that has to be made. I happen to be among those "raised by women," to take off on the the actual message and meaning of Fight Club, and women have raised us and ruled us to have our balls removed--to buy into their unreflective, axiomatic brainwash that we all have to be good, neat, tidy little boys, or else nothing will happen for us. The first lesson of game is to recognize half-truths like this to be the false flags they are. Women deploy them without even having to think about it. They are hardwired responses meant to separate the wheat from the chaff--to lead the obedient beta types away from the honey pot and identify those alphas wild and strong enough to ignore mounting sh!t tests.

Of course, I generally stay clean. But I also generally don't worry or give a f#ck. I've also observed too many examples of the "dirty guy" scoring poon to believe what the OP is saying, in the manner he is saying it. His advice should be generally followed, but his categorical frame should be wholly ignored and laughed at, and his knowing attitude scorned. It's sad that he's drawing such a strong cheering section here. Bad sign.

jiGsawyouth
08-2012-03, 06:02 PM
That was the most retarded thing I've heard in a while.

Love Monkey
08-2012-03, 07:06 PM
All of the advice given by the OP is about taking care if yourself. It is a display of self worth that cannot be faked. You can power through it if you have other things going for you, but these basics are about YOU and getting laid easier is just a side effect.

For those saying you don't need most of these things, i say sure i can use a spoon to dig a hole, but i would rather use a shovel.

rhettro84
08-2012-03, 08:07 PM
That was the most retarded thing I've heard in a while.

Oh? How is that, in particular?

For those saying you don't need most of these things, i say sure i can use a spoon to dig a hole, but i would rather use a shovel.

Well, there was one dissenting voice in this thread, and it was mine, so you don't need to refer to me generally. You can just call me out.

And I didn't actually say you don't need most of those things. In fact, I didn't reference "most of those things." I referenced particular things, and pointed out that, while they are important, the OP tied them to a wholly false and damaging premise. I lucidly explained what that premise was, and how it differed from the correct one. I also noted that I do indeed use a shovel, and take care to take care of myself.

hg1940
08-2012-03, 08:21 PM
I kinda like what rhettro states. I usually like what better_than and OF post, and I agree in general terms with this thread. But, well, I wished I had it clear, and explain it better.

Yes you gotta be clean but at the same time we are the opposite of women. When kids, boys are not afraid of getting some dirt and girls are always clean (generally). That is gender.

I am not saying do not take a shower, or do not groom somewhat, but do not obsess over it and also, do not become a Ken.

Girls always think they want this or that, then the guy tries to do whatever she said and still, he is just a friend, or a metro-sexual good friend.

Love Monkey
08-2012-04, 12:15 AM
Oh? How is that, in particular?

Well, there was one dissenting voice in this thread, and it was mine, so you don't need to refer to me generally. You can just call me out.

And I didn't actually say you don't need most of those things. In fact, I didn't reference "most of those things." I referenced particular things, and pointed out that, while they are important, the OP tied them to a wholly false and damaging premise. I lucidly explained what that premise was, and how it differed from the correct one. I also noted that I do indeed use a shovel, and take care to take care of myself.

I did not mean you specifically or explicitly, so I don't need to reference you directly.

BetterThan
08-2012-04, 01:26 AM
The very first "exercise" of Style's I did was to utterly ignore these rules and to notice the relative lack of an effect on my impressions with women.

All right, any examples?

--to buy into their unreflective, axiomatic brainwash that we all have to be good, neat, tidy little boys, or else nothing will happen for us.

I don't remember mentioning to be a "good, neat, tidy little boy" with how you groom and present yourself. The general idea I wanted to project was cleanliness of your body and mind - the sole ability to take control over your personal hygiene, looks and mindset. I understand where you're coming from in regards to women raising us to become beta males subconsciously. Hell, when I was still in diapers my mom said she would heat the cloth before wiping my ass with it, so I wouldn't have to feel the cool brush of it for the first time against my gentle-like skin. This in itself is a conditioning out of my control that trains me to become a naturally more vulnerable person towards others. I've come to terms with this, accepted that I've been raised with different beliefs, values and ideas that I've internalized now and wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying in parts of your statement. I know my past, how I've been raised and what I've been raised to believe in... BUT, I don't let these beliefs control my entire life because I've come across books, articles, PUAs, mPUAs, whatever, and have realized that my ways are unacceptable for a real man, so I went and changed my vulnerable mindset to an alpha, understanding one (this change did NOT happen overnight - more like a year and a half's worth of self-improvement and trial and error).

But I also generally don't worry or give a f#ck.

I've never been one to worry about anything or care what anyone thought about me. My friends are all the same way, saying things like "Dude, you just need to have a good time with your friends, not care what anyone else in the room thinks and just do you." This is something I've come to perfect in my days of PU - the natural ability to attract women by speaking less, acting more. It's all about how confident you are with yourself and what you feel you're capable of doing. You can pretty much get away with anything with the right body language/tone of voice, but that's still not to say the best PUAs still get blown out from time to time, they do.

