PDA

View Full Version : On or Off

TheConfusion
06-02-2006, 09:39 PM
hey guys i was wondering if you had the same problem at one time and how to fix it. Im either on or completely off. Some days i wake up and im amazing with the girls i talk to everyone, and then other days im total crap i cant talk to people and i have nothing to say. there tends to be more bad days then good thought i think it has somthing to do with getting in the mood.
Please Help me Thanks

Accent
06-02-2006, 09:47 PM
what exactly you need help with? mood swings are allright, everyone have em at some point, why worry?

TheConfusion
06-02-2006, 10:04 PM
that could be it but im not sure its just like a bad start, how do you get into the right mindset

legonz
06-02-2006, 10:12 PM
that could be it but im not sure its just like a bad start, how do you get into the right mindset
Basically, you feel like a insecure schoolgirl going through puberty, eh? Force yourself to be more social every morning. Talk to everyone, male or female. Game the world. Oh yeah, spend a week away from your computer and see what happens to your social skills.

Satyre
06-03-2006, 03:19 PM
You need to have the frame that those off days are the other peoples fault. I'm not saying don't try to improve on your skill set, but you need to believe that you are the most likeable/interesting person they will ever meet. DO not let any form of rejection or a lack of outcome effect you....ever.

TheConfusion
06-03-2006, 04:47 PM
thanks for that tip satyre. I try not to let it affect me but somtimes it just does. Do you or anyone else know of any material for staying in this frame and not letting others affect you

Satyre
06-03-2006, 08:40 PM
thanks for that tip satyre. I try not to let it affect me but somtimes it just does. Do you or anyone else know of any material for staying in this frame and not letting others affect you
There are some NLP tips that are supposed to 'place' you in that frame. I have not used these first hand, however, I just concentrate on my frame in every set and every interaction. Trust me, it will get stronger.
The NLP tactic you might want to try is physiological anchoring:
Everytime you feel confident, do the same physical movement. For example, every time you're having sex, flick your ear. In time, flicking your ear will cause you to relive your confident state. Now this will take time and effort so you'll need to experiment on yourself and create your own tools.
Good Luck,
Satyre

godzilla
06-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I get those too, where some days you don't feel like being social at all. Usually it's because I'm not getting enough sleep or I'm overworked. I just accept that not every day I'm going to feel 100% at the top of my game. But if you just need to get pumped up, you can try listening to music or meditating or something.

Luminosity
06-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Before I discovered the community and began improving myself I was maybe at a two in social skills. At my best a four. Basically every day was different. Three would be normal but on the day I woke up a four I considered myself happy. Now I'd say I fluctuate between 5 and 7. Even at my worst, I am nowhere close to what I was before.
The point is just keep improving yourself and make it so a "bad day" for you is still pretty damn good and head and shoulders above the AFCs.