PDA

View Full Version : Going to prom, making it fun.

Mayo
05-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Prom is in a month or so, and I'm trying to decide to either take my date to dinner and the prom alone or with a group of friends. I want things to be very fun and comfortable.
Mayo

hick
05-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Same situation man, but I'm currently gaming a few girls as potential dates. I'm thinking go on your lonesome, talk to everyone, danc with everyone, be the life and soul... and maybe run soem game if theres enough talent? Just have fun. Everyone I've talked to admits prom aint all it's cracked up to be. :D

CrashTest
05-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Hey bro, take my advice, do not, I repeat, DO NOT go alone! You are not a girl who can stand around you and your friends' purses while dancing to Sandstorm. If you dont have a date find one of the girls in your school who is quite cute and ask her, (knowing she doesnt have a date). Find a cute way to do it, for example I drew a really bad portrait of my date to prom in the style of Napolian Dynamite and she loved it, even though she was MISS teen South Dakota. No matter who the girl is she will be getting desperate for a date as the Prom gets closer.
If you have a date pick her up in your or a nice car, dont use a limo its just not cool. It may seem all romantic and crap but trust me, you might be wanting privacy after the dance and a limo with other people in it cant provide any privacy. I would recommend picking her up then taking her to meet HER friends. Youll have plenty of time at the dance to chill with your boys. Remember tonight is about HER not you, thats why you and her folks foot the bill. At dinner be the life of the party, she will feel your value by the way girls talk in the bathroom and the attention you'll get. "Tommy is soooooo funny, that cube thing he did to you was awesome. I wish my date was that cool! Youre so lucky!" Play it right and some awkward uncomfortable lovin may be in your future.

Mayo
05-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Play it right and some awkward uncomfortable lovin may be in your future.
...?
Prom should be about having a great time, without the expectation of having sex. That predisposes you for an awkward failure. Now then...
Yeah, so I've had my date lined up for a couple weeks. We still need to develop more comfort before the prom itself, just so that thinks are more comfortable.
She is from outside my school, and will not know anyone else at the prom. I was planning on taking her out to dinner at this intimate restaurant in Seattle called Chez Shea, which is super nice. Then we would head to the prom, and have a great time.
The plan was to go to dinner with just the two of us. This has pros & cons, because it is a romantic and intimate setting, but it is not as high-energy and interesting as a group would be. I'm having my good friend who is a college student be our chauffer, using my nice vehicle.
Should I try and recruit some other couples to join us, at more causal dining location? I want to AVOID ACKWARDNESS with my date at ALL COSTS!
Since getting into the game, my skills are surely improving. My main sticking point is being a strong conversationalist. I want to eventually, with developed calibration, move away from the canned stuff and just be able to BE INTERESTING. This is my biggest challenge.
I want to hear some ideas, first about whether I should go with a group or just my date, and also about how to improve conversation skills.
Peace,
Mayo

Iceman
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
for example I drew a really bad portrait of my date to prom in the style of Napolian Dynamite and she loved it, even though she was MISS teen South Dakota.
Actually, her being Miss Teen South Dakota was WHY she loved it so much more than a less attractive girl would...
No girl who is that hot is going to have guys do ballsy stuff like what you did...its fresh and interesting and intriguing.

Hawkish
05-09-2006, 06:21 PM
...?
Prom should be about having a great time, without the expectation of having sex. That predisposes you for an awkward failure. Now then...

Prom is about sex. you cannot get around that with all your rationalizing, or whatever, it is that makes you think prom is just suppose to be having a great time. What makes prom unforgettable is having sex, and parting until morning with your buddies. If you are not getting drunk off your ass, and jumping into pools at the after party, then you should be getting laid, hopefully doing both.

Jack_Daniels
05-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Mayo, Don't fuck up like I did. I took a girl who I didn't know too well to prom this year and the times I had seen her last I was drunk. Really drunk. I remembered her being funny and attractive. Turns out she is obnoxious and beat. Prom was awkward as all hell, and before afterparty we got down to some good drinking at a friends house: I consumed 14 drinks (champagne, gin, cognac) in 30 minutes. I ended up passing out on the bathroom floor of a restaurant NEXT TO the after party for an hour plus, I never even made it in.
My suggestion is unless there is a perfect date for you bring a good girl friend who is hot. Have the understanding that when the afterparty begins you are going to go have fun - without her. Prom will be fun because this girl is a friend of yours and when you walk into the afterparty its instant social proof because yougot her on your arm, (afterparties here are almost always at clubs) and you can just apply MM and go from there. You might want to even walk around for awhile, doing lots of kino with your date so everyone sees you, then let her walk away. I break the PUA rule of not drinking every weekend (Hence my name) but I'm never getting that drunk again, especially not if i want to be functional enough to run game. You probably won't get laid with this plan but if you run tight game (or the girls in your town are easy :)) you can leave with several more K-closes and #-closes under your belt and have an awesome evening in general filled with champagne, friends, limos and girls. (also, if shes a really good friend, you don't have to pay for her ticket or anything :), which is definetly a plus)

Pharaoh
06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Ok i just need some advice, I asked a HB 8.5 to prom. I have allways talked to her, i hang out with her friends, but is it too late to make somting happen on prom night. Ex getting lucky/ sexual relalsionship. She allways talks how she wants to fuck my older boss, but noting has happned. How can a use the advantage of prom?