PDA

View Full Version : Was I too friendly?

cloud2525
12-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Alright, so I'm at this party last night, we show up with a few guys and a few girls. Everything is going great, I talk to everybody, make a good impression, etc. (I knew a decent amount of people there)
So I'm talking to this girl and her friends, and I invite them to sit with me on the couch to play this game that I made up (simple game where we go in a circle telling a story--the person next to you has to tell a story that is crazier than the story before it...within 5 minutes the game always falls apart but it always leads to some very interesting conversation)
So I'm on a couch with 6 girls--3 on each side of me. It's great because every girl sees me surrounded by women, and eventually I'm winning the approval of the girl that I want to hook up with's friends and more and more girls get up off the couch and leave us together. However, the entire time her friends/my friends (I was pissed at them because two of them were very drunk and kept cockblocking the fuck out of me. They would sit down next to us on the couch while we were alone and start drunkedly babling nonsense)
So if one of her friends would come up, I would always invite them to join our game. When we got up to go get drinks, we saw some of her friends and I also invited them to join the game.

Eventually I just end up as "just friends" with her.
I am wondering what I could have done to make this situation better?

My diagnosis is that I was too friendly with her (I jumped to comfort before attraction). Do you guys think so?

Toekzilla
01-01-2011, 03:17 PM
did you escalate?

cloud2525
01-01-2011, 04:40 PM
what do you mean by that? like touching escalation? she kept touching me