PDA

View Full Version : "I stole your heart" query

Stoic_Tarr
08-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Kiss-/#-closed with an HB (indie, cute, deep, bit shy). We established a connection (lots of really strong eye-contact and kino), so I suggest meeting up. She seemed keen, and suggested in 4 days time. We agree to a Day2 in 5 days, as I was busy on the suggested day.

The next day, interesed in a Day2, I sent an opener-text:
Afternoon, [HB]. Its [Stoic], the guy that stole your heart last night x

No reply that day. Next day afternoon, she texts:
Hey Stoic, just checked and my heart is still there!

Just trying to calibrate. I think I've gone in too heavy with the opener: very presumptuous about her commitment level, bit arrogant; bit lame, and unusal for me in that I didn't use call-back humour (something light/funny in the original conversation). And there's not many hooks to encourage a reply. Possible that I've DLV-ed with these particular values, but may have DHV-ed with confidence. Note to self: don't send this one in future. Anyway, shit happens. And neverthesless, she responded eventually, albeit with a Disqualification but with reference to the content of my text. And with a well-thought reply at that.

So, now wondering what to reply with next. I'm interested in persisting, though feel a bit stuck. Trying to think of some light "heart banter" to provide Attraction and Comfort, before Qualifying and then Confirming the Day2. Possible ones, some bordering on innane:

That figures. I swapped yours for a decoy. The ranson is pretty high for hearts these days don't you know, particularly the squidgier ones.
I did wonder about the owner of this one. This heart seems way to squidgy (or cold/hot/hard) to be yours... wanna trade?
Are you sure you don't have a spare, like Dr Who?
Oh dear, whose heart is this? Bet they're having a rough weekend without it.

I plan to text later today, possibly tomorrow, depending on what I come up with and given the day delay in her response.

Any suggestions? Cheers guys.

Stoic_Tarr
08-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm over-thinking/procrastinating.

Sent this 6hrs later:

That figures. I swapped yours for a decoy. The ranson is pretty high for hearts these days don't you know, particularly the squidgier ones. How's it ticking along?

Seems to project some centredness, some humour, and err on qualification at the end. Arranging a date could be done through arranging a "pick-up point for the exchange of heart/ransom". Unless there's a topic change. Or non-reply.

fawkes22
08-30-2009, 10:35 AM
I think you really over thought this one. I think sometimes we fail to realize that we have room for error. Not tons, but still some. So just relax.

I liked that line about stealing her heart, I'm going to steal that. Sorry. haha. Her response was as normal as it could be. Her response could have been, "Oh no, now I'm going to die," but as you said, she's kind of shy, etc.

As a general rule though, I would say that talking about stolen body parts is not the most attractive thing because the conversation can turn creepy.

Either way you're fine.

Diggin
08-30-2009, 01:35 PM
I thought it was an alright opener to be honest. She was obviously interested if you two set plans to meet up and you went in for a kiss close. Meaning she is attracted to you and you need to start building comfort. If you were to open with the same line but did not yet kiss or kino escalated like you did it would have been a bad idea. I agree with you, you are over-thinking the matter. Sometimes I think for awhile about what kind of text I should send and it just make things more complicated. We usually don't receive the response we were looking for so be prepared but when we do, o boy, do we love that feeling!

Also, her response was somewhat playful, she said it in a teasing type of way.

matix7
09-02-2009, 03:22 PM
SHIT, hope I didn't steal something else on accident.. NEXT TOPIC

Stoic_Tarr
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
So we're all agreed, then, I over-think my shizzle.

SHIT, hope I didn't steal something else on accident.. NEXT TOPIC

Nice reply! Less clunky than mine.

Anyway, date set-up so,indeed, next topic.