PDA

View Full Version : "This is going to be Fun"

wats111
02-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey newbie here, just thought i'd break the old ice and get my first post out.
Got a date later this week and have been talking/texting a bit, but not so much as to over do it. she just sent one saying this is going to be fun (we're going skating and winner buys hot chocolate or some shit) and I want a c/f sorta response, but can't think of one

spectre trip9
02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
More often than not you need to tailor your responses to the girl you're talking to. For example, you could do some sexual misinterpretation here, like, "Easy there tiger, I only said we were gonna go ice skating," but it might seem incongruent or even a little creepy if you didn't show a sexual vibe with her before, or if she wasn't comfortable/invested enough with you. Still, how well it goes depends on the girl and the situation, so maybe it would work for this one, maybe not. It's your call.

But off the top of my head I came up with a couple:
"Yeah, I dunno if you've ever spent the entire time babysitting someone who can't skate, but it's not all it's cracked up to be :p"
or
"Looking forward to it. By the way, I like having marshmallows in my hot chocolate, so just keep that in mind."

Basically playing off that playful, competitive vibe you've got going on. Maybe you could work with something along those lines.

tallguy
02-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah I like the latter; already bringing out the hoops!

The first is a little to deprecating, but then again it really just depends on your style.