PDA

View Full Version : Set mindset

DownLo
06-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey guys, I used the search option on here trying to find stuff on being completely "in set" when i initiate the chat. Couldn't find anything. On this piece of audio that i bought, I remember hearing Style say something about being 100% in the moment before he goes into set. However, when i use canned routines it feels a little awkward. Can anybody help me on this and can anyone tell me if this has happened to them? Thnx.

Cape
06-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Just be loosey goosey. Honestly, openers are easy. A1, A2 is wimp easy. A3, C1 are the hard part.
Theres a few treatments for nerves. No cures, just ways to get over it.
1. If you aren't writing your own material, start writing your own material. I got a 10 min bit about why i have my sunglasses positioned on my head, it's stupid, but with the right energy it's funny.
2. Experience the worst case scenario. My fav way: Run up to random people and make a quick comment at about a 14/10 energy level. Stuff like "HOLLYYY SHIT LADY YOUR HAIR IS SO FUCKING SHINEY! WHAT THE FUCK!?" I still do this as a warm up if I have a bad case of nerves.
3. Right before you go in, think "GERRRRONNNIIMMOOO!" it practically forces you in.
4. Use some of the canned tricks if you start to trip. Magic, ESP, Cube, it's all good filler and you can play on the responses.
5. HAVE FUN! This is not work, this is a GAME. Enjoy the conversation, enjoy the company, and just have a good time.

DownLo
06-26-2006, 11:33 AM
hey thanks man. I'll do just that