PDA

View Full Version : Building Confidence to Approach Groups

NewbPUA
07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
As someone with only a week of sarging experience under my belt, I'm wondering how one gathers the confidence to approach groups of 2 or more girls [no guys]. Is there a linear sequence that everyone follows such as the following:?
Approach Singles ---> Get Good At Singles ---> Approach Doubles ---> Get Good At Doubles ---> Approach Triples ---> Get Good At Triples ---> etc.??
I'm 18 and I usually go solo to approach girls at the beach, but my main problem is chicks are ALWAYS with their friends, family, or boyfriends, leaving a VERY small quantity of singles that I can actually approach! And the ones who are by themselves are usually not attractive. Seriously, I average about 1 approach per day, and usually the girls I approach are with one or two girlfriends, but the ocean waves periodically split up their group and that's when I go in.
Here's what always happens: I start talking to one of the girls in the 3 set (when she's by herself), and then her friends notice she's talking to me, get jealous that she was the one approached, and pull her away from me before I even get a chance to chat for one minute. Then they all leave. It pisses me off so bad...
So I wanna know what you guys think I should do in my situation...now don't get me wrong... there are TONS of hot girls on the beach, but the problem is that 90% of the time they come in groups. And quite simply, I don't have the confidence to approach a 2-set of college girls tanning on the sand, reading, or sleeping.
Is there a better place where I can find singles, or what?? And please don't suggest malls--I've tried malls and they are HORRIBLE for finding single girls.
Any advice would be great...

Lancelot
07-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Here's what always happens: I start talking to one of the girls in the 3 set (when she's by herself), and then her friends notice she's talking to me, get jealous that she was the one approached, and pull her away from me before I even get a chance to chat for one minute. Then they all leave. It pisses me off so bad...

First off, change your screen name. You could surpass everyone and become PUAG (Pick Up Artist Guru) and your name would STILL be NewbPUA.
Second, this concerns the friends getting pulled away.
Let them get pulled away. Leave for 5-10 minutes. Come back, approach the entire group with "Don't I know you from somewhere?" (Sly grin!) and wag your finger at the girl. If she doesn't/while she is trying to, cut her off and say "Ahh, I bet your friends here tried to pull you away."
Open the friends, and begin to chat.
See you in a PM

Nox
07-04-2006, 08:37 PM
As someone with only a week of sarging experience under my belt, I'm wondering how one gathers the confidence to approach groups of 2 or more girls [no guys]. Is there a linear sequence that everyone follows such as the following:?
Approach Singles ---> Get Good At Singles ---> Approach Doubles ---> Get Good At Doubles ---> Approach Triples ---> Get Good At Triples ---> etc.??

No. Approach every time you see a hot girl. 3 set, go. 2 set, go. Mixed set, go.

I'm 18 and I usually go solo to approach girls at the beach, but my main problem is chicks are ALWAYS with their friends, family, or boyfriends, leaving a VERY small quantity of singles that I can actually approach! And the ones who are by themselves are usually not attractive. Seriously, I average about 1 approach per day, and usually the girls I approach are with one or two girlfriends, but the ocean waves periodically split up their group and that's when I go in.
"Women of particulary beauty are rarely found alone" -Mystery
You won't find hot women alone. Life is dangerous for a pretty girl, and she goes out with her peer group not just to have fun, but also for protection. If you want hot girls, deal with the group. This is called Group Theory and I'm assuming you didn't read the Venusian Arts Handbook. Get it, it's not expensive and you'll have all you need for some time.

Step out of this situation for a second. Now try to imagine what it feels like to a girl, to have a hot girl as best friend. Every single dude out there comes and totally ignores her and pays attention to the hot chick. She's pissed. Not only that, if you approach a lone-wolf, her friend will assume you're a typical guy, and will come "rescue" her.
As before, deal with the entire group.

