PDA

View Full Version : Eye contact

DJ BK
07-2012-11, 03:25 PM
Hi, I have a problem I need help with. I have a real big problem with giving good eye contact, not just with women but with people in general. Not sure why but its been a problem all my life as far as I can tell but I'm just now starting to think about it and try to get it fixed problem is I'm not sure how. It might be partly my problems I have with my confidence at points. Basically I was wondering if anyone has any tips improving eye contact. Thanks.

Stratum
07-2012-11, 03:30 PM
You should probably brush up on your grammar before you brush up on your game.

Confidence is the ultimate factor in eye contact. I had a problem when I was young (and still do) where any figure who I believe to be of a higher authority or a threat to me is making eye contact, and I'm making eye contact back, I laugh unintentionally. It's a stress reliever. The only way I could conquer it was to remind myself that I was in the position of power and that I was in control. Then I could hold eye contact comfortably.

jiGsawyouth
07-2012-11, 03:41 PM
I give this advice to everyone who I hear has this problem, because I used to have the same one. Look at the middle of their forehead -- they can't tell the difference -- and remember it's ok to break eye contact every once in a while. Staring in to someone's eyes is pretty creepy.

Hank Havok
07-2012-11, 04:28 PM
Just practice and be conscious of it during day to day stuff. Bank teller, Waitress etc.. It'll help you a little but in the end it's a confidence thing.

AFCTVS
07-2012-11, 11:24 PM
For me I thought I had the same problem but I really don't. What it was, is that I didn't feel comfortable looking another man in the eyes for too long. I eventually realized this is because it feels sexual to me. I can look any girl in the eye for longer than she can look back in to my eyes. Only thing is, its hard to look in someones eyes and talk at the same time. So, to fix this problem I just add more pauses, I can look in her eyes and think about what I'm going to say at the same time. Then she doesn't realize what I'm doing, she just thinks its sexy.