PDA

View Full Version : My roommate is my oneitis

TheWall
07-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Ok, so i'm well aware i have oneitis. I read The Game about 4 months ago, read some other pickup stuff, and figured this out. To keep it short, I hung out with this girl almost every day for three months straight. Now I'm living with her for the summer. I have very bad oneitis, to the point where I was her cuddle bitch - cuddling for hours on end and sleeping in the same bed without ever doing anything. Now she's fucking another guy, so the past few days have just hell for me.
I know I have the oneitis, and have a very good understanding that my situation is case and point. I'll also point out that I conveniently stopped reading pickup stuff when I started hanging out with her so much, because I knew it would steer me away. Well now reading pickup is really helping getting me through the day. However, I still do live with this girl.
My question to all of you is how to do salvage this living situation? We share the bedroom, same apt, everything. I see her a ton. I would love to just cut her off, but I can't for a couple months. I'm going away to visit friends sometimes on the weekends, so that gives me an oppurtunity to sarge and get over this chick. But as far as day-to-day stuff, how do I go about living with her?
Beyond that, I can't really get into bars in DC being that I'm only 20. Is street pickup my best option? The area I live in is packed with SHBs (Georgetown). I'm also in school (GW), but I understand a lot of the problems with the closed environment.
Oh, and hello to everyone! I have a feeling I'll be around this place pretty often.
Any help is appreciated, and hope this is in the right place!

Lancelot
07-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Well hey, the first thought that went through my mind when I read the subject title was "Please don't be coming out of the closet to the community."
But now I see your roommate is a girl.
Like all Oneitisis (Oneitisi?), they fizzle out after a couple weeks. Since she's your roommate, you can't quite excorcise her from your life.
Only thing I can think of is to go out and get oneitis for ANOTHER girl, one that you CAN just drop from your life.
And hey! I could have gone to GW, but BU's acceptance came earlier, and I wasn't sure if I actually formally applied to GW (no application payment made...whoops!).
Anyways, as for the day to day...
try and get out of the apt as much as possible. The less you see of her, the less the hurt.

Nox
07-05-2006, 09:16 AM
I agree with Lancelot. Stay out of the apt.
As well, try to go out and meet people (specially hot girls) as much as you can. After meeting enough women, you'll see she's replaceable. Sarge a lot. If you're not in the mood, do it anyway.

Enigmaz
07-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Come sarge with me sometime. Im staying in DC and I bet meeting more chicks will help you tremendously. PM me if you're interested in some day game. I'm still 20, so we're on the same situation.

Russ
07-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Any help is appreciated, and hope this is in the right place!
Other than the "Worst Of" forums? ;)
Seriously, bro! You can not live with this girl, unless you can completely drop your interest in her! Unless the situation is sweet (cheap rent, sweet location, you're banging all your roomies friends), I'd start looking for a new place right away. When you get some distance and perspective on this, you're going to feel like a real tool for being all hung up on this gal. I want to kick myself when I remember my one-itisis! Freedom from that disease is a wonderful thing. Good luck.

TheWall
07-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Other than the "Worst Of" forums? ;)
Seriously, bro! You can not live with this girl, unless you can completely drop your interest in her! Unless the situation is sweet (cheap rent, sweet location, you're banging all your roomies friends), I'd start looking for a new place right away. When you get some distance and perspective on this, you're going to feel like a real tool for being all hung up on this gal. I want to kick myself when I remember my one-itisis! Freedom from that disease is a wonderful thing. Good luck.
haha, well i definitely won't be moving. my mentality now is that if i can make the last two months of of this summer successful and still live with this girl, than i will be well on my way.

antman
07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
if it were me, number one priority would be to fclose a chick at your place and make her scream so loud your roomate wakes up
:D

Russ
07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
if it were me, number one priority would be to fclose a chick at your place and make her scream so loud your roomate wakes up
Dude, they share the same bedroom! How cool would that be!?!:D

the piper
07-05-2006, 01:35 PM
i would agree with dude before me. F-close a girl at the place. however, umm, maybe this girl wants you to make the fucking move on her. have you even tried? you might be caught in the friends zone. whatever the case the best advise i can give just to make things not strange between you to is tell her this word for word "close you eyes and open your mouth" when she is least expecting it slip her your penis, and if you aren't that daring maybe just a finger. see how she responds, ha ha ha ha. you'll be fine oneitis sucks balls hardcore, i know, we all know. take time away from her make new friends. you'll know what to do.