So I wanna know what you guys think I should do in my situation...now don't get me wrong... there are TONS of hot girls on the beach, but the problem is that 90% of the time they come in groups. And quite simply, I don't have the confidence to approach a 2-set of college girls tanning on the sand, reading, or sleeping.
Again, you will have to deal with the entire group.
Approach anxiety is common. You'll have to deal with it. 3 second rule. It serves a purpose. Obey it. If you see a set Is it good to go? Are they moving? No? Go in. Don't think, just do it.
I think it was Tyler Durden that said: "You'll regret those little decisions that go by day after day if you don't change. Life's passing you by."
Think what would happen if you DON'T do it. Thin about what will happen if you stay like this for 1 year. 2 years. 5 years. A decade.
I remember when my approach anxiety wouldn't let me be. It was awful. All I had were dissapointing nights. All I had were regretful mornings. I still get anxiety, I just don't let it take over.
I think it's the same with everyone. There are just a few lucky bastards who don't get anxiety. Good for them. The rest of us mortals have to deal with it.
Well... Life's not fair (and that's good news).
Peace,
Nox.

NewbPUA
07-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Nox, as much as I agree with your advice, I can't understand how everyone on these forums simply recommends doing it and not caring. I am CONVINCED that psychologically it's nearly impossible for a beginner to just say "fuck it" and approach 3-sets and 4-sets with attractive girls. YES, I know it doesn't matter if you fail, but in terms of the mental challenge this doesn't alleviate any anxiety for me because when you're there in the moment, in the situation, pondering rejection, you don't care about the long term, you only care about the imminent pain.
Here's the way I see it:
telling someone to get good by starting with 3-sets seems like telling someone new to martial arts to start training by fighting against 3 opponents at the same time, rather than just one. They just simply won't have the confidence to do this, even if they wanted to, am I right???
How many people on this forum can honestly say they were able to approach groups when they started off with virtually NO experience and NO wingman?? Very few, if any, I bet.
Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the advice, but at the moment I'm just a bit frustrated because I'm wondering if I'm the only one on this forum who wasn't supremely confident enough to approach groups when starting out....

No. Approach every time you see a hot girl. 3 set, go. 2 set, go. Mixed set, go.

Much easier said than done. If everyone on this planet were able to just approach at will, we'd all be master PUA's. How come some people can, and others can't? I swear dude, your confidence reserves and past experiences all govern your ability to approach.

I think it was Tyler Durden that said: "You'll regret those little decisions that go by day after day if you don't change. Life's passing you by."
Think what would happen if you DON'T do it. Thin about what will happen if you stay like this for 1 year. 2 years. 5 years. A decade.

I have thought about this numerous times; still struggle to approach groups.

I remember when my approach anxiety wouldn't let me be. It was awful. All I had were dissapointing nights. All I had were regretful mornings. I still get anxiety, I just don't let it take over.

What does this mean though dude? What exactly did you use to "stop letting it take over"?? NLP? What I'm trying to say is right now I can sit in my room and say to myself "I'm not gonna let this fear control my life anymore", and "I'll regret not approaching when I'm older"....etc, etc.....yet I'll still be paralyzed next time I go out.
By the way, if it helps at all, I once did approach a group--it was a moving 2-set in a mall coming opposite my direction, and I CRASHED AND BURNED. One girl didn't even stop to listen, and the one who did didn't even respond, rolled her eyes at me, and kept moving. Yeah, it sucked, and I remember my state being absolutely destroyed after that....
^^ This one approach is the only reference I have for approaching groups, and maybe that's why I am extremely reluctant to approach another group...with that being said, what should I do, work on inner game issues first??

Nox
07-05-2006, 08:26 AM
No, but you just need to focus on little things at first.
Concentrate on just opening.
Go to any place where there's group of people. Ask them for something... maybe a recommendation. A good band they think you should buy a record. Tell them you're just open-minded and looking for new things.
Just focus on getting the recommendation.
Listen, in order to learn, you have to break down things. You won't get good in this tomorrow. When I say open, it doesn't mean go all the way looking for getting the girl. First, try to JUST open. Little goal, and a simple one. Get good at it. Open consistently any type of set, and concentrate on that for say... a week.
After you get good on opening, concentrate on DHV. Make everyone laugh. Get David D's "Cocky comedy", it's a good way to start.
If you want it all now, chances are you're gonna get nothing. Break it down and learn it by pieces. I KNOW it sucks. I really do, and I feel your pain, but you have to get out there and do it. There's no other way. It's out there and waiting for you. You just gotta have to courage to take it.
Best regards,
Nox.

