PDA

View Full Version : I want to get with my ex's best friend....need solid PUA advice

mikey1987
07-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Need some strategy help from the experts here.

I dated a girl for 5 months. She was just finishing her senior year in college and was in a sorority. Through her, I got to meet all her cute friends and what not. I also had a chance to go on a lot of sorority functions. The relationship ended 2 weeks ago when she moved away for a job. It was mutual and I don't think either of us were in love or anything else like that. I'm absolutely fine and don't feel any pain. If anything, my first breakup 2 years ago hurts more.

Anyway, about 4 days before she left (we were still together), I went out to the bars with her and her best friend. Her best friend is pretty cute, and I always made a point to be the one who doesn't let her get away with anything. We've hung out several times. It worked like a charm and eventually it got to the point of where I would say it could be called flirting (although we called it shit talking to eachother).

That night, we ended up really drunk and alone for several minutes. I don't remember exactly what happened but it seemed like something. I only really remember the end of the conversation where she said "I want to hang out with you after (my ex) leaves but I don't even have your number. You're always the one who doesn't let me get away with anything." I said that that problem could be solved and got her number. I texted her that night saying "since you wanted my number here it is" (making sure in case the gf saw, it would mainly fall on her). She responded "OMG" and then send another text "delete this conversation."

The next day, she sends me a text saying that she wanted to apologize for anything that happened last night and wanted to clear the air. I replied that there was nothing to worry about. Since then, we have not seen eachother and there have been no text convos. She left on vacation for a while, and I think she'll be back in a couple of weeks.

So my question is how can I get with her. It seems like she is into me but she is also my ex's best friend. My ex is no longer here so I doubt that there would be a problem about her seeing us together or anything like that. Basically, my only worry is that I don't want to come of as a complete asshole or a creep and ruin my good rep with 100 sorority hbs. Also, I just want to avoid an embarrassing situation for all the parties involved.

Anyway you guys think I should go about this?

Fleezy
07-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Give it some more time. Than after a month or so send her a ping text. Ask her how She has been. Tell her that you've been doing great since the breakup with what's her name.
You just saw a girl that looked exactly like this girl so you were reminded of her. See if she would like to get some drinks. If she bites than you got a shot. If not than move on because she's too worried about the sorority sister flipping out on her. Oh by the way be prepared for your ex to get really pissed cause she will be insanely jealous and will misdirect her anger at you. Just ignore your ex completely if you start getting somewhere with this new girl.