PDA

View Full Version : Defriending on FBook. AFC move?

mrparadize
12-19-2010, 09:13 PM
So i drunkinly removed this girl i was dating from facebook. I was pissed because i got stood up. Im not trying to salvage anything here. But, what are the thoughts on Defriending a girl thats flakey,cold,cheats,LJBFs u? What do you think goes on in the girls mind when she realizes it. My personal opinion is that it has a degree of immaturity, but it lets her know that YOU have made the choice to cut her out of your world.

RabidMouse
12-19-2010, 09:15 PM
yea, AFC. you shouldn't act like it was a big deal and punish her by holding contact until she initiates. Otherwise move on.

Bearing
12-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Don't do it. Not even for pickup sake, in life don't burn bridges. On the pickup side, you should have just kept her on there and not shown it bothered you she stood you up.

mrparadize
12-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Yes i agree.

Im just not used to girls going cold/being cunts like this one. I guess i must be a closure junkie, i can accept a LJBF line, but this is the first time ive been ignored/given a big runaround while dating a girl. Guess it threw me off a bit, turned a little AFC. But my question was more as a general rule, which you guys answered.

Ok no to do a little bit of damage control. I did this drunkinly as a way to cure my one-its and cut her off completely. I erased her phone number and as mentioned, defriended her.

Would it be a good idea to shoot her an fbook message and give her an aliby?

something like "Hey my ex got into my fbook page and defriended some girls, you happen to be one of them"?? Any idea on what i should say? or should i just leave it as a burned bridge and learn from this mistake..

Thanks guys.

Dvf
12-20-2010, 10:52 AM
She will probably be like, "why did you delete me??" and so on... I don't think its an AFC move at all, its actually pretty alpha. your saying, I don't care about being your friend anymore because I can get better then you.

opster
12-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Recently deleted a chick from fb/phone as she was giving me a bit of a run around. Within a week she got back to me added me on fb, and f-closed her the same night.

Situation might be slightly diff as she had a bf, split with him and got with me.

*she is now back with him which is a result, as she was batshit crazy*

Moof
12-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Interesting more thoughts, i would agree it shows that you dont give a fuck anymore.

jono3
12-20-2010, 12:36 PM
screw the afc sh-t...delete a girl if u need to delete her. who cares what she thinks of u for doing it....u obviously deleted her for a solid reason. ie. she disrespected u badly and u won't tolerate ppl like that in ur life.

DO NOT send her any msgs calling her out on her behaviour and telling her ur defriending her, IMO that would show AFC behaviour...but simply defriending her? no. she will have to reach out to you and apologize to your liking in order for u to consider adding her back into your life. just don't flip flop (ie. add her back like ur thinking if she disrespected you badly and hasn't given a genuine apology/is very remorseful)

msxmgd
12-20-2010, 02:38 PM
i wouldn't delete her...
chances are 80% of your fb friends aren't real friends anyways.

who knows? maybe in a year she'll remember you.

JIron
12-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Who cares. Some chick deleted me because I didn't want a relationship. That is a high school move to be honest though.

Rdawg
12-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Uneccessary move, I don't think it's needed in any case(sometimes It would be considered AFC, other times it would be considered "badass" but it all depends on the frame)

I wouldn't personally do it either way, IMO it makes you look like a baby but some girls might like it in a weird way.

Wonderboi
12-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Dude fuck that shit, do what ever you want. Some chick added me a little while ago and she was easily HB9. I was like " Fuck!! She is too hot for me not to remember not fooling around with. She must of heard of me somewhere." I accept and I go straight to a message convo.

Me: Hey, have we met before?

Three days go by and she doesn't reply

I go back to the message and send this
Me: ???

Wait another three days and no reply
Deleted that chick. That night coincidently, she goes to the same club I go to and we finally introduce each other. She goes on to say yea I added you on facebook blah blah blah blah. It hits me and I tell her I deleted her because my facebook is personal and my real friends can only see it. She got hella defensive and gave me 20 different reasons why she didn't respond.

Its a huge weapon if used correctly. If not used correctly, don't give her a reason why you deleted her, it will jus make you look bad. And oh yea, don't initiate contact, let her do it. That will be your first IOI