Vapor
07-05-2006, 01:38 PM
If you find you can't find this thread, check the Worst Of forum.

I have very bad oneitis, to the point where I was her cuddle bitch - cuddling for hours on end and sleeping in the same bed without ever doing anything. Now she's fucking another guy, so the past few days have just hell for me.
You are irrevocably shitcanned with this girl. Yes, if you started taking home hot girls and having them sing your praises about how well you fuck them, your girl would take notice. But if you could do that, you wouldn't be a cuddle bitch. That is wbAFC behavior.
Click the "dig it" link below, and run the newbie mission. You need to be out of the apartment anyway.

Russ
07-05-2006, 01:38 PM
best advise i can give just to make things not strange between you to is tell her this word for word "close you eyes and open your mouth" when she is least expecting it slip her your penis,.
You sure make that sound easy! There's nothing a girl loves more than a dick in her mouth when she doesn't expect it! What if she's standing? "Alright, now hold on while I go buy a stepladder... wait right there..."http://i6.tinypic.com/1z35jqe.gif

TheWall
07-05-2006, 01:48 PM
You are irrevocably shitcanned with this girl. Yes, if you started taking home hot girls and having them sing your praises about how well you fuck them, your girl would take notice. But if you could do that, you wouldn't be a cuddle bitch. That is wbAFC behavior.
Click the "dig it" link below, and run the newbie mission. You need to be out of the apartment anyway.
you guys really need a laughing smylie here!
what you said is pretty much what i know. right now i need to start from the beginning, and this is the place to do it.
i'm looking forward to it!

Vapor
07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
you guys really need a laughing smylie here!
what you said is pretty much what i know. right now i need to start from the beginning, and this is the place to do it.
i'm looking forward to it!
Sorry, oneitis posts often accompany many follow-up posts of how it's really important to the OP to get the girl, and things go south quickly. Hence the tough love. You're exactly right, this is exactly the place to start a new direction.
I would recommend checking out the Field Reports section, and read about Black_Bird's newbie mission FR's nights 1-15 or 16 or something. In that time, he went from getting blown out left and right to closing two girls for a threesome. A really good example of what's possible when you follow the prescription.

TheWall
07-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Sorry, oneitis posts often accompany many follow-up posts of how it's really important to the OP to get the girl, and things go south quickly. Hence the tough love. You're exactly right, this is exactly the place to start a new direction.
I would recommend checking out the Field Reports section, and read about Black_Bird's newbie mission FR's nights 1-15 or 16 or something. In that time, he went from getting blown out left and right to closing two girls for a threesome. A really good example of what's possible when you follow the prescription.
see things like that make my day!

McNasty
07-05-2006, 02:27 PM
If you still really wanna get this girl....some things you may wanna do are:
1. AMOG her other man.
2. F-close other girls (in the apartment would be even better).
3. At least go on other dates and let her be aware of that.
4. AVOID HER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, even when you're in the apartment together, just don't spend time with her, do your own thing. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
5. when you DO see her, and spend time with her, tease the shit out of her...give her some negs, make fun of her, demonstrate higher value. Be flirtatious.
6. If all else fails...and if the situation's right....you *COULD* just be an AFC and tell her how you feel.....this does work in certain situations....not every girl is a complete bitch that will turn you down for being honest. Depending on the relationship you have with a girl....telling her that you like her could even change how she feels about you too....I know sometimes when I find out a girl likes me, I immediately consider the possibility of me liking her too. However, you should be willing to risk losing her and possibly have to find a new roomate if you pull this one out. Excercise extreme discretion if you wanna do this.

