PDA

View Full Version : THEY offer YOU their number, then won't take your call

D_Ball
11-30-2011, 08:49 AM
What is it with Koreans, both male and female, who you meet, spend a few hours with (like on a hike or whatever), and THEY give YOU their number, but then never call, never answer the phone, or answer the phone once, are surprised to hear from you, then never pick up when you call ever again?

What's up with that?

Can anyone explain that? Is there at least a theory?

I went hiking and these other people sort of shared the trail with me. We talked, laughed had a great time - I had made some new friends. Then the one guy said we had to hang out some more and gave me his number - I didn't ask for it. But then I called, he answered the phone ONCE, seemed embarrassed, rushed me off the phone, and then never answered the phone again. I didn't ask for his number, but he gave it to me then wouldn't talk to me - what the fuck?!

BetterThan
11-30-2011, 09:33 AM
It'd be better to spend less time wondering why he doesn't want to be your friend and more time trying to make other friends.

Future
12-14-2011, 05:09 PM
How's your Korean? A lot of times they're embarrassed to try mangled English on you. I've been corresponding with girls I met in Seoul when I was there, and it's like e-mailing an ESL class sometimes.