PDA

View Full Version : what to do next.. adivce

slickdank
09-27-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll keep in brief and would like some general advice. I met this girl randomly at school last monday. We became friends on facebook.. exchanged several long messages (lots of ioi's) with each other for a few days. This is the 2nd to last msg i sent:

"Well Alexandra based on what I understand I know I can help you find some friends around campus and not just from the computer section of the Library. I'd like to set up a meeting to go over your life goals and how we can attain them as. Should that interview go well we will be able to assess if my friendship is right for you or not and if your friendship is right for me ok? Now I'm semi booked up this week but I can pencil you in for _______. How is that for you?"

her response: "_______ seems to work for me. "

I left my number. A day passed without any contact.
I ran into her at school again on Thursday and we talked for about 20 minutes and hit it off. About 2 hours later she texted me "Hey! I don't know why I didn't give you my number in person but here it is". We texted again playfully for the next few hours.

Then the next contact was today, talking about the football games (Shes a huge Jets Fan and i'm a huge Giants fan).. She's a very direct person but she was definetly flirty in the texts .. My question is, in order to set up a date do you think I'd need to call her and talk for a little while before i ask her out or would a creative text message do the job? Thanks

gr8t100
09-27-2009, 04:57 PM
As a general rule, I never propose a date to a girl via text message, it shows no back bone. A woman wants a leader and someone who is alpha, which translates into you calling her up and having her pick up.

Clearly she gave you her number for a reason, might as well put it to full use. If and when you do call, I would use some callback humor and mention upcoming plans you have going on the following week. Make it appear that she is merely a guest in your world full of fun events and constant happenings rather then pausing everything in your life in order to get a date from her. This way regardless of whatever she say's, it doesn't prevent you from still going on with your life.

Good luck and go for it.

slickdank
09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
As a general rule, I never propose a date to a girl via text message, it shows no back bone. A woman wants a leader and someone who is alpha, which translates into you calling her up and having her pick up.

Clearly she gave you her number for a reason, might as well put it to full use. If and when you do call, I would use some callback humor and mention upcoming plans you have going on the following week. Make it appear that she is merely a guest in your world full of fun events and constant happenings rather then pausing everything in your life in order to get a date from her. This way regardless of whatever she say's, it doesn't prevent you from still going on with your life.

Good luck and go for it.
good advice, ill try that.