PDA

View Full Version : A job for you

rangler
06-23-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't post often so when I do start a thread its because I found something that may help all you out a bit.
For you guys going to school and working, one of the best part time jobs you can get to improve your game is a Barista at a good coffee shop. I just started working for *bucks less than a month ago, so this is coming from my own experience.
You are required to open and, if there is time, have a friendly conversation with every customer within 30 seconds of them entering the store. I kid you not, if you have trouble talking to HBs this will help you out a lot, they're always coming in to get coffee. I can already notice my skills at reading body language, opening, tonality, congruency, and framing improve. Also, it has started teaching me how to switch into a social state when I just don't feel like talking much. Its like a step in between the field and reading online.
It's a very social job and teaches skills that will help you at PU not to mention your general social life. Plus at our age, it's a DHV compared to working at a fastfood joint.
Cheers.

PineAppleJesus
06-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Dude that's so true. I wish I could because we a) don't have anything other than TimHortons (I live in Cnada) in my small town. That and I don't think I can work in a coffee shop.

Accent
06-23-2006, 09:14 PM
I should appy for Starbucks lol

rangler
06-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Dude that's so true. I wish I could because we a) don't have anything other than TimHortons (I live in Cnada) in my small town. That and I don't think I can work in a coffee shop.
Awesome, I'm from Canada too eh. I suggest, if you work till, apply the same principle of greeting and having a quick conversation with costumers withing 30 seconds of walking into the store, when possible. If all your town has is a Timmy's I bet local chicks go there.

PineAppleJesus
06-23-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't actually work at the Timmys I work at the NoFrills down the street, or will be, but yeah I totally know what your saying. I'm glad I discovered the community so I can try stuff like that at my new store (Thanks Neil Strauss, and thank you Coles for not having any of the others books I thouhgt I would have prefered in stock).