PDA

View Full Version : Getting woman to call back (Need help with it).

Confidence
05-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Two different woman that I want to get in touch with. I've texted them both. One I asked if she was free on two certain days the other I asked what days she has free (Meet her at school and she works too so I don't know when she's free).
I texted them around noon today (Monday). It's closer to midnight now and neither have responded. I'm thinking I'll give them a call in about two days and talk to them as if nothing happened. What's your thoughts on that?

Satyre
05-29-2006, 09:10 PM
This has been posted on alot here. Use the search button. It was discussed very well in the OAP too. Suscribe to it. But anyway,
Present something to do, don't just ask if they're available. That's desperation. Try this:
" Hey, I'm going to _________, you could come along if you want"

Confidence
05-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Your right I know I shouldn't be posting something like that however what if that doesn't work? What if I tell them I'm going some place and no response. I would assume nexting them.

Fresno Smooth
05-29-2006, 09:24 PM
I dont like texting
I can say 100x more in a one minute phone call
it will cost the same and talking not to mention it kind of creates a bond with the person on the other end
I just find texting impersonal and somewhat cold, they dont have to respond
yes its low risk but so is email
a phone number to me is to call
a email is to write
texting is like a grey area
call them in a few days and see whats up
accuse them both of having broken thumbs and not being able to respond
then make them guilty and say that your spending money to text them and expect a text/phone call back
if they argue about that tell them its the principle of the thing!

bad_religion_au
05-29-2006, 09:38 PM
like fresno, i hate texting.
not only does a 1 minute conversation build comfort and rapport... it also makes it harder for them to dodge the question.

Sirducer
05-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Two different woman that I want to get in touch with. I've texted them both. One I asked if she was free on two certain days the other I asked what days she has free (Meet her at school and she works too so I don't know when she's free).
I texted them around noon today (Monday). It's closer to midnight now and neither have responded. I'm thinking I'll give them a call in about two days and talk to them as if nothing happened. What's your thoughts on that?
Instead of texting, call them. And instead of trying to get them out ASAP, spend some time on the phone gaming and vibing... whats the rush?

Confidence
05-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Instead of texting, call them. And instead of trying to get them out ASAP, spend some time on the phone gaming and vibing... whats the rush?
It's funny that you say that because as I try to implement aspects of the game into myself I find that I forget all the things I used to do when ever I was successful with woman. I hadn't thought of that before thank's for reminding me. Ugh I have to remember that one of a PUA's best skills is that of Patience

Sy
05-30-2006, 01:13 AM
I dont like texting
I can say 100x more in a one minute phone call
it will cost the same and talking not to mention it kind of creates a bond with the person on the other end
I just find texting impersonal and somewhat cold, they dont have to respond
yes its low risk but so is email
a phone number to me is to call
a email is to write
texting is like a grey area
call them in a few days and see whats up
accuse them both of having broken thumbs and not being able to respond
then make them guilty and say that your spending money to text them and expect a text/phone call back
if they argue about that tell them its the principle of the thing!
Fresno, I think you have to remember the culture difference. IN the UK txting is one of the primary method sof communication, even within families. Its just plain normal. I like a text as a quick "Hi" to test the waters and then I'll ring, or get them to ring from the txt. It depends on the girl, but a txt gives them a few hours to respond to look busy. Wheras not answering a phone call which was in their bag in a loud bar makes them look rude, but probably wasn't the case.

Scotty
05-30-2006, 02:21 AM
Fresno, I think you have to remember the culture difference. IN the UK txting is one of the primary method sof communication, even within families. Its just plain normal. I like a text as a quick "Hi" to test the waters and then I'll ring, or get them to ring from the txt. It depends on the girl, but a txt gives them a few hours to respond to look busy. Wheras not answering a phone call which was in their bag in a loud bar makes them look rude, but probably wasn't the case.
As a fellow Brit I only partially with this one. However the uk culture is definetly to text message. I know many people that won't pick up the phone because they panic and would rather text.
A text message gives them time to think - this can also be a bad thing. I have lost interest before because she has had too much time to think, or she is getting her friends to look at the message before replying. I got cockblocked once - a girl was totally in to me and her friend was reading the messages saying things in her ear like "Oh my god he wants you to chase him" and "He's a bit full of himself".
I think any method of non-face to face communication has it's flaws, but I must admit texting is easy and it's safe. Phoning requires balls. (Women know this).
I like using *Poke* or *Nudge* as a text message... good results so far.
I personally like Will's "It was alright to meet you" :p
I think text can be fine... but you need to follow it with a phone call to get some Tone into the conversation.