PDA

View Full Version : Buying drinks

Wolf
12-14-2005, 03:01 PM
So, I have invited a girl to a really hot club tonight. She has invited her hot twin sister and two other girls. This is a club that even girls cannot usually get into unless they buy bottles.
I know I usually do not buy drinks, but since I am inviting her, should I buy the first round of drinks?
What do you guys think?

ranma187
12-14-2005, 03:03 PM
if she agrees to buy a round as well, i don't see why not!

Maize
12-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I agree, in fact, get the other girls to buy rounds as well.

Wolf
12-14-2005, 03:10 PM
cool. thanks for the advice.
i am not trying to be cheap, but i don't want to buy drinks for three girls i am not going to probably get with. but then again you never know.
i wouldn't mind getting drinks for the girl who i invited out.

Rodzilla
12-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Have her friends buy the 1st round, you buy the second, then the other HB's take turns.

Fader
12-14-2005, 04:08 PM
So, I have invited a girl to a really hot club tonight. She has invited her hot twin sister and two other girls. This is a club that even girls cannot usually get into unless they buy bottles.
I know I usually do not buy drinks, but since I am inviting her, should I buy the first round of drinks?
What do you guys think?
I am from NYC also bro. What club is this?

Crux
12-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Do NOT buy the chick a drink under ANY circumstances. Make HER buy YOU a drink in exchange for your attention. Reply to this post promising me that you will not buy her a drink.
Hey TD!
Like TD said, don't EVER buy a girl a drink, ESPECIALLY if she is the one asking you to buy it.
If she asks you to buy you a drink, you can say, "I don't buy girls drinks, but you can buy me a drink."
TylerDurden, are there any reasonable hoops a PUA could set up where it would be reasonable for the guy to buy the girl a drink? (Perhaps a french kiss, or some other variant)

T-Man
12-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Yea, buying a girl drink is a definite form of compliance. Remember you want to separate yourself most guys, and this is a definite AFC type behavior. So don't do it. So don't buy drinks for women, and your only form of compliance should be is 'No'.
-- T-Man

Husky
12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
TD is not the real TD is he? :rolleyes:

xSimple_Truthx
12-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Do NOT buy the chick a drink under ANY circumstances. Make HER buy YOU a drink in exchange for your attention. Reply to this post promising me that you will not buy her a drink.
ding ding ding

ridick
12-14-2005, 05:06 PM
After what I read about TD in Styles book I'm surprised that Mystery hasn't punch TD square in the head let alone let that guy in here. If you haven't read the Game yet you should.
Ridick

Crux
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Don't let what you read in the book influence your decision to listen to Tyler Durden's advice...

cold
12-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Who knows - it sounds like him, he capitalizes key words the same way he enunciates them. looolllllll

Ender
12-15-2005, 01:18 AM
the really neat thing is, that it doesn't matter if it's the real tyler durden or not, he's still right... don't buy drinks unless you don't plan to play any game that night, because it will lower your social value to the girls your with, the guys your with, and the guys and girls who you're not with at the club

Unique
12-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Listen to Tyler, don't buy her a drink...When you first meet her this is the case...
However, none of this carved in stone or written in blood...
I quote from a TD audio course, "Use your fucking head!"
If a girl has just slept with you, you can buy her a drink when you take her out next, buy her dinner, some shit like that, being a PUA does require you acting arrogant and cocky, but unpredictable romance also works, its all about being spontaneous...There's a difference between being cocky/funny and being a tight ass.
Unique

mr_brightside
12-15-2005, 02:47 AM
I ALWAYS make sure they buy me a drink BEFORE I buy them a drink. Let me tell you a story:
One night I was out with my friend and he left early, met a chick from work in the club and she told me to stay. Kiss closed her pal but then decided to leave anyway so I didn't seem clingy. Just as I was about to leave, I saw a 9 standing right in front of me. I looked her up and down, making it obvious. Her friend noticed and asked if I liked what I saw. I said "Hold up, I'm not done looking" (Thanks to David D for that one). Her friend told me the 9 was shy but I should definitely talk to her. I said I was about to leave as I had no money left. The friend said she would buy ME a drink if I would talk to the 9. So I did. I talked a little. Kissed closed, # closed... Was all good. Then I asked her if she wanted a drink cause I was getting one. She said "I thought you had no money!?" I said I did, I just didn't want to break a tenner (£10 note) for 1 drink! lol
She slapped my arm then followed me to the bar and kissed me on the cheek!
Ok, so I shouldn't have bought her a drink then but her friend had already bought me one which is the point I'm making here!
Your friend, mr_brightside

