PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Montreal ~~ Need some tips!

Slang5061
09-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey guys, I need some help planning my stay in Montreal, specifically which neighborhood to stay, some good spots to day game and club/bars. I'll be visiting from NYC from October 6th - 12th. I want to do some light sight seeing, day game and party every night.

Some specifics - It seems downtown is the place to be. Should I stay close to Rue Crescent or Rue St denis (cheaper)? How about partying at Latin Quarters to a non-French speaking person? I prefer lounges over bars and clubs... any cool places to check out?

And of course, if anyone wants to join me any day or time you are most welcome. I'm 26 so I prefer someone in 20s or up.

Thanks in advance!

Hawtin
09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
St Laurent street is the only place to go. Supper clubs like Buonanotte, Globe and Med are all great places, trendy crowd, upscale place and great vibe. Ive been around and im not just saying it but Montreal's pretty stuck-up, just warning you, especially for a tourist. Im sure youll do great though
Crescent is full of 16 year old kids, really not the place to be at all.
PM me when youre here man!

Slang5061
09-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Hawtin, I'm glad you mentioned Crescent is for kids... I was about to book a hotel there. Stuck-up crowd should be alright, can't be that bad as compared to New York. I'm really psych'd about day gaming there. I'll see if we can get some more guys to day game and go out in groups... atleast thats the way we do it here.

raarh
09-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Hawtin said it all, briefly.
PM me when you're here as well..We can go all together!
This would be great as I still need to work on myself! :P

Delivery
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
check out st catherines street for some clubs/bars

Hawtin
10-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Ill let all the MTLers in on my favorite place to sarge, W Hotel's Wunderbar on Wednesdays. Trendy crowd, house music all night, so many girls of all ages 19 year old girls on one side of the room and 35 year old women on the other, its great for everyone.
The best part about the Wunderbar, its in a hotel. Plenty of tourists looking to experience a new city (great opportunities to timebridge and "Show them around the town, a.k.a your pants") and how much closer can you get to bringing her to the bedroom, its a hotel.
Ill be there October 14, for those of you that are in town or live here, Message me.

Slang5061
10-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I'll be there from tomorrow day/night gaming. Send me a text if anyone wants to join @ 765.409.2800. Thanks for everyones help on this thread.