Lancelot
07-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Don't keep psyching yourself out.
When it comes to approach anxiety, you don't necessarily need to approach WELL, you just need to approach. You can start trying to approach well after you get halfway past anxiety.
With the martial artists analogy of yours, you don't have to WIN, you just have to TRY.
It can also be related to walking off a platform or falling backwards blindfolded. As much as your mind is screaming "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!", you really CAN. All it requires is just a simple movement of the leg, a slight shift of your balance, and you did it.
Consequences be damned, you did it.
Dealing with consequences is a different story. Rarely are they long lived consequences, or even consequential consequences.
Your reputation won't suffer by gaming a girl NO ONE knows, and your game can only get better for it.
Think of it kind of mathematically.
With each new personality added to a set, there is a larger chance of one of them wanting to spend more time with you, essentially being the reason for you to stay in the set.
Say each girl in a set has a 25% chance of finding you interesting.
4 girls in a set, and you're close to guaranteed to finding a girl that will want to keep you around while you try and game the set.
(As long as you don't offend any of the girls in the set, they won't try and get away from you)
If the set does nosedive, just eject. You don't have to do it gracefully, but just eject. "Oh, I gotta go." Easiest ejection sequence ever.
With the more girls in a set, the less likely it is that the conversation will just drop. When you're DHVing, you don't have the experiences of ONE girl, you have the experience of the number of girls there.
When it's a soloset, there is more likely a chance that the conversation will drop. You'll go into something that she has no interest in, and it'll end with her saying "Yeahhh..." (An unenthusiastic "Yes I agree" tone of voice)
Honestly, just try it, but remember to talk to the entire group, not individuals.

Cactus
07-05-2006, 09:25 AM
I am CONVINCED that psychologically it's nearly impossible for a beginner to just say "fuck it" and approach 3-sets and 4-sets with attractive girls. YES, I know it doesn't matter if you fail, but in terms of the mental challenge this doesn't alleviate any anxiety for me because when you're there in the moment, in the situation, pondering rejection, you don't care about the long term, you only care about the imminent pain.
It's no where even close to impossible for you to just say "fuck it" and go in and start talking to a girl. When I first started out learning PU, I was all alone. My friends thought I was a loser for having to "change" myself to be better with women, and I got ridiculed for buying materials that would help my game. I started out by going to parties and just striking up conversation with people. You don't even have to open women to get over approach anxiety, start by just talkin to guys. Young or old, it doesn't matter who you talk to, just talk to somebody.

How many people on this forum can honestly say they were able to approach groups when they started off with virtually NO experience and NO wingman?? Very few, if any, I bet.
I can honestly say that when I first started, I was scared shitless. But look man, weigh the consequences of talking to THAT girl. I walk up, I say my shtick, either she likes it or she doesn't. If she doesn't, BIG FUCKING DEAL! That's just one more person that I've learned I wouldn't be able to get along with. I'll go talk to somebody else. And seriously, all you're doing is TALKING. How much trouble can TALKING get you into?

Much easier said than done. If everyone on this planet were able to just approach at will, we'd all be master PUA's. How come some people can, and others can't? I swear dude, your confidence reserves and past experiences all govern your ability to approach.
For starters, very few of us would be MPUA's. Opening is JUST THE BEGINNING! There's still so much more to go through once you've opened. And the reason that some people can, is because they'll swallow their pride and accept the chance that they'll get a verbal kick in the nuts. Yeah, when you're just starting out, you're so worried about "what's gonna happen." You just have to realize that it's no big deal. If you go out and get shut down enough times, you'll become completely desensitized to it. Even now, I still get shut down sometimes. Just the other night I tried an opinion opener, and the girl just says, "Uh....No." Because of my calibration, I new how to respond, "Oh are you the leader of the pack? You can speak on everyone's behalf?" "Yes......well no, i dunno." "Ok, I'm gonna talk to your friend then."
So I got blown out, I don't care. I went on and talked to several more women after them, and the others were a lot more entertaining. Right now, you seem to be so focused on what you have to lose. Well, what do you have to lose? A little pride, that's it. But...what do you have to gain? Well for starters, she could wind up becoming your girlfriend, providing you with amazing emotional fulfillment, and quite possibly some mindblowing sex. Are you with me?