El Gallo
12-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Haven't tried this because I'm new to the game. But would it be to bad to respond to the, "Buy me a drink." with:
Her: Buy me a drink.
Me: I'll tell you what, you by me a drink and I'll let you sit here and talk to me for 10 mins. In fact for every drink you buy me you get another 10 mins.
And would I say that with a smile?

Unique
12-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Haven't tried this because I'm new to the game. But would it be to bad to respond to the, "Buy me a drink." with:
Her: Buy me a drink.
Me: I'll tell you what, you by me a drink and I'll let you sit here and talk to me for 10 mins. In fact for every drink you buy me you get another 10 mins.
And would I say that with a smile?
If you didn't say it with a smile, you'd be sent packing...
Hey,
Be cocky funny, and maybe ask her,
"What makes you think i should buy you a drink over all these other pretty ladies?"
"Tell me an interesting story and then maybe you'd be that lucky."
"I would have bought you a drink if you hadn't spat on me when asking."
(This one would bring the bitch off her fucking high horse.)
LAUGH, "Oh,... you were serious,... i thought it was your first time here and you'd had too much to drink already."
Neg the gold digger stupid, make her qualify herself to you, then don't buy her a drink anyway... If you do this right, she'll probably become interested in you,
Unique

Fader
12-15-2005, 07:49 AM
If you didn't say it with a smile, you'd be sent packing...
"Tell me an interesting story and then maybe you'd be that lucky."
"I would have bought you a drink if you hadn't spat on me when asking."
(This one would bring the bitch off her fucking high horse.)
LAUGH, "Oh,... you were serious,... i thought it was your first time here and you'd had too much to drink already."
Unique
The 1st one is making her jump into your hoop
I think the 2nd one is fucking excellent and am going to add that to my material (though if you dont say it with a smile and you come off to harsh it's over right there)
The 3rd one is pretty funny also.
I, personally, would try to take back control of the frame and say something like; if this is how you usually go about picking up hot guys you might want to go home and rethink your strategy.
Much like the 2nd line the outcome is going to depend alot on your delivery (body language & tone)

Bigben
12-15-2005, 08:52 AM
anyone can be anyone here, even though mystery and style have not yet posted here, maybe tyler is real. So here comes the question... is Project Hollywood a reality?

IceDragon
12-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Buying a drink for a girl you don't know is suppication. No ifs or buts. I was talking to this girl in a club last week, and she pointed to her empty glass and said 'my drink's finished'. I said 'you're right.' She said 'well, if you want me to stay and talk, you should buy me another one'. I said 'I don't buy drinks for girls I don't know, so I guess I'll see you later then'. I turned away, but she grabbed me and apologised. I number closed her after ten minutes.
On another occassion, a girl tried to kiss me, while we were standing at a bar. I said 'hey, don't touch me'. She just looked at me. Then she said 'um, can I buy you a drink?.
Girls buying guys drinks is a sign of respect.

mr_brightside
12-15-2005, 05:54 PM
I was out a few weeks ago with a group of friends on a Friday night, in a club called Corinthian. Anyway, this stunning older women (HB9) walked up to me, looked me up and down and smiled. I thought I was in luck.
This was our interaction:
Me: Hey
Her: Hey... I have a problem.
(I start to get suspicious)
I was sitting at the table over there and someone took all my drinks away
Me: So?
I knew she wanted me to buy her drinks, so I walked away from her, to the other side of my group. She then started talking to my friends.
Next night, I was meeting one of my wing men from the community, Raj, and meeting another for the first time, silversurfer (with his friends in tow).
Silversurfer asked me if I was in the Corinthian the night before. I told him I was and he said "Unbelievable. I told the guys last night, you had great game. I was watching that girl all night and she was trying that on everyone. The way you blew her out was unreal"
It was amazing to social proof like that.
My point is, don't buy drinks for women. not unless they've bought drinks for you first
Your friend, mr_brightside

