PDA

View Full Version : "The unique world of Cold Reading" Part 1

Adanos
12-09-2010, 03:03 AM
A first introduction on Cold reading(What is it?)

Cold reading is a series of techniques used by mentalists, illusionists, and con artists to determine or express details about another person, often in order to convince them that the reader knows much more about a subject than they actually do.

Without prior knowledge of a person, a practiced cold reader can still quickly obtain a great deal of information about the subject by analyzing the person's body language, age, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc.

Cold readers commonly employ high probability guesses about the subject, quickly picking up on signals from their subjects as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not, and then emphasizing and reinforcing any chance connections the subjects acknowledge while quickly moving on from missed guesses.

Fortunately,we all have it inside us.Its something like Social intuition,commonly found in women who highly exersize it during their whole lives.
Unfortunately,it is something subconcious that requires intelligence,deception,and perception.

I will share with you a quick story as example;2 days before,i was in a lab in the university,where we were having a break.I was inside (I finished smoking),and awaited the instructor(Female) to examine one of our exercizes.Some girls were fooling with the instructor,about what kind of man she wants.At a point,i heared her say "Whatever you want girls,just dont include mother-in-law in the package".
I quickly glance her fingers (Searching for a ring) and i saw one.Since women tend to wear regardless their status(Reffering to whether she is merried) and there was one.So i tell her;So you were merried,and you divorsed,is that right?.
Her;No,i wasnt merried,i was engaged and we broke up.(she looked surprized,pinning her gaze on me).

Its a great way to qualify yourself,that gives the possibility to qualify/disqualify the target (I use it on men too).In some ocasions,you can bypass the bitch shields,and resistances,while it can be used as a high-risk opening.

Generaly is a golden tool for all of your works.At start you might be wrong,later on you find ways to amaze everyone