PDA

View Full Version : Reactionary Smiling

Chamberz
06-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Here's something that I've noticed a lot, it might just be a lack of reaction time in my head. But often times when I glance over to someone they will give this immediate split second smile. It's almost instinctual and it still takes me that fraction of a sec to throw a smile back and disorients my frame a bit in surprise.
Anyone have any expirience with this phenomena?

TooMuch
06-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Juggler talks about this...
He says that if you smile AFTER noticing that someone is looking at you... You're trying hard...
How to smile Before?? ---> ALWAYS keep a smile on your face, not try-hard like a robot, but do it. It's actualy what Mystery does and advicate as an Alpha man caracteristic..

Malibu
06-09-2006, 12:17 AM
I disagree with the above....i think the question is refering to a polite smile....alot of people do this because it is hardwired to be polite and throw a casual smile...i see it all the time...i wouldnt worry about it though.....i agree thatas juggler says, keep a smile on your face all the time....but if somene smiles to be polite....there is nothing wrong with smiling back ....just keep your head up and keep walking straight....dont sway from your direction.

imonfire
06-09-2006, 05:15 AM
I'm a polite smiler. I smile at most people. I'm going to start saying hi to increase my friendliness factor, too.
I make a point of not smiling at desperate looking men, though, in case they think it's okay to come over and bug the sht out of me.