Cactus
07-05-2006, 02:43 PM
I think I have a solution. If you ever find your way into the "cuddle bitch" situation again, do as follows (it would also behoove you to read my "get physical: kissing to breasts" post if you want more detailed information on the transitions): snuggle in nice and close, but so that your head is just behind and to the side of hers. Angle your nostrils so that each breath lands on her ear and neck. Slowly, deliberately draw out your breaths so that they're long and deep. This will start to get her a little aroused. Then, start caressing her body. After a lot of that, just grab her under the chin, and pull her towards you and go for the kiss. If you get that far, I'm sure you'll go farther. I mean, you ARE already in her bed.
P.S. All these times that you slept with her at night, how'd you hide your boner? lol

Russ
07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
You are irrevocably shitcanned with this girl.
God, I wish I'd have waited 30 seconds to reply so I have read this first! http://i6.tinypic.com/1z39m5f.gif
You're a funny guy, Vapor. If ever in the NC area, please know you've got a place to stay and a competent wing.http://i6.tinypic.com/1z39od1.gif

Nox
07-05-2006, 04:21 PM
I fucking second that. So inmature... yet so fun.

Xtreeme
07-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Look man, McNasty has some nasty stuff to tell you and everyone knows, MYSTERY is always RIGHT. And this time is about the Jealosy plotline.
You said that its a hell knowing she's fucking guys, because u get jealous, well then u might dont want to talk to imonfire on this forum, since she posted an article about theese guys. And mystery said that a woman cant be sure that she wants a guy before she feels jealosy, and that shit applies to men to.
So if u feel jealosy u pretty much like this girl, and yea I KNOW im pointing out the obviusly here, but why shouldn't I?
If you want her, why not just get her?
Know that pulling AFC stuff would just get u kicked out of your place or just ignored. RUN FUCKING game on her, why are u at this website? - I know gaming shouldnt be targeting one special girl but the game itself. but there still are no excuse why you shouldnt try? Neg her when u can, DHV when u can, and get yourself a fucking fuck buddy which u can rely on so that when u and ure roommate finally have a moment with a spark in it, you could just call over your buddy and fuck her the same night. I mean, you and your roommate aren't dating and she's fucking a guy, WHY shouldnt you?
Look, I actually have some experience with this kind of deals and one happend to me recently, NOT precisely as yours but kinda similar, so if you'd wanna talk about it more closely and you feel like you really want this chic, just PM me and I'll share all the experience I have.. But if your seriously about making it through the two months and wanna do the newbie mission, then do it. There's a lot of amazing guys in this forum that knows tons more about the game then me, I just happend to have some experience with love involving game which is something I haven't seen much of here. And yes, I totally agree, (with Vapor, i think) read Black Birds FR's they totally rock and it's amazing reading how he developed. and PM him, he's a great dude and loves answering questions. Give him my regards.
OneItis SUCKS, we all hate it. I dont know how much help this is but here are two things worth thinking about:
1. You are not alone about it, sad love songs are written ALL the time and thats like only 1% of it.
2. Read Imonfire's "What should I do about this girl" thread. Im sorry i dont have the link but search for it and you will find it. otherwise she has the link on her signature, just look up a post she's written and you'll find it.
Other then that. Peace man!

