PDA

View Full Version : Negative or Positive Thought Patterns? - The Choice Is Yours.

time_for_adventure
07-20-2012, 02:10 PM
I was just watching a Mark Sparks (PUA) video on Youtube in which he brings up the idea, that with every negative thought that may go through your mind when it comes to relationships/women, you should force yourself to think of two or three positive thoughts/answers to what could be going on.

For example:

Your girlfriend is late when meeting you...
Negative thought:
- She's disrespecting me & my time
Positive:
- Maybe she's having trouble choosing what outfit she should wear for me
- Maybe she's just stuck in traffic

This stops us from making stupid, needy decisions as men & from getting into unneccessary arguments with women.

Another example:

She's taking forever to reply to one of your text messages....
Negative thought:
- She must be cheating on me or losing interest
Positive:
- She's playing hard to get. I'll just give her some time to reply & go do something else to occupy my time
- Maybe her phone is out of batteries or she lost it or she`s just really busy right now

Now, if you discover that something really is up - she's disrespecting you in some way &/or things just aren't working out - then deal with it accrodingly at that point in time, but until then, start visualizing positive outcomes to every one of your actions & the universe will reward you. ;)

- M

Birthday
07-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Good advice.

Some people have a 'expect the worst and you won't be disappointed' philosophy, and it really does them no favours!

ChasingShadows
07-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Poignant and a solid reminder that maintaining a positive mindset can really have an impact on the outcome of many situations in our lives. Personally, I have struggled with this my whole life and have really been making an effort to maintain a positive mindset.

Thanks for this! A well-timed post for me.

blinkyvx
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
+1

Stratum
07-20-2012, 08:04 PM
It's good advice, but I prefer not to have any expectation of what to get back, to stay relatively uninvested and see what happens. But next time I worry I'll use this technique, thanks :p