I've also observed too many examples of the "dirty guy" scoring poon to believe what the OP is saying,

I'm curious, what does this "dirty guy" look like? How does he act in certain situations? Because there's two major different types of dirty here, and if you're saying he just didn't shower that night, brushed his teeth, didn't straighten his hair, etc. then I'd really, REALLY enjoy reading how he managed to pull ANY sort of woman with such bad grooming habits. Not to say that you need to be prepped up every single night for women, but the cleanliness is just a plus and shows that taking care of yourself also taps into self-respect. The more you respect yourself, the better you'll want to keep yourself in tact. Women notice these things and FEED off of this kind of guy. I never said get clean and give a fuck about what women think of you - that's just twisting my words around.

but his categorical frame should be wholly ignored and laughed at, and his knowing attitude scorned.

This in itself is useless, just thought I'd acknowledge that constructive criticism is welcome, but attacking the OP (myself) is absolutley unnecessary and just projects your communication skills poorly. But I'm glad you spoke your opinion, it's always nice to get new points of view to work with around here.

rhettro84
08-2012-04, 08:02 AM
All right, any examples?

Exercise: Go out without showering or brushing your teeth. Take less care with your appearance. Observe how, although hygiene may be important, it isn't as important and obligatory as you may think. This gets you to see the relative nature of rules generally. Crucially important point. Got it from Style--take it up with him if you want.

I don't remember mentioning to be a "good, neat, tidy little boy" with how you groom and present yourself.

That was the implied premise. You suggested that these are things you "have to do." Overall they are good things to do, but you don't really "have to" do anything, in particular. Except throw off the idea that there are particular things you "have to" do.

I'm curious, what does this "dirty guy" look like?

I don't have one handy. I've just experienced, a number of times, girls complaining about someone's appearance or smell, and then going home with that same guy.

Not to say that you need to be prepped up every single night for women,

Okey dokey.

but the cleanliness is just a plus and shows that taking care of yourself also taps into self-respect.

No argument there.

I never said get clean and give a fuck about what women think of you - that's just twisting my words around.

Not really. You framed these as categorical obligations. That begs the question, where do those obligations come from? Not from me or any one person--I don't necessarily feel, in myself, the need to maintain a certain level of hygiene or cleanliness. You suggested strongly that these were things you have to do to pull women and project self-respect and confidence. Now, you arrived at a mostly correct conclusion--that, overall, it's better to be clean than dirty. But your premise is dangerous and not just slightly wrong, but exactly opposite of the truth. Sorry if I have to "attack the OP" to get that across.

BetterThan
08-2012-04, 08:51 AM
Exercise: Go out without showering or brushing your teeth. Take less care with your appearance. Observe how, although hygiene may be important, it isn't as important and obligatory as you may think. This gets you to see the relative nature of rules generally. Crucially important point. Got it from Style--take it up with him if you want.

That was the implied premise. You suggested that these are things you "have to do." Overall they are good things to do, but you don't really "have to" do anything, in particular. Except throw off the idea that there are particular things you "have to" do.

Okay, I'd feel more inclined to understand where you're coming from if you gave legitimate examples of this happening. Something like, "My friend John barely brushed his teeth and hadn't shaved for 4 days and still pulled a number from this hottie at UNO's bar last Thursday night. He also dressed poorly and accomplished X, Y and Z!"

As for the "have to do" these things - you're right - I did imply that you need these things in order to progress your game. I still stand by that statement because being intentionally prepared for meeting women and being spontaneously prepared for meeting women are two completely different things. It's not that I'm saying you need these things to get women, rather, they're there to help you be spontaneous in meeting women. For example:

Say you're out at King of Prussia mall looking for a candle to get your mom for Mother's Day. This scenario is innocent enough, but the twist is that you manage to scope out 3-4 sexy women while looking around for Mother's Day gifts. The circumstances are spontaneous and you didn't plan ahead. BUT the point is that, if you followed these simple tasks, you would've already been groomed, full with cologne on, mints at hand and some good style that you decided to pull off because you were just doing it for you. And BAM! You walk up to one of the women and compliment her on her shoes, ask her where she got them and mention that you're looking for gifts for your mother, insisting that this new girl's taste is good enough to help you decide what to get her. Conversation starts, and you're already 3/4 of the way to getting that number AND picking a good Mother's Day gift.

What I'm trying to say is, while these things aren't fully required to get women's attention, any sudden surprises (cute girls in line at Starbucks, hotties looking for books at Barnes & Noble, that one cashier at Giant with a nice ass) will turn into opportunities once you've realized that grooming is naturally attractive to women, EVEN when you're not purposely going out of your way to meet them.

That make sense?