Darius
07-05-2006, 04:53 PM
this is the most basic prime example of the saying that i live by and it holds true time and time again....
Don't shit where you eat!
i'll explain what i mean.
you are the said typical afc dude(or chick) and you work with, go to class with, live with, are friends with an Hb and would typically like to court her. this is no fault of yours. so you begin the tyoical afc courting procedure. now this works about 50% of the time.
A)when it does work, it goes on for a bit. but sense you dont know any better, you do the normal afc stuff. this includes calling her too much, becoming needy or too needy, allowing frequent long sliences between you two for more than 1 minute, and other things of the like. time passes and she gets tired of it and that's when the dunmping begins. this is when all hell breaks loose and all the shit hits the fan. since you are close to her outside of the said 'relationship,' it gets messy. things get weird are you two and depending on how the break-up went and how messy it was, rumors are spread and then your stock is shot in that area you are in.
B) when it doesnt work, it's a clusterf*ck. also, depending on the situation stated above, it can get bad. you can loose a friendship, loose standing/face at the place you work, feel very weird in class, etc. lots of drama then ensues; this can be started by her showing off her new dude or other things of that nautre.
- so you see, lots of drama occurs when you try something like this. i would think that even some accomplished pua's have trouble with the lagistics involved. this is why that it has always been my LAW-not a life theory.
so my advise in this situation (living with the chick and sleeping in the same room-my guessing it's a dorm room-), is just ignore her. ignore the fact that you here her cuddle bitch for however long it was.
- treat it and her as if it didnt happen. therefore, dont do it any more also. if she gets bitchy cause because of this, then that's good. make yourself the prize. if/when she does this, she is not getting what she wants and you are taking the power back. or if you want, treat her as just a friend and turn her into a pivot.
none of this is going to be easy. 1-itis is a bitch to get rid of, especially in your circumstance. just stick to your guns and treat it like it didnt happen. stay out of the place a little bit more than usual and be seen with lots of girls. be it in just conversation or other. hope this helps mate.
cheers...

TheWall
07-05-2006, 05:12 PM
my honest guess is that it is still probably more likely than not that i end up hooking up with this girl before the end of the summer, for the simple fact that we're both young, horny, and often get drunk. shit happens.
however, i have absolutely NO incentive to do so. in the last few days, i have been thinking over and over of all the reasons why i shouldn't do it, and they vastly outweight advantages of ever going for this girl again. she is pretty much not my type at all - my attraction to her is simply that i can't have it. now if that doesn't say oneitis, i don't know what does. yes, this is me building a complex against her, but that's exactly what i need to do.
Darius is right with everything he says. his post describes me perfectly. i have hooked up with this girl a long long time ago and it did not turn out well at all. it was all drama after the fact. yet, i became great friends with her and i'm back to square one.
Reasons i shouldn't go for her:
She's not my type
She is my oneitis
I will get attached and undoubtedly regress in every way possible as far as women
She's my roommate!
It would probably destroy a pretty good friendship
Reasons i should hook up with her:
Sex
that's it! there is no reason for me to hook up with her outside of sex, which isn't all of a bad reason considering i don't pull a ton of ass. but i would much rather be spending my time doing newbie mission and working my way up the PUA ladder than wasting my time getting upset at a girl i can't have. not to mention that the better i get at being a PUA, the better chance i will have at ever hooking with her again if i wanted to. there is basically no incentive for me to go for her now.

McNasty
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
She doesnt even really sound like a one-itis to me...
You just sound like you're attracted to this girl and you can't get her......that doesnt make her a oneitis
If you really had feelings for her and got nervous and fucked up everytime you were around her then maybe

Luck
07-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi The Wall, that is tough situation buddy. Yeah I thought like Lancelot that your room mate was another guy, so you were coming out! Funny opening line man. You might have an unrecognised talent for one liners.
Anyway, you seem pretty adamant about staying there, and if you got to for financial reasons or whatever, then ok, but you are much better out of it. it is not a question, in my opinion of sticking it out makes you better or stronger. in my opinion, you are receiving a lot of negative feedback which is damaging to your self esteem and self image, and could make you feel bad abour yourself for a long time to come even after this is all over. you wanna be getting experiences which are gonna reinforce your self image and self confidence, and then you are gonna grow inside.
it might be too late for her, but if she could see you with that burning hot confidence and sexual charisma flowing out of you, then she might change from seeing you as a friend to more of sex material. i don:t know. it is not easy to judge your situation. but anyway, another idea, is when you are in the cuddle position, try to subtly turn it into a sexual vibe. but you had the platonic friendship thing going for a long time, so just ease into it gently. maybe like sniffing her neck and telling her she smells good (this got a new girl into bed having sex with me in 30 minutes last week!), rubbing her hair etc. even massage! give her a back massage, doing her shoulders after, and her neck very gently, then ask that she give you one. she is comfortable with you, and you have physical proximity, so all you gotta do is turn it a little sexual or a little more physically charged, to get that energy moving in that direction. even if she is banging another guy, don:t mean she loves him or has so much feelings for him that would stop her making out with you also.
hell, you know what. go for it. because even if she says no and does not go for it, what have you lost? nothing!!!!! but if she goes for it, what have you gained? the works my friend!! but when you do go for it, my advice is to go gently, under the radar, so you are already cuddled up, then slowly go step by step to a higher level - maybe a little back massage, then shoulders, then neck, then maybe turn her over, doing her stomach, arms etc, and "accidentally" brushing the top of her breasts as you move your hands over her etc. step by step, and bit by bit, she will be getting hormone release. maybe try massaging the back of her legs and working very slowly and gently upwards (but not too close, so that she is not alerted!), and then maybe letting her massage you, so she is beginning to think sexual thoughts about you. have candles lit in the room, with the electric lights turned off (this is brilliant for mood).
go for it buddy. trust me. you are gonna regret it if you don`t at least try!!!!!! let us know how you get on!!!!