Lothario
12-16-2005, 04:47 PM
My ways:
(If I just met her)
As soon as I hear her asking me to buy her a drink, my hand flies up to my face to wipe away imaginary spit.
ME: "Ew. You just spat on me.... Now what were you saying?"
(Now it goes either option 1) :
HER: "Oh. I'm so sorry."
ME: "Nevermind the appology. Whatever you said, just don't say it ever again. That's enough spit flying at me for one night."
(Or option 2) :
ME: "Now what were you saying? It sounded like you were asking for something."
HER: "I was asking you to buy me a drink."
ME (laughing): "First you spit on me, then you ask me to buy you a drink. Does that technique work on ALL the guys? If I ever have a daughter, remind me not to send her to whatever charm school you just graduated from."
(Switch subjects)
Or try my(not as part of the spit manuever):
"Top 5 reasons why I should buy you a drink. (look down at your watch) 30 seconds. Ready? Go for it"
Either she won't have a reason, and you can say "So even YOU know there's absolutely no reason why I should buy you a drink?"
Or she'll list some reason which will be her form of DHV, which you can then totally neg her on.
As for Wolf's situation above, if you got them into an exclusive club, they OWE you drinks. So prior to entering say "You know, ladies, this is an exclusive club. Usually even girls can't get in unless they buy drinks. But being who I am, I'm getting all of you in.... You can thank me by buying me beer."
~DeVill

mr_brightside
12-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Lothario, those are some good techniques! I'm gonna have to borrow them!
mr_brightside

porky
12-17-2005, 12:49 PM
a while ago I was in a club...this HB9 walks up to me and says please buy me a drink...I say no and she starts holding my hand pulling me begging me (this was before I knew anything about 'the game' I was a real AFC back then) eventually I got her a drink and she just pissed off and I have never seen her again:(
next time....ill make her pay me back with interest:)
soo whats the morale of the story?
***DO NOT UNDER ANYCIRCUMSTANCES EVER EVER BUY A CHIK A DRINK***
Tuero-

Solkanar
12-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Dude honestly buying chicks drinks is an absolute no no. I've talked to girls about this and asked them what they think of guys that buy them drinks. "Probably some insecure guy who thinks he can buy his was into my pants" is a popular answer. In The Game, DD seminars, and Mystery Method it strictly forbids this act of heresy

Lothario
12-17-2005, 10:21 PM
(She comes up asking me to buy her a drink)
ME: "You know, if you're gonna try to use your looks to scam a guy into buying you a drink, you should at least hold his hand, or hug him, or maybe even sit on his lap. I mean where's your sweetness? Getting just a little physical with a guy will usually help you to con that free drink out of him"
(She smiles and gets physical with me)
ME (giving her a suspicious look): "Whoa there! Tell you what. Buy me a beer and I won't scream sexual harassment."

Hysteria
12-17-2005, 10:33 PM
This thread is chock-full of hilarious techniques that just sound AWESOME!!! And the thing is, I don't even drink!!! She can buy me a Coke, though... no problemo. :D
I've never had success with this, though. A girl will ask me to buy her a drink, and I'll respond with the usual, "No, I don't buy girls drinks, but you can buy ME one," but they won't do it. No problem... I'll read this topic again and internalize some of these great lines. :D
Many thanks, gentlemen!!! :D

obie
12-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Interesting. This thread has some good ideas about controlling bad behavior.
1) The neg "wow you spit on me...what were you saying"
2) C/F misinterpretation "do you always say that to guys you're attracted to?"
3) Frame stealing. Actually I just had this idea.
"Yeah, It would be great if you bought me a drink." You can follow with #1 if needed.
btw I don't know what Style's book says, but TD is brilliant.

Gypsy
12-18-2005, 01:01 PM
This not buying chicks drinks thing I totally get. However, it gets a bit more interesting here in the UK where everybody buys rounds of drinks pretty much as a matter of course. e.g. if you're with a set, mixed or otherwise, it's pretty much form to take your turn. Doesn't mean you're trying to pick anyone up.
Not buying your round is social death here regardless of the situation and you're going to look bad if you don't do it.
Tactics here gentlemen? Or does this rule just apply to one on one (or two) situations?

