PDA

View Full Version : If she doesn't get your joke

Half There
09-14-2009, 03:41 PM
and stops responding, should you text back in a little bit something to let her know it was a joke? Something like "sorry, I thought you had a sense of humor :P."

I know the general rule is never text back to back in a short period.

I sent this to girl:

Me: "You ok?"
Her: "Yea. You?"
Me: "I'm fine. The police found a burnt body around here. It was really fat and had a small brain so I'm just making sure you're alright."
(No response)

Maybe the lack of a smiley fucked it up, but I got the line from somewhere on here. I thought they were supposed to be field tested?

fawkes22
09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Lines like that are successfully field tested ONLY because they are calibrated to the interaction.

You just got blown out phone game style.

CrWood
09-15-2009, 04:57 PM
HAHAHA i thought that was halarious. The whole interaction.

SpiderDejon
09-19-2009, 10:51 AM
lol I'm gonna have to agree with fawkes,

but if you really want, just bust their balls: 'seriously hunny, it shouldn't take you this long to figure out a joke :P ;)' etc

Crooked
09-19-2009, 11:18 PM
and stops responding, should you text back in a little bit something to let her know it was a joke? Something like "sorry, I thought you had a sense of humor :P."

I know the general rule is never text back to back in a short period.

I sent this to girl:

Me: "You ok?"
Her: "Yea. You?"
Me: "I'm fine. The police found a burnt body around here. It was really fat and had a small brain so I'm just making sure you're alright."
(No response)

Maybe the lack of a smiley fucked it up, but I got the line from somewhere on here. I thought they were supposed to be field tested?

LOL. What a failure of a joke/text exchange. What were you thinking? You just mega-insulted her and probably ruined her day. You'll be lucky if she ever talks to you again.

Your only chance is to send her a text profusely apologizing for your horrendous sense of humor.

gr8t100
09-20-2009, 12:12 AM
it didn't work cause it wasn't funny... alright actually it was.

Honestly, could of been too random and out there to text at that moment. Perhaps it didn't go well with the image you gave off to her. Or hell, maybe she was offended. Don't take it personal as she will forget about it the next day.

Runway
09-20-2009, 12:41 AM
(No response)

Hi mate,

That text is an insult.

Be very careful when cutting and pasting quotes you found elsewhere here on the forums into your text messages. You have to put them into the context of the relationship you already have with the girl. While many guys here would find that sort of thing funny, unless it's used properly, or within the right frame, then a girl will interpret something like that as an insult. In you're case, it's pretty reasonable to conclude that's how she saw it.

That text also references things that should be avoided in conversations such as; death, a women's body shape and lack of intelligence.

Good luck.

Runway.

a11111
09-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah dude you insulted her and she took it seriously. It would have been a really good line if you replaced "fat" and "[stupid]" with something that isn't a direct insult.