hWolff
07-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Look man, McNasty has some nasty stuff to tell you and everyone knows, MYSTERY is always RIGHT. And this time is about the Jealosy plotline.
You said that its a hell knowing she's fucking guys, because u get jealous, well then u might dont want to talk to imonfire on this forum, since she posted an article about theese guys. And mystery said that a woman cant be sure that she wants a guy before she feels jealosy, and that shit applies to men to.
So if u feel jealosy u pretty much like this girl, and yea I KNOW im pointing out the obviusly here, but why shouldn't I?
If you want her, why not just get her?
Know that pulling AFC stuff would just get u kicked out of your place or just ignored. RUN FUCKING game on her, why are u at this website? - I know gaming shouldnt be targeting one special girl but the game itself. but there still are no excuse why you shouldnt try? Neg her when u can, DHV when u can, and get yourself a fucking fuck buddy which u can rely on so that when u and ure roommate finally have a moment with a spark in it, you could just call over your buddy and fuck her the same night. I mean, you and your roommate aren't dating and she's fucking a guy, WHY shouldnt you?
Look, I actually have some experience with this kind of deals and one happend to me recently, NOT precisely as yours but kinda similar, so if you'd wanna talk about it more closely and you feel like you really want this chic, just PM me and I'll share all the experience I have.. But if your seriously about making it through the two months and wanna do the newbie mission, then do it. There's a lot of amazing guys in this forum that knows tons more about the game then me, I just happend to have some experience with love involving game which is something I haven't seen much of here. And yes, I totally agree, (with Vapor, i think) read Black Birds FR's they totally rock and it's amazing reading how he developed. and PM him, he's a great dude and loves answering questions. Give him my regards.
OneItis SUCKS, we all hate it. I dont know how much help this is but here are two things worth thinking about:
1. You are not alone about it, sad love songs are written ALL the time and thats like only 1% of it.
2. Read Imonfire's "What should I do about this girl" thread. Im sorry i dont have the link but search for it and you will find it. otherwise she has the link on her signature, just look up a post she's written and you'll find it.
Other then that. Peace man!
Backing up Xtreeme, jealousy is having an influence on your emotional interactions with this one-itis girl. She, if she's not oblivious, knows that you like her and is playing you with all the game she has. She's knowingly going out and having sex with other guys when you two are platonically sharing the same bed - and I'm sure you never spoke of having a platonic relationship with her.
Here you must use your self-control. It is one of the primary places that change comes from. Right now you are emotionally charged with all interactions you have with this girl and you're allowing her to take complete charge of the dynamic between you two. She knows what she's doing, whether she's consciouse of it or not, and you must choose to change the relationship that is currently in existance. All you have is time and self-control, and all you need is time and self-control.
Try and make a conscious decision to creating relationships with different girls. By choosing to interact with other girls the interactions will naturally follow. It is similar to buying a car: you've never seen a green chevy on the road before and as soon as you begin thinking about buying a green chevy all that you see on the roads are green chevys. Same thing with girls. At the moment all you want to 'buy' is the one-itis girl and that is all that you are seeing. Use self control and look to 'buy' other girls and you'll begin to see opportunities.
To quote Rob Schneider, "You can do it!"