PDA

View Full Version : Social skills questions!

Illuminator
05-14-2006, 07:07 AM
One of my key concerns is simply my social skills. I've already started to slowly yet steadily incorporate some of the things i'm picking up from the PUA community like more kino and stuff, but frankly i need to work on my social skills. Now when talking to a girl what are good topics to work with?? Thing is i know about the whole "feminine opinion" thing, but i was wondering for a more casual outing. Like at a party where it's more of a group of friends rather than anything. I generally try to pick up on anything and just conversate from there, but i wanna know what works cause a lot of the time it's just lame convo. I'm horrible at conversations at times and sometimes say absolutely idiotic things (not rude or anything, just pointless or non-sensical) and then start to worry about what i said as i continue to conversate so that only leads to more confusion. Any tips???
ALSO!!!! Huge question, again aside from sargin in a club, or even when sargin in a club, is there ever a second chance?? Say you said something absolutely stupid to a girl one time, and the next time you wanna try to talk to her again, will she generally still have that last encounter ingrained into her memory, or do you have a chance to open set and try things again?? Is it a "now or never" or "if you fail try again" mentality?

Vital
05-14-2006, 07:26 AM
One of my key concerns is simply my social skills. I've already started to slowly yet steadily incorporate some of the things i'm picking up from the PUA community like more kino and stuff, but frankly i need to work on my social skills. Now when talking to a girl what are good topics to work with?? Thing is i know about the whole "feminine opinion" thing, but i was wondering for a more casual outing. Like at a party where it's more of a group of friends rather than anything. I generally try to pick up on anything and just conversate from there, but i wanna know what works cause a lot of the time it's just lame convo. I'm horrible at conversations at times and sometimes say absolutely idiotic things (not rude or anything, just pointless or non-sensical) and then start to worry about what i said as i continue to conversate so that only leads to more confusion. Any tips???
ALSO!!!! Huge question, again aside from sargin in a club, or even when sargin in a club, is there ever a second chance?? Say you said something absolutely stupid to a girl one time, and the next time you wanna try to talk to her again, will she generally still have that last encounter ingrained into her memory, or do you have a chance to open set and try things again?? Is it a "now or never" or "if you fail try again" mentality?
to the second question, if shes interested in you she wont have it engrained in your memory. Try and remember the last stupid thing YOU heard from someone.. you probably can't. People dont really care that much, try again and pretend like nothing happened. if what you said was really stupid, and she does still remember, try and turn it into a joke and move on. give it a 2nd chance.
To the first part, i dont have great advice because i'm working on it too, but generally I just tell stories with whatever they are talking about, and i make them laugh. i have stories for a lot of things, even if they are slightly random. i'm not good with gossip (people magazine type stuff) so i have NO idea what to talk about there. mainly whatever they are talking about expand on, and if it reminds you of something, talk about that, but involve the group. the other key thing is.. to keep going.
sometimes ill say something thats weird at first, and if i stopped talking because i see their "what..?" reaction, and thought "oh boy i should shut up now"... well youll look weird, but then if i continue with it, people jump in and are like "OHH YAH!" and start talking about it.