PDA

View Full Version : The awkward moment...

itsrob
07-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Everyone get's those awkward moment's.. and I guess we all handle them differently.. But what would you of done in my situation?..

I've been talking to a hb bartender for the past couple months, and ended up getting hammered at the bar yesterday, and spent a good 12 hours of drinking which I'm not too fond of.. Ended up getting a few texts from her later that night and she was gonna come over, but it was a maybe depending what time she got home. Well I ended up passing my drunk ass out at maybe 10:30 or so.. And was exhausted from partying hard :cool: . I woke up with a couple missed calls from her and texts that she couldn't make it so I figured no big deal on it.

Ended up having to work today at a place where I don't have cell reception and can't even really send/receive texts, so I'd have to wait til lunch to text her or get a text as I usually do. Lunch time comes 2 more texts from her and she's wondering if I'm mad at her. So I drive down to a restraunt and walk inside and see a couple people from that bar she works at that I know. Caught me a bit off guard and was a bit awkward seeing them there as their usually at the other bars. After talking to the bartender we ended up ordering food, and than I go to reply back to the hb's texts.

As soon as I reply back to her text, and was going to ask what she was up to today.. She ended up walking in the bar also, with another guy who's been hitting on her to get lunch.. So it went from a little awkard moment to a really awkard moment.. I chatted a little, but it kind of became awkard sending a text to her and than her walking in like that..

How would do you handle those awkard moment's like that?

BetterThan
07-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Well it's not really awkward unless you make it awkward. You tell yourself in your head that it's going to be awkward, convince yourself that it will be, then proceed to send awkward vibes out to her and this other guy subconsciously.

I would've remained calm, kept confident and knew, internally, that the situation was not awkward and that I'm compelely fine (which you were).

No need to get all riled up about how awkward the moment was, just simply discard the idea of everything not working out in your favor and accepting reality the way it is.

itsrob
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Well it's not really awkward unless you make it awkward. You tell yourself in your head that it's going to be awkward, convince yourself that it will be, then proceed to send awkward vibes out to her and this other guy subconsciously.

I would've remained calm, kept confident and knew, internally, that the situation was not awkward and that I'm compelely fine (which you were).

No need to get all riled up about how awkward the moment was, just simply discard the idea of everything not working out in your favor and accepting reality the way it is.

I didn't see the other guy.. It just kinda shocked me more than awkard I guess.. And we both weren't expecting it really.. And I'm still feeling pretty hungover from yesterday.. Definitely not as lively as normal.. But the other guy didn't bug me as much as not texting her back (because she asked if I was upset with her.) and then replying back to it and hearing her phone vibrate.. That's where it got awkard..