PDA

View Full Version : Text messaging

MA822888
05-26-2006, 02:19 PM
we need to come up with some guidelines for texting women after getting their numbers... if any one has any suggestions please leave some input

svt
05-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Text messages can be useful, girls love em. Its a nice take away when you dont respond to, its like flaking but not lol. Ill make some guidlines later but for now i got this little tid bit.
One instance where i used texting efficiently was back when i set up my old ltr (first one). We banged the week before and she kept asking me if we were going out or not and i kept avoiding it. I finally did the marrige routine but only after raising her insecurties about being a good kisser (dont ask why/how it was a stupid unintentional move). Basically after the marrige routine i forgot to tell her what a good kisser she was and i went out of town right after. She texted me a few hours later and i ignored her text and said something along the lines of "hey! i forgot to mention before i left that all i could think of when i was kissing you was "extraordinary" " She seemed overjoyed and when i got back in town we fuked like rabbits (heavy lmr though :confused: )
Anyways its like e-cards, we couldnt care less but tm's are chick crack.

TimothyExpress
05-26-2006, 05:22 PM
It is nice because it is a good way to DHV with a cute line or something, but it's like leaving myspace comments because its not showing TOO much interest, almost like a tease. Sometimes they are not reliable, I know Sprint isnt consistent and lots of my messages never get recieved.

socializer
05-28-2006, 04:44 AM
I don't know how I feel about text messaging. It's asewome for light flirting and such but as for arranging a meeting or whatever I'd go with a phone call. Furthermore, It's easy to take a comment or sentence the wrong way in a text message because you don't know the tone in which it was written.

Destiny
05-29-2006, 04:59 AM
Quick Guidelinez. feel free to add -
1. Be flirty but not needy
2. be carefull neging ( alwayz use ;) or :p )
3. don't reply straight away. bite your time.
4. be short and brief. don't over explain thingz.
5. make it fun for both.

Phython
05-29-2006, 05:43 AM
look dude, i belive you're getting too dependant of the forum, but if you want:
1. keep it short, straight to the point
2. don't neg, but don't fluff either, no "sweet talk", keep the language like bussiness language
3. don't ask questions, invite yourself, just say "we're meeting <there> at <hour>, take care"
always keep it simple
your friend
PHYTHON

aleXXX
05-29-2006, 04:45 PM
yeah man ur right texts are beautiful. you can respond if you want to but if you dont respond it doesnt automatically look like youre avoiding the girl. ahh i love technology. cause if you ignore a phone call, youre screwed.

Iceman
05-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Everything thats already been said
Plus,
Don't use slang. Like "u" instead of "you", or "2" instead of "too" or "to", etc, you know what I mean.
Don't do it.

aleXXX
05-29-2006, 07:58 PM
uhmm sorry i said "ur" once. biggggggggggggg deal.

bad_religion_au
05-29-2006, 09:46 PM
yeah man ur right texts are beautiful. you can respond if you want to but if you dont respond it doesnt automatically look like youre avoiding the girl. ahh i love technology. cause if you ignore a phone call, youre screwed.
i've ignored phone calls with great success

uhmm sorry i said "ur" once. biggggggggggggg deal.
he meant in the text itself not in your reply

eFlow
05-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Everything thats already been said
Plus,
Don't use slang. Like "u" instead of "you", or "2" instead of "too" or "to", etc, you know what I mean.
Don't do it.
I disagree...so does Mystery...
what difference does it make

Phython
05-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Look, I think you guys are taking a long walk where there's no need to go
when you ignore a HB's calls and Text messages, you imply "I have a life and don't really have time for dealing with your self-invented traumas"
And if you recall, that's one of the alpha males caracteristics
Now, you have to watch out, not to ignore to much, because, you'll pass from being atractive, to down right mean, and that's not what we're after for
it's easy, keep the inpredictibility coming, one day return her call - text message and the other day don't, and neg her for calling - texting you too much
THAT would keep her on the edge of her chair
we'll talk later

imonfire
05-30-2006, 08:22 AM
I disagree...so does Mystery...
what difference does it make
I think it's childish to use slang. I hate it when guys do it. The only exceptions, in my case, are brb (because you're in a hurry) and WTF? because sometimes it's rude to spell out fuck.

Iceman
05-30-2006, 05:24 PM
are sometimes exceptions. But I mean think about it, if you get a message from a girl that is so heavy on slang like "hi how r u sx w eshud ge t2ge ther"
...it doesn't make you think she's an intelligent and rounded human being, does it?
And Alex, yes, I was referring to slang in the text message, not in your post.

sPoNtAnE
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
For the younger readers,
I always txt girls... bc it's straightforward, and i can txt them all the same thing... Ex: yesterday i txted 6 girls with, "Whatever ur doin stop, think of me right now, GO... ok u can finish wut u were doing now" And they all thought it was hilarious, cocky, and cute. Sometimes I txt a girl right after we meet, with something simple and if she txts bac immediately that's an IOI, and a possible instant date.
But then there's too much txting where u barely talk on the phone and it's kind of hard to make date txting, but i've f-closed a HB7 just from txting, we talked literally on the phone for 15 minutes total. But if you grow accustomed to it with someone, they feel uncomfortable talking on the phone cuz it gets kinda weird... Ive experienced both ends
So my rules would be:
1. Keep it straight to the point with light humor, i rhyme words
2. Txt multiple ppl the same thing, multiple responses gives u a quick boost of feeling important
3. Dnt do it for a prolong period
4. If ur seeing where ur girls are going 4 the night, make sure u mention ur plans so u don't look like ur just trying to find something to do... Ur more so weighing options
5. Be cocky, it's easier to be cocky texting showing confidence, then it translates to verbal communication
6. Don't give complements through texting, only negs
7. Don't text for permission to call like to see if they're not busy
8. Let some time pass b4 responding so u look busy
I use txting to show that I'm too busy to talk, but not to busy to give u a little attention. Just my OPINION