PDA

View Full Version : She broke up via text - what should I do with her?

Ice_Breaker
01-04-2011, 06:19 AM
Hi,

a girl I meet a couple of weeks ago just wrote me, that she met another guy and is not interested anymore. I have talked to her in a bar for about 20 mins and it went good. some romantic touch, but no kiss. she wanted to meet me again for having a drink so she was quite interested. but then came christmas holidays and she didn't have time etc. now it was more than 2 weeks since i have taken her humber

the message was polite and she excused herself for that etc. Basically I don't care much, since I have other fuses ;-)

anyways..what should I do now?

a) forget her and don't write back
b) write something fun about her and then forget her
c) write something, so she contacts me if she doesn't really hook up with the guy she met

I would prefer c) but I have no idea what I should write and if this is even realistic.

cheers,

ice_breaker

DialedIn
01-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Get the ultimate guide to text and phone game and learn about pinging. Put her in the rotation and ping. People are busy during holidays.

Kir Diesel
01-04-2011, 08:03 AM
I would reply with something positive that thats great for her or something and just put her on your facebook and dont contact her... just DHV and continue gaming other girls... Maybe eventually in a couple months when ur game is a bit stronger you can reapproach again.

Ice_Breaker
01-04-2011, 08:53 AM
thanks guys!

I was pinging after I met her so i was suprised it didn't work out..probably she hooked up with someone at new years eve..well I can't blame her - i did the same ;-)

I wrote her a text "Cool, then I don't have to buy an engagement ring. I was about to buy one today ;-) do you have fb?"

Let's see how this works...

shwnd
01-08-2011, 05:59 AM
I would've gone with D) Delete her number.

Alpha Electro
01-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Your text was lame... in the sense that you communicated to her that, indirectly, that you think so highly of her (there is a bit of truth in every joke, and your text was a perfect example of that in the sense that it disclosed your intentions for her). Yes, it was cocky and funny, and it is also not for certain that you would ever want to get engaged to this girl - but it was also completely out of context and obviously showing too much interest.

If I wrote something, I would've written something like this (although I still think that such replies are lame, no matter how "funny" or "backwards constructed" they are):
"Cool. I want to now thank you for all the good times we had, even though we had none... and say that that was the best triple mango/vanilla/strawberry ice cream I've ever shared with a girl. Oh well - all good things eventually come to an end... and this is one of them. :) P.S. What was the name of that ice cream place again? I am thinking of taking my next girlfriend there some day."

Ideally - I would just end it without any bullshit game-playing, and I would just reply with "Cool." and delete her number after that. If she texts me again, I'll reply with "who's this?" and then continue to blow her off indefinitely unless she comes running back and begs for another chance.

jono3
01-08-2011, 08:58 AM
If I wrote something, I would've written something like this (although I still think that such replies are lame, no matter how "funny" or "backwards constructed" they are):
"Cool. I want to now thank you for all the good times we had, even though we had none... and say that that was the best triple mango/vanilla/strawberry ice cream I've ever shared with a girl. Oh well - all good things eventually come to an end... and this is one of them. :) P.S. What was the name of that ice cream place again? I am thinking of taking my next girlfriend there some day."

Ideally - I would just end it without any bullshit game-playing, and I would just reply with "Cool." and delete her number after that. If she texts me again, I'll reply with "who's this?" and then continue to blow her off indefinitely unless she comes running back and begs for another chance.

yeah i think ur 2nd option was MUCH better lol. ur first text suggestion was even more lame than the OPs. urs shows that ur desperate to show her how she didn't mean anything to u and ur moving on, so much so that it shows the complete opposite imo. no need to tell her about other future girls (shows ur hurt) or any of that stuff...just a simple 'no worries, take it ez' would be best. which really shows her it's no big deal, instead of writing a paragraph.

Alpha Electro
01-08-2011, 09:08 AM
The only reason I would say that long paragraph of a reply (similar to the OP's version) - would be if I wanted to mess back with her while plain not giving a care about her reaction or response... because it certainly shows some humor on my part, and that can sometimes be a situation saver and a DHV. But the fact that it shows too much investment and communicates a lot of interest... is still not a good thing, and will probably fail half of the times (which is exactly why I said that I wouldn't use it when I have the second, more powerful option at my disposal).

jono3
01-08-2011, 11:12 AM
^^ cool cool...yeah the only part really i thought made it lame was the PS part at the end. everything else was fairly solid (although not my style). but felt the end part was too try hard. maybe its just my personality. but i absolutely avoid telling girls if they reject me or break up with me etc about another girl or say anything that would insinuate that they didn't mean anything anyway and theres another girl waiting. just seems weak like ur trying to validate urself or boost ur ego and purposely trying to make them jealous.

Nihilist_11
01-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Jono, Alpha electro knows what he is talking about man, I really enjoy reading his posts. Plus I'm sure he has a strong frame and wouldn't send a text like that to boost his ego or something. You are overanalyzing his longer response WAY too much. In the end this stuff is about having a little fun and making life more exciting, and I think that its kind of a funny text. I would still go with the "Cool." but I could see the argument for the first one.

OP - I think its pretty cool this girl gave you the heads up. I've had numerous girls like that, some that I'd even hooked up with a few times, get back together with an ex or something and just not tell me. Then I text them to hang out and they don't respond and I find out about the other guy later and get pissed because I was wasting my time. I wish more chicks were as straight up as this girl was.

DialedIn
01-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Id text her back and say "lol, we all make mistakes" then delete her number. Then when she texts you back no reply. One of three things happens.

1. she marries the guy (good for them)
2. you run into her and say "oh shit hows blah blah blah and basically its a new sarge
3. she texts you after this guy fucks her over/blows it AFC style/moves whatever (high likely-hood). In which case you go "Whos this?" and bam your alpha again.

I would go with NO response but this is the next possibly alphaish thing i can think of. BTW I field tested this cause a girl i was messing around with dropped it on me and i was like "lol, we all make mistakes" and she sent something bitchy back and i deleted it and her number and her facebook, and low and behold two months have gone by this week she texts me. I drop whos this? weve been texting back and forth and now hanging out this weekend... i really love this game!