PDA

View Full Version : Question about the waiting to call game.

harmonica
08-16-2009, 10:29 PM
I got a girl's number and her friends made jokes about how I will wait to long to call or call too soon. So I joked about it as well. But now that we made fun of it, will they change her mindset about when she expects me to call? Will she take it more seriously now or something?

TheSlayer
08-16-2009, 11:13 PM
I got a girl's number and her friends made jokes about how I will wait to long to call or call too soon. So I joked about it as well. But now that we made fun of it, will they change her mindset about when she expects me to call? Will she take it more seriously now or something?

If this was a cold pickup you should send her a text within 24 hours. This gets the initial weirdness outta the way. When you do call her don't ash her out right away, the first couple of times just talk to her for 10-15 mins. then get off the phone.

harmonica
08-17-2009, 08:11 PM
If this was a cold pickup you should send her a text within 24 hours. This gets the initial weirdness outta the way. When you do call her don't ash her out right away, the first couple of times just talk to her for 10-15 mins. then get off the phone.

Well I don't have texting, but really, talk for 10-15 minutes? In my experience it's best to end the call after five and I don't think I've been good at making dates where I take longer so far? Wouldn't the girl think I'm kinda wussy for not asking her to hang out? Other guys have said to go for it on the first call, so this advice is surprising.

TheSlayer
08-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Well I don't have texting, but really, talk for 10-15 minutes? In my experience it's best to end the call after five and I don't think I've been good at making dates where I take longer so far? Wouldn't the girl think I'm kinda wussy for not asking her to hang out? Other guys have said to go for it on the first call, so this advice is surprising.

Why would you be a wussy if you are not asking her to hangout. Most of my knowledge has come from, "The Game", MB, TMM, and COUNTLESS articles on the internet. I have literally read a lot. More amazingly there is tons of free information on this website. Read the stickies in the Phone/Text Game section and your question will be answered. This is directly from Braddock's sticky:

"Rushing to make plans: ""I'm so glad we met! I've never met a girl like you." Or even "I hope your trip to Chicago was great!!! I want to hear all about it. I would love to see you when you get home. Do you have plans Friday when you get home?"

When you read sample text messages in this article, some of them might seem silly. Much of dating science is counter-intuitive, because most of what people have been taught about social dynamics is wrong. Human attraction does not work the way it does in TV or movies. Even so-called experts are not in bars, clubs, restaurants, parks, coffee shops, and lounges interacting with the most beautiful women there, day after day, and actually practicing what they preach. We use what works, no matter how unusual it seems on paper, so stay open-minded and let your only judge be how well these techniques work in the real world."

He explained that rushing to make plans leads to her losing attraction for you. When you call her for those 10-15 minutes, you DHV, attract, comfort build and ensure that she has a good time with you on the phone. If she doesn't enjoy herself on the phone she won't see you in person. You do most of the talking on the phone for the first few calls and simply get off by saying, " I gotta run, ttyl". Definitely read the stickies. They are great :).

harmonica
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Why would you be a wussy if you are not asking her to hangout. Most of my knowledge has come from, "The Game", MB, TMM, and COUNTLESS articles on the internet. I have literally read a lot. More amazingly there is tons of free information on this website. Read the stickies in the Phone/Text Game section and your question will be answered. This is directly from Braddock's sticky:

"Rushing to make plans: ""I'm so glad we met! I've never met a girl like you." Or even "I hope your trip to Chicago was great!!! I want to hear all about it. I would love to see you when you get home. Do you have plans Friday when you get home?"

When you read sample text messages in this article, some of them might seem silly. Much of dating science is counter-intuitive, because most of what people have been taught about social dynamics is wrong. Human attraction does not work the way it does in TV or movies. Even so-called experts are not in bars, clubs, restaurants, parks, coffee shops, and lounges interacting with the most beautiful women there, day after day, and actually practicing what they preach. We use what works, no matter how unusual it seems on paper, so stay open-minded and let your only judge be how well these techniques work in the real world."

He explained that rushing to make plans leads to her losing attraction for you. When you call her for those 10-15 minutes, you DHV, attract, comfort build and ensure that she has a good time with you on the phone. If she doesn't enjoy herself on the phone she won't see you in person. You do most of the talking on the phone for the first few calls and simply get off by saying, " I gotta run, ttyl". Definitely read the stickies. They are great :).

Hmm well I've always made dates the first calls. How do I make it look like I've gotta run? Like when I say I'll call her again, where do I make it look like I'm going with it, if I don't ask her out?

TheSlayer
08-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Hmm well I've always made dates the first calls. How do I make it look like I've gotta run? Like when I say I'll call her again, where do I make it look like I'm going with it, if I don't ask her out?

Bro, if it works for you then by all means keep on doing it. I personally found that girls responded to me better when I didn't call them up and asked them out right away. If you are getting laid then don't worry about it. Don't say you'll call her again, just say I gotta run, I'll ttyl. You could use anything man, I gotta go to the gym, seeing a friend, going to a movie, going to eat, going to read, going to a party, going to take a shit (okay don't use this one lol). It's to show that you are busy and she isn't a priority. Seriously, read the stickies in the Phone/Text Game section and it will all make sense :).

harmonica
08-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Bro, if it works for you then by all means keep on doing it. I personally found that girls responded to me better when I didn't call them up and asked them out right away. If you are getting laid then don't worry about it. Don't say you'll call her again, just say I gotta run, I'll ttyl. You could use anything man, I gotta go to the gym, seeing a friend, going to a movie, going to eat, going to read, going to a party, going to take a shit (okay don't use this one lol). It's to show that you are busy and she isn't a priority. Seriously, read the stickies in the Phone/Text Game section and it will all make sense :).

Hmm well with a lot of girls it didn't work but I assumed those ones had just too high maintenance or too hard get interested and just dismissed them. Is this just for young and shy girls, cause if so, then I don't want to pursue women like that.

surffreak
08-18-2009, 07:16 AM
why dont people realize all the information is right here.

http://www.theattractionforums.com/phone-text-game/24252-phone-game.html