PDA

View Full Version : Texting Tip: It's ok to end with ~YourName

Cottage
02-05-2011, 12:05 PM
This just happened to me:

Met a HB8 at a bar before Christmas, brief interaction, build a bit of attraction - got her number then I had to jet. Texted her back and forth a couple of times for about a week before heading for Christmas vacation.

1st week of January, sent a casual attraction text: no response.
2nd week of January, sent the classic "blue whale documentary" text: no response
Yesterday, sent out a situational attraction text and signed it with ~Cottage

1 hour later: "Oh yay it's you! I lost my old phone. How's it goin?"

It could happen to you. The longer you wait to ping, the likely you should put your name at the end. Not all girls will bother with "Who is this?"

Cottage

tallguy
02-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Whats the Blue Whale Documentary? For the record I searched the forum and google with no results.

eveningninja
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Whats the Blue Whale Documentary? For the record I searched the forum and google with no results.

I'd also like to know =P

powerfrank
02-09-2011, 03:19 AM
hahah count me in 2 , never heard of it

Cottage
02-09-2011, 05:13 AM
It's basically just a random amazing fact that makes people go wow. "Did you know the blue whale has a heart the size of a car? I love the discovery channel." or "Did you know the blue whale has veins so large you can swim through them? I love BBC documentaries." etc.

cloutredux
02-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Another good one I found in the similar vein is "Did you know sea otters hold each other hands while sleeping so they dont drift away? Love discovery on lunchbreak."

Cottage
02-10-2011, 06:18 AM
That's a good one for comfort. Or at least after you've had sex with her once.

Another idea: if you need to sexualize, (or if you had already).. try this one:

"Did you know when a snail has an orgasm it lasts 18 hours? Love the discovery channel."

Warning: not field tested, I just came up with it now. (yes, I did research first)

eveningninja
02-12-2011, 12:10 AM
^ Lol, that snail one is pretty funny.