What does this mean though dude? What exactly did you use to "stop letting it take over"?? NLP? What I'm trying to say is right now I can sit in my room and say to myself "I'm not gonna let this fear control my life anymore", and "I'll regret not approaching when I'm older"....etc, etc.....yet I'll still be paralyzed next time I go out.
Use reason and logic to get over your fear. That and the three second rule. If you see someone that might be worth talking to, walk over to them IMMEDIATELY! If you sit around and try to analyze it, you're just gonna psych yourself out again.

By the way, if it helps at all, I once did approach a group--it was a moving 2-set in a mall coming opposite my direction, and I CRASHED AND BURNED. One girl didn't even stop to listen, and the one who did didn't even respond, rolled her eyes at me, and kept moving. Yeah, it sucked, and I remember my state being absolutely destroyed after that....
^^ This one approach is the only reference I have for approaching groups, and maybe that's why I am extremely reluctant to approach another group...with that being said, what should I do, work on inner game issues first??
This is the reason why you're so scared to approach women? Because they rolled their eyes at you or just flat out ignored you? WOW! Let me tell YOU a little story about getting rejected.
I'm working at a country club as a lifeguard. One day, I see this SHB (super hot babe) that I wanted to talk to. (Granted, this wasn't one of the finer points of my game...) So I walked over to her with a bit of sunscreen in my hand and I said, "Hey, could you rub some of this on my back?" *Silence..............* Her: "What the hell's your problem?!? Aren't you s'posed to work here or something?!?" Me: "Yeah... so?" "Eww, gross. Go away, please."
Now is that funny or what?!? I love this story and the fact that it happened to me. It's a great laugh for me and my friends to recount this story (because they watched this uber shut down). If you want to not have a problem with rejection, talk to some other guys about the worst they've ever been rejected. Go out with a couple friends and have a competition to see who can get shut down the hardest. Sounds stupid, but trust me, not only will it do wonders for your inner game (for being able to open in the future) it will give you stories and memories you'll look back and laugh at.

