PDA

View Full Version : Never revealing too much information

BlindingLT
06-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I've noticed that most naturals and PUAs don't reveal much information and are pretty ambiguous in a lot of ways. As an example, when I call up my buddy and ask him what's up, I always get an answer like "you know, up to no good" or "plotting to take over the world", etc.
I always answer the same question by telling the person exactly what i'm doing. Maybe that's a bad example but I think you guys get the point. My question is, what's the psychology behind never revealing too much? I can see how it would create mystery and do a lot positive things for you, but i'm having a hard time emulating it because I don't know what frame it's rooted in. Hope that makes sense..

Vital
06-04-2006, 04:02 PM
i would assume its that you dont want to waste your precious time (which could be used messing around with girls that have proved themselves to you) with people who you dont know that well or girls who you just met that 'aren't worthy' so to speak.
the problem I HAVE is that i feel like if i dont reveal enough, they will lose interest or something. i know they wont, but its like a gut reaction, so i always tend to say too much. i have to learn how not to do that.

Fean
06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
I've allways done it. Even before I started reading about PUA and stuff. Anyways I do it, because it's just booring to ask "what you up to" or something. So I make something playfull out of it and use some imagination. And make the answer different each time will make people want to talk to you.
That's my philosophi.
And btw: when you talk to someone, ask a question, and you come there and answer it in details like a girl ask you. "What've you done lately..?" You go through everyday as it has.. It get booring after 1 sentence of that shit. You have asked someone that question and they tell you everything they have done? Well, if someone ask me what I've done today for example. I can go with:
"I've woke at 2pm, then I went to the shower, then I went and ate some bread with cheese on, and then I went out and hang out with my friend we where talking, then we started to play some music. Then another friend came and played with us blablabla.." <--- BOORING
It's like listen to the teachers at school man!!
Anyways sometimes give a little away if you know what I mean. And make it fun. Allways be fun. Music makes me fun, so I just think of cool songs then I just go wild.
I have a crazy mind..
Like when me and my friend where in denmark last summer. We saw this old man on his cycle (spelled?) and "cycled" down the road. We both had long hair and where skinny, so we could've looked like girls from distance. We looked at eachother, we tought the same, we started to "whisle" at the old man.... he didn't hear it, we did it again. HE STOPPED :eek: . Saw back on us, and WAITED for us. He started to flirt and watch us. I looked at my friend and told him, if the old man didn't start cycling when we walk up to him, I'll hit him. We where like 10m away when he noticed we where two guys! He jumped on his bike and cycled as hell down the road.. haha Hillarious!!!
Just had to tell that :P
Anyways back to the topic.
My point is, don't be booring. Girls don't want you to tell her your lifestory. Be mysteryus, I am and many others are. But don't be creepy mysterious. Be more like "who's that guy, he's so sweet". "I want to talk to that guy, I bet he's cool".
Anyways, if you're like me, things pop into your head all the time. Funny stuff. You can make a girl laugh without saying anything called bodylanguage :D .. (wandering off topic again sorry..).
geez, I'm out
-fean

BlindingLT
06-04-2006, 05:42 PM
i would assume its that you dont want to waste your precious time (which could be used messing around with girls that have proved themselves to you) with people who you dont know that well or girls who you just met that 'aren't worthy' so to speak.
the problem I HAVE is that i feel like if i dont reveal enough, they will lose interest or something. i know they wont, but its like a gut reaction, so i always tend to say too much. i have to learn how not to do that.
Yeah I know what you mean. I guess what i'm talking about is what belief it stems from, i.e. you can emulate good body language, disinterested behavior, etc., but if you HAVE the beliefs of a natural, these things just follow. Sort of "faking it" vs. "making it".
So i'm wondering what the belief is that leads some people to be naturally mysterious and unrevealing. Since i'm trying to bring out the natural in me, i'd rather work on internalizing that belief instead of just faking it all the time.
You're probably right though, i'm sure it has something to do with being the prize and making others work to get to know you better.

copasetic
06-04-2006, 06:03 PM
I get what you are saying, and I do it all the time. Its the whole cat and string theory. You do have to be carefull tho because there is a point it loses the mystery and looks insecure.