PDA

View Full Version : How do you get into "pick up mode?"

jayman
06-07-2006, 03:38 AM
I find it a lot easier to open sets when I'm in a hyper and talkative mood, but for the most part I'm really a quiet guy. Is there anything you guys do to warm up to get yourself into "pick up mode?" Maybe start chatting up a few UG sets before approaching sets with a target?

godzilla
06-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm really quiet usually too. Things that help me get talkitive and sociable are listening to music, talking with friends/people I'm comfortable around beforehand, and doing positive visualizations. Listening to comedy/standup (my favorite is Dane Cook) also helps. I'd really be interested in hearing some of the other ways people get themselves ready to pick up.

TheChaos
06-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I find it a lot easier to open sets when I'm in a hyper and talkative mood, but for the most part I'm really a quiet guy. Is there anything you guys do to warm up to get yourself into "pick up mode?" Maybe start chatting up a few UG sets before approaching sets with a target?
Alchool helps, but not enough to get you drunk, just a bit high. You'll start getting the deal when high and start cutting it until you're not drinking (well, a juice or a coke is welcome) anything that will get you in this mood.
Just use it to LEARN how to get in this mode, don't do it much, you don't want being high when attracting a HB and then you're shy when out with her again. It's just a process to learn how to get in Sarge Mode.
And remember, i say JUST A LITTLE alchool, what means not much to get you drunk and without your own conscience but enough to get you on the mode. You know that mode when people usually can't notice yet that you're that high? That's what i mean.

Satyre
06-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Alchool helps, but not enough to get you drunk, just a bit high.
An apple martini helps me liven up a bit:cool:

NightPUA
06-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Alchohol?
I hope your kidding man.
The way I get in state is I go out, and do 3 warm-up sets, Mystery advocates this as well. I like to Open---> Eject. After the 3 warm up sets, I'll be in massive PUA mode.
Also don't wait to long to find your next warm up set, or you'll start getting analytical and you'll talk yourself out of it.
You want to approach and when that set blows up, you want to be in the next set as soon as possible. This way you build momentum.
Cheers,
*N

Tallboy
06-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Alcohol is a horrible idea.
I drink a lot and used to think the same thing. But if your drinking to get buzzed before you do an approach your not playing the game right. If that's what you do, your just like every other guy that's at that bar that has little to no natural game.
If acohol did work that effectively there wouldn't be a community.

TheChaos
06-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Alcohol is a horrible idea.
I drink a lot and used to think the same thing. But if your drinking to get buzzed before you do an approach your not playing the game right. If that's what you do, your just like every other guy that's at that bar that has little to no natural game.
If acohol did work that effectively there wouldn't be a community.
Depends on the person.
Some people's mood are boosted and they get really energetic with a bit of alchool and their game is great. Using alchool in diminishing doses will help them to get into pick-up mode better.
Other people go the opposite with alchool, they get depressed or talk a looot of BS. In this case, don't even think about drinking, it will disturb your game and booch it...
It's like I say: works for me, works for some people just to get int he mode. Then you should warm up (doing for example what mystery said: go to 3 sets and eject fast), then you start.
Also, when i say to get alchool, it's not to get buzzed. It's JUST a LITTLE BIT of it, enough to get you a bit High. We don't want a drunk sarger...

Je Suis Le Roi
06-12-2006, 06:31 AM
Alcohol can help in the beginning, to help lower inhibition slightly. It helps get you into a little zone of confidence. But it's like training wheels, you'll look like a prick if you rely on them too heavily.

storeslem
06-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Alcohol is great, but then again im from Norway. Here, what makes a night a success or failure, for both men and women, is getting so wasted you wake up somewhere else than in your own bed. Did I mention we are the place in the world with most one-night stands?
Obviously if you want to follow the mystery method to the letter you cant get roaring drunk, but a handful pints of beer shouldn't matter.

Nox
06-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Alcohol is not an option IMO. Here's why: You depend on something.
The idea is not to depend on anything AND STILL be able to pick up the hottest girl in the room.
Do warm up sets, with 7's or 8's. Mixed sets are a lot better for warm up purposes. I you do all-girl sets you'll come off as a player. Besides, you'll have the other guys helping you out while you bust the target's balls. You get some laughs and you go to the next one. Do 3 of these ones and then go for the prize.

Gogo
07-09-2006, 03:37 PM
To get inta the mode i usualy just listen
2 music or talk 2 my friends or get them
to bet me money that i cant go over
and hit up that set it usualy gets me
goin pretty good pretty much anything
2 get stoked or jsut think bout the rewards
yur gonna get if you succeed the rewards
mostly outway the penaltys :cool: