PDA

View Full Version : "To be yourself is all that you can do"

Divine
05-10-2006, 01:24 AM
"to be yourself is all that you can do" is my favorite song from audioslave. dont have it? get it. but what that has to do with this forum is this:
humans are social biengs, craving to interact with other humans. this bond is even more so when the contact is between opposite sexes. natural instincts have already gotten you most of the way to picking up a girl, all you now gotta do is push it the rest of the way. what im saying is, i believe the whole methods and all that is just so tasteless... being yourself is unique ya know? everyone has that insecure feeling before going up to a girl, yet thats normal. embrace that feeling, dont fight it (yet dont allow it to restrict you from speaking to woman). using all these methods may yes, get you laid with at a more reliable rate yet, where is the fun? where is the life, the character, the you in the equation? this method crap is just the easy way out, and life's natural patterns will show you that taking the easy way always leads to a bad result. nothing is better for you than hard work and yes, approaching women is hard, yet if not for the challenge, where the fun? sex is great but accomplishment is trully so much more...

october
05-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Be your best self, not your current self. Afterall, being stuck in you own ways and not trying to change and improve yourself is worse than... 'tasteless'.
The method is, for many people, a route to their best selves. Yes natural game and social interactions may be more desirable, but once you have internalised the method, the method will be natural.
You sound like you'd like Juggler's material.

Divine
05-11-2006, 05:01 AM
hmm, well i havn't read to many posts here. mostly my knowledge about the whole pick up artist thing came from the book "the game" and plus a few posts here. the book was entertaining, yet the pick ups just felt so fake (not that they didnt happen but..) it is true that some people are more insecure than others and i guess i cant really tell people how to act since thank god im quite confident and i dont have a problem (i say thank god because its not like i did anything to earn such a gift). i can say that confidence is deffinetly the number one prerequisite to picking up women so anyway that you can boost your confidence and self esteem, i guess do it.

Kid-A
05-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Divine, I don't really know why you are posting here. I guess that you're interest was 'piqued' by 'The Game' and perhaps you'd like to believe it but there is some reason you don't, from your post is sounds like either moral issues or ego issues (Cold read over teh intraweb!).
For me the evidence to show me that MM works is simply the observations I've made through life. The number of times I've seen girls go for friends who are busting them/ignoring them is all I need to see. If I was you I'd at the very least begin to observer the interactions that happen around you and you'll see all the evidence you need.
MM explains this behaviour and shows how to use it to your advantage.
Although confidence is important it's not everything. If it was, then surely just going up to girls would be all that is needed.
As for MM being 'tasteless' I personally think the theoretical basis is pretty elegant. Although it is somewhat ironic that you dislike MM but named your thread after someone else's song, couldn't you come up with your own title? Or do you just have double standards when it comes to using other people's work?

porky
05-11-2006, 09:13 AM
dude....you have to ask what is MM?
its to help guys who Dont have confidence and are socially uniquiped to attract a woman.
them being "themselves" if they stay their current selves they will never change....
mystery says "fake it till u make it" and I agree with him....as soon as these guys start getting the chiks their confidence will go up and their social "equipment" will be internalised and it will no longer be "faked" mystery doesent say fake it forever...it goes "fake it till you MAKE IT"

Ryan
05-12-2006, 06:32 AM
What is self?

Sy
05-12-2006, 03:25 PM
It's like an elf but with with a wiggly bit.

open_view
05-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Bottom line devine, you dont like whats on offer then leave. This place is purposely made to help us win back the social advantage with in ourselves no one esle, you learn new things everyday in life which ultimately change your persona and the way you live. Your likes and dislikes change as you grow older for you to became better at those things you use new ways and methods to do it. I like cars so i did a four year apprenticeship to be a mechanic, i also love women so im going to study everything i can to help me improve the way i am as a person to increase the chances of me getting more women. Its a big circle it really does matter if you like it or not, jump on the ride or dont totally up to you. Your thoughts are appreciated more you think so speak your mind cause there will always be someone there to debate it!
peace

TimothyExpress
05-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Q-pid, good point hehe.
The self is transparent, impermanent, and ever-changing. It is empty in nature, it has no inherent reality, this is why 1. Never feel it is "your" fault, who's?
The idea behind your quote is good though, considering that when people don't try to be themselves and act otherwise, it is ungenuine, unattractive, and downright UGLY