PDA

View Full Version : Whats my next move?

p0ppers23
02-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey! This is my first post here which is pretty sweet. Anyways, let me get to it.

I met this girl at a wedding last Friday and we were hitting it off pretty well. We danced Salsa till like 2am. And as most of you know thats A LOT of touching;) She even slapped my ass once when we were just sitting and talking. She gave me her number and I texted her on Monday, it was her birthday the day after the wedding so I texted "did u have fun at ur birthday?" 45minutes later she txts back "HI:) yes, it was great love, thanks for asking<3" So then I txted her the day after that, it again took her like 30min-an hour to respond. But again it was all flirty and stuff. I wanted to test her reaction so after like fifth text, I said something like "ok,blah blah (insert flirt here) smiley face, Goodnight" then an hour and a half later she's like "awh, u hav to leave?" Then Im like no but again it takes her a while to respond. And its always the same thing, I start the txting, she always seems interested in txting but takes very long to write back.. What do I do? Why is she doing that? Any help is appreciated.

HairyMezican
02-18-2011, 05:09 PM
There are many reasons she could be taking a while to text back: she might not be checking her phone very often; she might be nervous about trying to make a good impression, and spends a while thinking and rethinking her responses; she might be worried that responding too quickly would make her look needy. There really isn't any good way to know what exactly her situation is, but it sounds like she's eager to reply, and always replies positively, so I wouldn't worry about it to much, and treat her as a short fuse. Try to set up another meeting.

p0ppers23
02-18-2011, 07:00 PM
There are many reasons she could be taking a while to text back: she might not be checking her phone very often; she might be nervous about trying to make a good impression, and spends a while thinking and rethinking her responses; she might be worried that responding too quickly would make her look needy. There really isn't any good way to know what exactly her situation is, but it sounds like she's eager to reply, and always replies positively, so I wouldn't worry about it to much, and treat her as a short fuse. Try to set up another meeting.

Thanks, but what do you mean treat her as a short fuse? Also I texted her today at 4pm and still no reply. I think Im just not gonna text her at all until like Tuesday, is that a good idea?

HairyMezican
02-19-2011, 05:09 PM
The term 'short fuse' comes from "The Ultimate Guide to Phone and Text Game" by Braddock. They divide up the types of responses you will get to texting into short fuses, medium fuses, and long fuses.

Short fuses are the ones who are digging you. They almost always reply It's usually best to push for a meetup; if you wait too long, they will cool down and become a medium fuse. Wait until the high point in a conversation, then extend a, "Hey, we should meet up at [place]. [some funny distractor]"

Long fuses are the ones who have no interest in getting to know you. Whether through your lack of game, or external factors you can't control (e.g. she just got a new boyfriend, or she's having work problems), she isn't making any effort to respond to texts. It's best to ping her every couple of weeks to stay on her radar until she becomes a medium or short fuse.

Medium fuses are the ones who haven't decided one way or the other whether you're worth the time to get to know. This is where most text conversations start. Different people respond differently when they are in this phase. Usually it's best to give a "You guys should meet us at [place]", as they are more likely to meet you with some friends with them as a safety net.

Your girl's original responses sound like a short fuse. Perhaps she is a medium fuse. Waiting a few days is good for a medium fuse, as it makes sure you don't look needy. It isn't a good idea for a short fuse, as you risk losing emotional progression, in which case she will most likely find other things/people to become interested in and become a medium fuse. Waiting is always a safe play, though.