inventory0297
07-05-2006, 12:16 PM
EDIT: Cactus knows what's up, good post man. You HAVE to say, "fuck it."
I think the main problem here is that many people overthink this so much that it kind of builds up as a mental block much bigger for some people than it has to be. Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy after a while....... the good news is you're eighteen, plenty of time to make the changes necessary.
As others have said, nearly everyone gets approach anxiety. I certainly do, and it has been a daily habit for me to speak to random people since I became socially aware.
It is like anything else which inspires fear. When I was growing up we used to go out boating on the lake and jump off this tall bridge (Whiskeytown Bridge West of Redding, CA if anyone knows it). It was about 65 feet (eight stories or so), tall enough that if you got caught they'd charge you with attempted suicide, so if you're going to do it, you have to do it fast. The first time climbing over the rail was fucking terrifying, standing on the slim concrete reveal on the other side I couldn't stop my legs from shaking. I probably hesitated for a good minute, which only made the fear get worse. After the first time though, I wanted to do it again. The adrenaline high lasted for a good 15 minutes, and it occured to me that that was fucking FUN.
The fear never completely goes away, everytime I looked down at the water there was the same rush, the same sense of fear. But you learn to conquer it, the fear becomes part of the enjoyment, and pretty soon I would hop out of the car halfway across the bridge and take a running jump off the edge without even thinking about it. So it is with approaching. The rush becomes fun. You've done it before, you know you can do it again.
For all the talk there really is only one successful solution to this vicious circle of, "I'm scared to approach, therefore I don't approach, therefore I remain scared to approach":
You have to just snap. Say, "Fuck it, this isn't how I want to live my life, I refuse to let this hold me back anymore." Get a little pissed about it, put some intensity behind this feeling.
Then put it into action. Get properly dressed/groomed so you feel as confident as possible and go out to approach people. But this time, REFUSE TO GIVE IN, DO NOT BITCH OUT, NO MATTER WHAT! Even if your hands won't stop shaking and you're stuttering incoherently, PUSH FORWARD! Say anything at first. The girl I closed last night I had met a week before at a gas station with this opener: "Pontiac, huh? They say those are old people cars for young people. I could just see you driving 45 on the freeway in a Buick in a couple years." She laughed and said her parents had gave it to her, blah blah blah, and it was off and running. Easy.
Forcing yourself to approach is the only way to truly internalize the important truths about approaching that people are trying to impart:
1. The nervousness goes away once you start talking. It is almost strange how this works, but within seconds of engaging in the conversation it all drops away as your brain gets engaged in conversing rather than self defeating fear.
2. Approaching is rewarding. Most times if done correctly the approach will go well (even if it takes some bitch shield breaking, don't get hung up on people's first reactions. I have been called an asshole or told to fuck off by many of the women I would later take home. Eliciting any emotion is better than being an amorphous nobody.). These successful approaches build on each other until you see being sociable and meeting people as a fun part of your life. Again, the only way to get this positive reinforcement is TO APPROACH. You must make a start to make a finish.
3. Conversely, getting blown out is not a big deal. What happens when you get blown out? Nothing. You move on and it is forgotten or looked back on with laughter an hour or a day later. That girl or group didn't buy what you're selling? Fuck it, there's millions more look just like 'em. This attitude as well can only be learned by getting out there.
4. You'll learn to appreciate the rewards. This morning the first waking impression I had was a hint of apple shampoo and light perfume. I snuck off to go to the gym early and got back to see her curled up like a kitten, a shock of brunette hair whisping over her face. Soooo cute. I took a shower and curled up with her. I live for that shit (more than the sex even). There is no way to get women you desire without approaching them. If I hadn't popped off some bullshit about Pontiacs none of this ever would have happened. Trust me, it is all worth it. Any blow out short of having them chop off your arm is worth it.
So now, some practical suggestions for approaching. This is what I do, your mileage may vary:
1. Look for the spontaneous approach, this eliminates much of the AA. See a group of girls walking to the bar in a club? Hand the target a $10 and say: "Hey, get me a Corona while you're up there, I want to tell you something when you get back." When she gets back: <all serious, speaking slowly like it is something important, something an AFC would say> "I just wanted to tell you..........thanks for the beer. <smile, project friendliness> It looks like you guys are new in town........."
Spontaneous, easy. I notice you say you do beach pick up. Do you play volleyball down there? If not I definitely recommend it. Hit the ball into a group of girls, run up to retrieve it: "You know, you three (or however many, pick the ones you want, including likely CB's. Work the IMPORTANT group, not the whole group) might as well come challenge us, because we're likely to be hitting the ball into you all day."
Put the target on your team along with at least one of her friends. Great KINO and leadership right away ("Dig for it, go go go!, set!" "Nice play" <high five or playful hug> etc.
This works bang up, and the hotter the girl, the more confident she is in herself, the better. Plus, its beach volleyball with hot chicks. There are worse ways to spend the day.
2. On pre-planned approaches:
a). Do not focus slavishly on the three second rule, focus on the three seconds FROM WHEN SHE NOTICES YOU PAYING ATTENTION TO HER rule. You do not need to run up to women the minute you notice them (unless they see you checking them out, then you do). I will often join groups half heartedly just to pay some attention to targets further down the road. Be involved with your friends while checking them out, use your peripherals. Even a passing observation is enough and often takes less than three seconds anyway. They look bored? Excited? Ready to leave? Tired? Everyone telegraphs SOMETHING, key in on it and go. You don't even have to be right, it is a jumping off point. Practice quickly making observations about people.
b.) Think about something else on approach on non-spontaneous approaches where some anxiety has built up. I personally concentrate on two things:
I. What I will initially say and my nonverbals (eye contact, body language). The "what to say" comes from the initial quick observation. Then I get zen with my body language and attitude. "They look interesting, I'll check them out, but who really gives a fuck?" That kind of thing. Take a deep breath and concentrate on confidence.
II. Paying full attention to what is happening. Remember everybody's names and use them. Read body language. Center the conversation around drawing them in. The bored must be made to have fun, the tired must be stimulated, the target must be made to open up and start talking etc. This takes concentration and allows you to think about where to go next. By paying attention to HBPontiac above I transitioned the conversation about her car by phases into her feelings about life and romantic interests (not thoughts, feelings) in a fifteen minute conversation at the gas pumps. "I hope you call", she said before I left. Most people drift through conversations. The person who pays full attention has an immense advantage.
That is pretty much it. This novel is easily the longest post I've ever made here. It is what works for me, hopefully others may find it useful. Barring that, hopefully it is at least organized and readable for as long as it is.
FOCUS: Jump off the bridge and find a way to make it happen or nothing will change.

