PDA

View Full Version : Broaching a touchy subject...

Big Business
12-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey BB. Quick question for you: how do you raise the topic of weed with girls and then suggest smoking up together with the girl? So far, I only ever mention it on dates, never in bars while picking them up; girls never mention that they do it. And once I do mention it, it just seems to lower my value by a fair amount.

First of all, most of the women that I’ve had experience with would view this as a positive trait, but that’s besides the point. In the event that you do meet a girl who is into the same retarded shit as you, that’s rapport building, and also giving you an opening for another date (should you wish to continue the relationship).

There are a few different ways to deal with qualities you have that may or may not be best to reveal. It is a conundrum that I am very well versed with. Myself, I play the occasional video game, have read a fair amount of comic books, and have seen far too many movies on the IMAX screen opening night (never in costume though. Losers…).

A) Ping for a response before actually admitting anything. If you bring things up in the third person with a neutral tone, you can generally suss out how people feel about things.

“My friend Tom loves getting high. He was out of work for awhile, so just for shits and giggles he went into this job interview high as a kite, and he landed the job. Bizarre, right? You get high?”

B) Own your guilty pleasures. One thing I do not bend on is how amazing I consider the TV show “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” to be. Feel free to make fun of me all you want, there is nothing you can say, no amount of peer pressure you can apply that will make me betray my feelings towards Joss Whedon (creator of the show). This might not be the manliest thing to be into, but so long as you own it and are proud of it then you can actually use these things to build attraction.

“I know it might sound retarded, but one of my favorite shows is “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” I know! Intimidating, aren’t I? Honestly, it’s like crack, it is such a well written show. Feel free to make fun of me for it, I’ll still think it’s a great show.”

Best case scenario, they love it too. Worst case scenario, you showcase social calibration by recognizing its retardedness and confidence that you can reveal something silly about yourself and are comfortable that the woman will not walk away.

C) Adopt a strong selector frame. This is something you should have going on as part of your inner game regardless. Basically, you showcase your guilty pleasures as being deal breakers (you can play this jokingly or realistically, though the latter is more high risk). People need to live up to your standards, and if they don’t then you will walk away (maybe).

“You’ve fucking hilarious. You and I are going to be best friends so long as you thought J.J. Abrams “Star Trek” movie was amazing.”

“Are you conservative? Listen, if you don’t think gays should be able to marry then this conversation is over.”

The most important thing to remember as you try these out (and really at any point in the seduction) is that you can basically get away with anything so long as you don’t flinch when they react to it.