PDA

View Full Version : eye contact - how long?

thahorse
06-17-2006, 11:58 PM
I was sitting across from this hb8 at a table tonight at a party. I know eye contact is important but how long should I hold it for? I held it for awhile and she asked me things like "why havent we ever talked before, I've seen you at other parties?" etc etc other IOI's, so I wasnt sure if I should keep staring into her eyes or what. I held for a long time, but after like 30 seconds i got indecisive and wondered if i should look away or keep staring, so it ended me looking slightly down then back up again. I was also thinking maybe across a table isnt a great position to be in in the first place. any tips on this would help. Thanks!

xerxes
06-18-2006, 02:28 AM
You can end it with a knowing smile. That shows you are confidentand know what's going on.

Alpha Centurion
06-18-2006, 03:40 AM
Don't know exactly what was going on but hell her asking those q's means she's into you...you should've started gaming her....like went over and then back to where u were sitting, but like i said don't really know the situation. Oh yeah, try not to look down. It's like a sign of submission.

godzilla
06-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Idk, man. I think you might be thinking too hard on this one. I'd say whatevers comfortable and confident.

Iceman
06-18-2006, 05:20 PM
The girl held eye contact for 30 seconds? And you didn't approach?
I consider myself lucky if a girl holds eye contact for 10 seconds, because I know I'm in...I can go and approach and she'll be slightly more receptive than a cold approach.
But 30 seconds?
At least you talked to her after the end of it though :)
As for holding eye contact during conversation and other times...you should do whatever comes naturally...when you're talking, you should be quite animated, looking around, gesturing, etc, but once you've finished looking at whatever you were looking at before, bring your gaze back to hers.
And also for more intimate moments, your gaze should be locked to hers at all times...like when you're lying together on a bed or couch facing each other...talking in that low tone reserved for those intimate occasions.