PDA

View Full Version : How to NEVER stall out.

layers
05-12-2006, 09:25 AM
I believe I got this from the jlaix archives and it is so effective I thought I would share with you guys.
I like to open girls and then just riff for a while on whatever i can think of, but if I stall out then I throw in a routine. Well, sometimes my mind blanks out and I can't think of any routines when I'm in a set.
The best way I have found to get past this is to make up code names for my routines and send myself a text message of the words. That way, when i start to stall out I can just pull out my phone mid-set and check my text message. The HBs never catch on, because it looks like I'm checking the time or someone is trying to call me or something (slight DHV)
Also, I like to remind myself of things that I need to do during the sarge, so I store this info in my phone as well.
My latest text message looks like this:
talk slow. bl. mirror. neg./
pony. horse. ice cream. powerpuff. shy. direct. blond./
adventurous. bad. love. predator. white room./
EV. artist. nlp
try it out!

Sovereign
05-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Layers,
I would actually reccomend against this. If you become dependent on 'cheat sheets' you'll always be dependent on them.
If the newbie mission is run successfully, then you will get blown out many times, you will stall and you will forget shit, but over time it will stick with you and soon it will flow naturally. If you keep looking at your phone it will never come naturally for you.

Harlequin
05-12-2006, 09:54 AM
A cheat sheet is like having stablizers... you abandon them when you can ride alone... or ride a girl for that matter. Rodeo Position anyone?
This will still help those who like stablizers though. If you were to produce a cheet sheet candidly & make it ironic it could be pretty funny & this is the only way Mystery ever used them. It's all performance.

Maz
05-12-2006, 10:00 AM
I agree with manipulator. When i first ever went out i put some stuff down in a text message.. i rarely read it though. I focused on one bit at a time. So i'd focus on opening with one opener untill it was in the can i could recite whenever i wanted. Then once i could successfully open i'd focus on holding the conversation. Now i had one opener down i could focus on learning a new opener so i had a couple up my sleeve.
I'd do this for other things like strawberry fields, however im still not 'that advanced' with it all yet and my main focus is on maintaing the conversation and staying in the set.
I seem to memorize lyrics to songs easily so memorizing openers never seemed that taxing it was just a case of reciting it over and over. Then practicing it in the field because you have that added pressure of everyones eyes on you.
I find its better to focus on perfecting or improving one or two things at a time, that way its easier to remember rather than trying to remember openers, routines, DHV stories, etc etc.. it becomes too much and you forget it anyway.
So for example now, im getting to the point where im comfortable holding the set, so now i need to start learning some new stuff to practice that.

layers
05-12-2006, 10:52 AM
If the newbie mission is run successfully, then you will get blown out many times, you will stall and you will forget shit, but over time it will stick with you and soon it will flow naturally. If you keep looking at your phone it will never come naturally for you.
Actually, you just hit the nail on the head.
Even at this early stage, I am too outcome dependant. It's almost like I feel GUILTY when I stall out, because I feel as if the girls were having fun with me and I let them down by running out of things to say. I am still at the stage where rejection hurts a little bit, and I need to get over that.
I'm going to start concentrating on learning one new thing until I get it down, that way it will be internalized and I won't forget it in the future.
thanks for the advice.