MinDFreeZ
12-18-2005, 01:30 PM
well since you've already had drinks bought for you, that's fine.. it's a different situation then trying to demonstrate value (or really just be different) to the girl.

Solkanar
12-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes in the UK BUY THE ROUNDS! I'm english so I do understand the importance of this. Avoid buying drinks for a particular women, like, "Hey, I'm going to buy YOU a drink." BAD, just a free drink for her and -3 quid for you.

jonnysmooth
12-18-2005, 02:34 PM
dont think so- all the origional game players on mystery's lounge got to reserve their names earlier than we did- their logins show that they joined in november...
read this in another post, think it was how old is this forum by porky...
love to be proven wrong tho...
later
JonnySmooth

jonnysmooth
12-18-2005, 02:39 PM
ok, really tired and didnt notice that there was more than one page on this thread, so was replying to the question, is this the real tylerdurden...
also- mr briteside- hey im also in glasgow too, where, besides the corinthian do you usually go sarging?
later
JonnySmooth

mr_brightside
12-18-2005, 04:21 PM
I go to lots of places, Tiger Tiger, Viper, Belo etc... My email is marcotiero@yahoo.co.uk Get in touch man

Gypsy
12-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey Jonny Smooth and Mr Brightside. Any suggestions for where to head in Edinburgh? -Haven't been living here that long. Also happy to hook up sometime in Glasgow. I work over there quite a bit as well.

Lothario
12-19-2005, 06:49 AM
3) Frame stealing. Actually I just had this idea.
"Yeah, It would be great if you bought me a drink." You can follow with #1 if needed.
LOL. I like that. Especially in a loud club.
"Baby, I can barely hear you, but YES, it would be great if you bought me a drink. Thanks for offering."
As for buying everyone a round, what I do is buy pitchers of beer for everyone to share. No need to buy each person an individual drink. Just order the pitchers and tell everyone at your table to grab a cup and join you.
~DeVill

Reason
01-06-2006, 07:51 PM
cool. thanks for the advice.
i am not trying to be cheap, but i don't want to buy drinks for three girls i am not going to probably get with. but then again you never know.
i wouldn't mind getting drinks for the girl who i invited out.
I ran into this EXACT situation last night.
What happened was the AMOG, who was your typical buff, crazy drunk type issured a challenge to me to buy three girls drinks (one of which was the target) after he had just bought them drinks. I flat out refused and stated I don't buy drinks for people and I completely c&b'ed.
It was a good learning in experience though, but I'm curious: what do you do to appear socially dominant (which I mostly had been fighting for with the AMOG up until that point) when the AMOG suggests that you should buy drinks for the girls without pissing the ladies off?
It seems if you give in, you'll appear weaker and lose points to the AMOG.
Any advice???

Masters
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
ouch...
I haven't experienced this.
How about..
You: "Alright, you buy her and her *point to the two targets or target/second hottest girl* drinks and I'll buy her *obstacle* whatever her heart desires."? This is totally made up and untested.

I ran into this EXACT situation last night.
What happened was the AMOG, who was your typical buff, crazy drunk type issured a challenge to me to buy three girls drinks (one of which was the target) after he had just bought them drinks. I flat out refused and stated I don't buy drinks for people and I completely c&b'ed.
It was a good learning in experience though, but I'm curious: what do you do to appear socially dominant (which I mostly had been fighting for with the AMOG up until that point) when the AMOG suggests that you should buy drinks for the girls without pissing the ladies off?
It seems if you give in, you'll appear weaker and lose points to the AMOG.
Any advice???

Dragon
01-06-2006, 09:35 PM
HAHA, as many replies this thread has it doesn't give a general rule on if we should buy drinks or not. My rule of thumb is I'll get em to buy it, then next time we go out I'll do the same, we take turns. I'll point out too, that if someone asks me for a drink I'll tell em I don't buy drinks for chicks that I just met ( this happens in a mall-strange no?:P). Since I hear alot of guys in masf, go "YOUR FUCKING INSANE MAN! BUYING A DRINK FOR A CHICK!" haha. Honestly, taking turns I think is fine but if your paying all the time I would put my foot down, vice versa on a chick since if you think about it, annoy the hell of em you being golddigger. Don't confuse this with being the prize though.