Mister E
07-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Ha, I agree great novel inventory.
Once you get a great conversation with a HB you'll definetly feel a rush.
I remember a while back, I was walking to the door of my computer class, and it just happens that this cute cheerleader has a locker next to my class.
I know this chick a lil bit since i had her for a class last year.
Well the bell rings as a warning that we have to get to class, and she walks off. I was just trying some stuff out that I read here, eye contact, smile, the simple stuff.
We'll I notice her and just happen to say Hey!
with this huge ass smile on my face.
She goes Hey! too.
Don't know why but I guess just the fact that she was hot made me feel like I was the Man!
I just felt like wow...that was simple
I just started to smile and say Hey! to everyone.
It gave me a little boost, then the bell rang..so I walked into class feeling like I was the shit.
But yeah I see what your talking about. Back in middle school, I was assigned to seat with one of the most popular kid in school at the time. Football star, ha middle school pimp and all. We'll I knew this guy too, so I wasn't in awe.
Just happens this cheerleader sat in front of our desk with some other chick.
Well blah blah, me and my partner are just messing with the girls and sending them stupid little letters. We'll I happen to write I WUB YOU in one of the notes. And she sees it and is like awww...she thought the other guy wrote it.
He says...na i didnt write it ..it was him.
She was like "EWWW!!"
I was crushed.
I totally thought being sweet would get me the girl ahahaaaha.
But yeah dude, it was a while back but it rolls off your back.
Talking to strangers is fun, you never know what you might have in common if you don't talk to them.
I wrecked on a go-kart waaay back in the day, and thats totally screwed me up.
I want to drive but the whole incident messes me up.
But now just parking the car gives me a hell of a rush.
Even if I'm not doing much, I'm going step by step here.
Now I wanna get my ass behind the wheel.
But thanks you guys, I really needed to read this.
I've met some great people, lost some great people, but I would have never known how great they were if I didn't talk to them you know.
I think I got lost in writing here you guys :D
- I have no idea if what I just wrote is relavent to the whole thread.
:confused:

NewbPUA
07-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone for these wonderful replies. You've caused me to re-evaluate the way I look at approaching and realize that if I plan on succeeding, it's gonna be done through
1) swallowing my pride and
2) taking it one step at a time

inventory0297
07-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks everyone for these wonderful replies. You've caused me to re-evaluate the way I look at approaching and realize that if I plan on succeeding, it's gonna be done through
Did you talk to any women today? That is the only step that matters. If you didn't, commit to talking to at least two tomorrow. If you don't, you must admit you're weak and taking counsel of your fears. That alone should make you indignant enough to get out there.
To illustrate how easy this is................I'm going to pick up some sushi right now. While I'm downtown I'll open at least two groups and report back............

