PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with texts

ae86hachiroku
08-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey.. new here from Australia, just to let you know, calling here is not much of an option.

An example being, last Friday night at a club, built attraction, lots of making out and touching, number close. Text her the next day saying.

Me : Hey >insert name< it's >insert my name<, have fun last night?
Her : hey i had a fun night, (then tells me about the rest of her night) what were you up to today?
Me : Been hanging out with my mates today, then a birthday party tonight, what about you?
Her : house partying nearby, have another good night.
Me : Maybe.. So when do we get to see each other again?
Her : no reply (fail)

I can see myself being a bit too needy on that one, but I'm a terrible texter and this isn't the first time it's happened. Starting to get fairly frustrated. Perhaps I should have chucked in a few jokes in there, but like I said, I do better person to person and can't progress with texts to save my life. Anyway to recover from this?

Nully
08-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Savoy's blog has a great article (http://www.therealsavoy.com/2008/04/love-systems-text-message-article.html) on this.

ae86hachiroku
08-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks Nully,

That was pretty helpful. I'm still lost on whether there's any recovery however.

Nully
08-10-2009, 07:33 PM
It never hurts to be a LITTLE persistent, but I'd cut her loose after 1 or 2 more no-replies... And that's only if you were particularly into her.

The solution is to get more prospects. ;)

Runway
08-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Hang on!

Let's back up here for a second. Since when was calling a girl NOT an option here in Australia? Where on earth did you get that advice from?

You should ALWAYS call a girl to ask her out. Texting a girl to ask her out on a date is lame and shows you have no balls.

I've been out on heaps of dates recently and every girl I spoke to said they said 'yes' to a date because I called them.

There is no doubt that texting is popular which is why do many people do it. So to stand and and portray yourself as a man you're going to have to call.

In terms of your situation, give her a few days and call her. Chat to her for about five minutes and then say you've got to go. Give her a call a few days after and set up a day two. Sinn's post on phone game is another good place to start if you're struggling.

Good luck.

Runway.

Runway
08-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Hang on!

Let's back up here for a second. Since when was calling a girl NOT an option here in Australia? Where on earth did you get that advice from?

You should ALWAYS call a girl to ask her out. Texting a girl to ask her out on a date is lame and shows you have no balls.

I've been out on heaps of dates recently and every girl I spoke to said they said 'yes' to a date because I called them.

There is no doubt that texting is popular which is why do many people do it. So to stand and and portray yourself as a man you're going to have to call.

In terms of your situation, give her a few days and call her. Chat to her for about five minutes and then say you've got to go. Give her a call a few days after and set up a day two. Sinn's post on phone game is another good place to start if you're struggling.

Good luck.

Runway.

ae86hachiroku
08-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Haha, ok I'll give it a shot.

Any tips you can give me as to what to say, given the failed text messages?

Sam_Y
08-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Don't mention anything regarding the failed text messages. Be cool, you're too busy and cool to notice things like that. Since you're trying to recover, do as Runway OZ said and chat for a couple minutes without attempting to set up a date, don't even ask what she's up to for the matter because that might imply you're trying to set something up. Of course, you end the conversation and call her back a few days later to set something up.
With regards to the conversation...just be yourself, be interesting, and let it flow. It's an attractive quality to be social but try avoiding talking too fast, talking in a monotone voice, and talking too much about yourself, or even her for the matter. Try and pick up signals from her voice which indicate weather she's not interested in the topic, she's getting excited, she's rushing to get off the phone. Of course, interesting stories are neutral grounds for good conversation.

sturbo
08-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Think about what you are going to do if(when) she doesn't answer. She may have not gotten back to you for a legitimate purpose, but my guess is she flaked. So what makes you think she'll answer?

You going to leave a message? What are you going to say? hahahah, don't mean to scare you! Is there some humor from your interaction that you can use? That's the route I'd go. And don't say hey it's XXX from XXX.

ae86hachiroku
08-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Awesome help guys thanks a lot!

Honestly when it comes to phone communication in any form I'm pretty shit, I tend to rush phone calls and panic a bit when there is a silence, even with mates, just a weird habit.

I probably won't leave a message. I'm thinking along the lines of, "I was going through my contacts and thought you'd be up for a quick chat while I'm on lunch break" ?.

Or, "I was going through my contacts deleting numbers, thought i'd call you to give you one last chance *laugh laugh*". Probably can either royally screw up or work quite well?