PDA

View Full Version : Talking slower, more relaxed, but getting interrupted a lot.

Iconoclazt
08-18-2011, 09:23 AM
So lately I've been working on the whole "master of my reality" vibe. Better body language, slower reactions, better tonality, talking a bit slower, taking a second before I respond. Here in lies the problem, I do what I see guys like George Clooney, and successful business men do as far as that goes, but I get interrupted a lot. I've had some success with it too though. Just not sure why it doesn't work when it doesn't.

Lately I've been running into girls that want to dominate the convo, and not let me get a word in edge wise. It happens in 3+ sets too. I feel like just to get the attention, you have to jump in the instant it feels like someone is gonna leave a lul. If I play it cool, and sit back, I'm just not a part of the conversation cause I rarely get to speak. It seems like an either or thing to me, where either you play it cool and hope the conversation comes back to you or you're not and you are aggressive enough to stay in it. Yet I see other people with the presence to pull it off. Frustrating!!

I kinda think part of this is an inner game issue I should have thought about a long time ago. I remember getting shut out of conversations as a kid. Some failed sets the last couple weeks have reminded me of that.

So my questions are: Is this normal when slowing down your speech and BL? Is there something I'm going wrong? You guys run into this?

friedchickensoldier
08-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah that's pretty normal i get that a bit as well. You have to make sure you work on your voice, having a powerful strong voice and projecting it well is needed to stop that happening. Body language also helps, but you have to command attention so people will listen.
Talk when you want to talk, you don't have to wait for a lull in conversation if your voice is strong enough, which it should be, say what you say with conviction, if you say something without being confident people wont pay attention . If you get interrupted when talking then just keep talking and don't stop.

You get better with practice of course.

theyuw
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Its all about people wanting to listen to you. If you are the most interesting and the most assertive you will dominate the conversation.