inventory0297
07-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Warning: This is going to be long. I normally don't write FR's because to be specific and helpful is often to be verbose..............perhaps this should be in the FR section, whatever, I already started here. Anyone who clicks on their new posts will see it.
I snapped the chain and have been away from my desk for a couple days. Real life intrudes..........
Alright, so this little deal actually went way further than I thought it would. Here's how it went down:
I get downtown and just like every other Thursday night when the weather's nice, the streets are packed with high quality women. Seriously, anyone who lives in California and feels like they might live in a target poor environment owes it to themselves to check out Santa Barbara. The beautiful women far outnumber any other kind.
Anyway, I get down there early to start pre-drinking (I know, I know) and since I know the crew I'm meeting isn't there yet I decide to fuck with the hostess a little bit (very nice brunette surfer girl, just my type, rating 9).
In a previous post I talked about the importance of paying full attention. This cannot be overstated enough. Most people are open books, you can READ THEM right from the start. If you pay attention. Practice noticing things IMMEDIATELY.
Here is the example of my thought process from the time I saw this girl HBSurfer until I started talking to her (about 2-3 seconds):
1. She's cute. In binary terms of fuckability she is a 1 (on). Therefore I will devote some time to talking to her. Actually, I'm going to pull out all the stops because I want this one. Being a PUA is such fun. :D
2. She is young, 19-21. Therefore she is a college student and probably lives out in IV. She is not a full on rich party girl because she has a job.
3. She has a beach tan with deep lines on her shoulders. Therefore she is a beach junkie. I decide to assume she is a surfer. Making assumptions is powerful, Juggler talks about this and it is definitely true.
4. She has a somewhat weak frame. I easily overpower her with my eyes as I walk up and make her look away. Not challenging me with her stare. She's a sensitive girl, not overly hardened as some are. This doesn't mean she's not a hot girl to be treated as such, just that she can be taken, controlled. Therefore, I have an idea of how to fuck with her.
I notice this stuff before we have any interaction. Being in the habit of noticing people's characteristics gives you immense power, everyone should be working on this. People in the community should know the value of seeing the world as it really is. This is a big part of it. If you get good at this, not only will you recognize other people's unconscious reactions, you will notice and eliminate your own. Then you can add back in the body language that is needed consciously. Powerful people use their faces/BL like actors.
Me: "Hi, the names Reynolds, we had a table for 65." (Anyone who has ever ran or worked in a restaurant knows that is a completely ridiculous number of people, and you prepare and talk about it with the staff beforehand.)
HBSurfer <look of momentary panic, looking through book>: "I............don't.......see anything by that name. We've never had a party that big."
Me <acting bitchy and indignant>: "What!? How could you not have this reservation? It's my great grandfather's birthday!! The whole family's in town!!"
HBSurfer <stammering>: "Sir, I'm sorry........."
<I cut her off and break a joking smile, good conversational tonality and bounce, touch her arm>: "You're so gullible, look at your face right now! The name's actually inventory0297, and my friends aren't here yet. I'll take a seat at the bar."
HBSurfer <punches me in the arm, but smiling>: "Asshole!"
<I give no notice to this comment except for a smirk, and move on. This is going easy, at this point I can already see myself balls deep in her>
Me: "Hey, you should be happy, since I saved you from having to run around pushing tables together and setting a 65 top, tell the bartender to pour me a drink or two. Or nine."
Her: "Fuck that, you and great grandpa can buy your own drinks."
Me: "Alright, I see what the service here is like. He probably doesn't do what you tell him anyway. If you get a spare moment later come chat with us. I want to tell you something."
<walk away to the bar before she can respond>
Note: Guys, if you are ever gaming and you want to release a woman for a while and let her come back (like if she is at work and can't really talk) USE THIS LINE! Just say, "Come find me in a while, I have to tell you something." and walk away cold. It is irresistable to women. They have to know what you're going to say, 9 out of ten they'll re-open you (if you use it right, i.e. at a time when you'll dependably see them again. Don't release people you want but think might not make it back, entrap them and have them stay until you can build enough committment to ensure they'll come back i.e. a timebridge etc. ).
At this point I go to the bar and order a Corona. Five minutes later a blonde 7 sits down next to me and orders same. I get her into a conversation about how some beers are just made for summer, how the World Cup is like swimming, Americans only care every four years etc. I count this as the second opening I was supposed to do but it really was inconsequential. She was a seven and waiting for her boyfriend...................next.
My battery is going dead............we'll have to make this a two part. TBC in the field report section. I'll cross reference the URL here when finished.

inventory0297
07-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Updated LR here:
http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115888#post115888
NewbPUA, have you been approaching people?

Lancelot
07-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Exactly.
An easy way is to believe. Not necessarily in yourself (Although that is always a 100% plus), but in the other PUAs. 95% of the time, what we say is RIGHT, no matter how bizarre it seems.
Fear is a not a RESULT of the possibility of being wrong, Fear IS being wrong. If you think approaching a set is going to be awkward, remember what I just said. Fear IS being wrong. You ARE wrong about the awkwardness. Girls don't overanalyze like you do. They won't pick up on it if you don't give off that "fear of awkwardness" feeling.
Go out and become a safecracker.
Did you know that 89% of safecrackers fear that a safe lock is attached to an alarm?
Honestly, what are the chances that someone would go through the TROUBLE of putting an alarm on a simple safe? 6%? 5%? And yet 89% of safecrackers fear it. Do you know how many of them are wrong about the alarm? ~4%.
That small margin means you WILL get blown out eventually. But what's the chance that this set is that set that will blow you out?
Deal with the Fear and you completely DOMINATE approach anxiety. If you have any questions, NewbPUA, you know how to get ahold of me.