PDA

View Full Version : Need opener advice

Balthazar
05-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Ok so I can't field test this one multiple times because it is situation specific.
Here's the deal. HB9.5 who goes to the gym at the same time I do. Like all HBs at the gym, she wears a major bitch shield, not wanting to be approached by anyone. I figure this requires some hard core negging. Because she's employed by the gym as a part time trainer, she has her photo posted along with a description of her credentials. Currently she has very fair skin, but when the photo was taken she had the most incredibly dark tan. I've come up with the following and I want to know if it needs tweaking. All I want to do is open, prove that I'm confident and funny, and walk away. This is the gym, people are there to work out and leave. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to start a conversation. Of course later I will try to stack threads, build comfort etc.
Me: Question.
HB: Ok.
Me: Do you have a sister who's Peurto Rican?
HB: What?
Me: Well I'm trying to figure something out. There's this picture of a girl in the hallway, she looks a little like you but I think she's Puero Rican, do you know anything about that?
HB: Rolls her eyes and smiles
Me: Adios
This has the benefit of providing good material for the next time I see her. All I need to do is say things like "Hola" or "Hello seniorita."

Iceman
05-06-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm trying to start a conversation.
Actually, yes you do.
This is the attitude you want to have:
"I'm a social creature, I'm here for my workout, but I'm going to enjoy myself to the full while I'm here. You look like you could be entertaining. CONVERSATION ME"

Balthazar
05-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Ok well I want to guage her reaction before I proceed with comfort. I'm a newbie so I don't feel comfortable doing this instantly. I want to make an appearence, leave, analyze and proceed. But, regardless, is this a good opener?

ware_ru
05-06-2006, 11:35 AM
run the newbie mission then come back here