PDA

View Full Version : Killer Opener

RevMojo
06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
I started using this opener about 2 years ago and have never failed to get good results from it. Although it can be used on your target, I recommend using it on another female in the target's group. It involves a simple card trick with a natural segue into a DHV story. The card trick can be bought at any magic store for about $10(US). Here is how it goes :
I walk up to a female in my target's group and ask her if she believes in premonitions. It doesn't matter what she says. I then tell her that I had the most amazing dream two nights earlier when staying at the such-and such hotel in such-and-such city, and that I am almost certain she was in it (try to make your story as detailed as possible, details are the mark of a good con). I tell her how in the dream I am playing cards and she is standing beside me and whispers in my ear and tells me what the next card to drawn is. Sure enough, she's right, the next card drawn is the card she whispered.
I then tell the girl (in real life, not the dream) that the dream was so strange because it was so real. In fact I tell her, it was so real I immediately got up and marked the card in a deck I had on my on my night stand. I then ask her if she remembers the card she whispered to me. Again it doesn't really matter what she says. I ask her to name the card or name a card. When she does, I pull a deck of cards from my coat pocket open it up and spread it out. There is one card turned backward in the deck. I have her pull it out and it is her card. It's always her card, that's the trick your $10 bought you.
Of course my true target and everyone in her group loves it and is intrigued. I am now a part of their group. About 1/3 of the time someone will ask if I always keep a deck of cards on my night stand, or if I always carry a deck of cards around in my pocket. This is my segue. I respond that I do because I'm training to be in the world series of poker. Then I tell my poker story which laced with DHVs. (I'm not really training to be in the World Series of Poker)

DoubleXX
06-02-2006, 12:24 PM
sounds like a good one.

Danny
06-02-2006, 01:32 PM
How does the magic card work??

ProblemChild
06-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Danny,
Don't ask, and I won't lie to you. If you want to buy it, it's called the Invisible Deck, and can be bought at several stores, including PenguinMagic.com.

Wick Burnem
06-03-2006, 10:37 AM
RevMojo - that routine sounds awesome! I'll be adding this to my arsenal.

pyrobot
06-03-2006, 02:34 PM
If you don't want to know, don't read this-
The invisible deck is a special deck composed of cards that have smooth fronts and rough/sticky backs. The deck is arranged with back to back pairs of spade/diamond and club/heart combinations that all add up to 13 except kings which are paired to another king (eg. Ace spades w/ Q. diamonds). This way, when you spread the deck from either orientation (flipping deck over) only face cards are showing because the backs of the cards are stuck together. But when somebody tells you their card, you exert extra force while fanning on the card it's paired with while sprading so her card's back is exposed (eg. she says 5 clubs, you pull/push the 8 hearts off of her card so its back is exposed). Then you pull the only face down card out and it's magically hers.

ProblemChild
06-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Pyrobot,
That's not even how it works (BTW, I sent a hitman to your house for trying to expose the secret).
Edit: Ooh, 69th post. My lucky number. ;)

Jedii
06-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Sounds alright