I am a stripper. - Page 2

FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Connecticut, USA

Quote Originally Posted by miaddict View Post
    Vapor, stop negging the stripper. You'll scare the customers away, says "miaddict, mia's pimp".

Vera,
    for the sake of our amusement, can you provide the top 5 "worst pick-up lines' that your (potential) strip club customers have ever used on you or your colleagues? In other words, what stuff 'does not work'?
    Well, I can only speak for myself, really.

Some guys think that showing just how wealthy they are will get them a phone number. I've seen guys with huge diamonds (?) and expensive clothes trying to pikc up girls. One even bragged just how much his earring and watch were worth. It only made me think that maybe he'd have money to spend on champagne rooms. Turned out he didn't get a single dance while he was there. Nor did he get any numbers, I'm sure.

I've had guys tell me that I don't seem like I should be a dancer, or that there's just something really special about me. I do try to be classy instead of trashy. That's just who I am. It doesn't make me want to give my number to anyone.

Guys who make me laugh are great, and fun to spend a few minutes with when my night's going slowly. Some of these guys come in regularly. They never get dances and usually understand that we are there to work and often will send me on my way when I say I need to go earn some money.

Some customers compliment me to death. I am always flattered, but it does get a bit annoying when all the guy can talk about straight, even through multiple dances or a champange room.. is how good I look. Compliment me if you wish and then move on, please.

Putting me on a pedestal doesn't do anything for me. It's actually very annoying. Some girls thrive on this.. I prefer to be treated like the human being I am. The guys I am most comfortable with are the ones I feel will accept me for who I am even when I'm not all decked out in stripper-wear. I look a lot different when dressed down - which I tend to do 90% of the time I'm not working. It's always comforting to know that I can be my every day dorky self and still be accepted.

I hope some of that helps.

Connecticut, USA

Quote Originally Posted by stellar87 View Post
    i know that some guys don't know this stuff, but to most isn't it kinda duh logic?
    One would think so. sorry to repeat myself - not a working night goes by when I don't get at least one guy who assumes he can pick me up, even after I've told him I'm not single (I'm engaged, actually!) and he offers me breakfast.. or to go partying.. or whatever.

Connecticut, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sdnightfly View Post
    My questions -
    What brings you here?
    Why CT and not Vegas, NYC, or LA?
    Do you work in the same area you live, or do you commute at least an hour just so you hope no one you know shows up, or you don't care anymore?
    Have you ever dated a customer?
    When you've met guys at nightclubs or just doing your thing,what is their reaction when you tell them..if you tell them?
    Does your family know, and if they don't, what do you tell them?
    When you go for a job, what is the "screening process"?
    What is the job most girls who strip wind up doing when they get tired of it or too old for it? I've heard it's usually nursing and realtors.
    What is going through your mind when you dance?
    I grew up in MA just by the CT line. I don't dance full-time. I've always had a "Regular" job while dancing. It keeps me grounded. Too many dancers are so immersed in the dancer lifestlye that they forget what it's like to be a real person. IMHO.

Las Vegas is VERY high competition. I prefer a smaller club where I can take a break if I need to without being yelled at by management. Also lower house fees. I did visit Vegas once for a couple of days, unrelated to stripping. It was also way too much go, go go! for me. NYC is the same on house fees and competition. LA? I'd imagine the same.

I used to live less than 15 mins from the club I work at now. I currently live over an hour, about an hour 15 mins away. It doesn't bother me. I'm not doing anything illegal or wrong in my mind! I dance, bust my butt, flirt, get sexy... and then just want to sleep when it's over! My money isn't being spent on drugs. Plus, most of my friend know I dance. My parents know. Anyone who doesn't know and shows up, well heck, they went to a strip club! And I work at one. *shrug*

When I was single I did try to date a few select customers. I thought I'd made a serious connection. I asked if they would be okay dating a stripper and they said "Yes." Then they'd give me a fake number, go figure.

I generally don't tell people at nightclubs that I strip. Once in a while a friend will be excited and tell strangers I strip and it gets very annoying. Generally, they just want to get a lapdance and wave a dollar at me. Uh, I'm not at work. A dollar isn't even close to enough for me to randomly give you a lap dance in a public place that's not my strip club.

When I go for a job? You mean to work at a club? They just ask you to go on stage to try out. You put on whatever outfit you want, go up on stage, and do a set. If they like your body, how you move, etc. they usually hire you. Yes, they throw you to the wolves. There's no official stripper training. You just go up and DO it.

I don't know what most girls do when they stop dancing as I generally keep to myself at work. I'll help out if I can (I have a pair of scissors if you need 'em!) and am generally friendly, but there is so much drama so I don't meet up with girls outside of the club. I have no particular plans for what I'll do once I stop dancing.

When I dance on stage, I am feeling like a sexy vixen.. and trying to figure out which customers might be interested in a lap dance, VIP, or champagne room. I'm trying to dance my best, be sensual, show my best parts in the best way I know how. I also try to remember to not go too crazy on stage.. that's how I end up with bruises I don't know where I got them or a randomly sore muscle.

When I'm in a lap dance, VIP, or champage room I'm trying to get a feel for what a guy likes. Does he want me to grind and bounce on his lap or does he want more sensual, me laying against his chest and nuzzling his ear? I will often ask if a guy likes what I'm doing. I worry that I'm not being sexy enough or sensual enough or not doing what he's paying me to do for him, within obvious limits/laws/rules.

I've dated a few strippers, and found these words to be like magic in gaining their respect and trust. As soon as they approach me I say 'just so you know, I'm not buying dances tonight'. The ones who were truly just approaching for work will thank me and walk away (a few times I've gotten a handshake and an approving nod). The ones who are attracted to me will smile, work the rest of the room, and come back to talk when their opportunities to make cash are exhausted.

Connecticut, USA

Quote Originally Posted by RadioClash View Post
    Welcome, VeraLynn,

Any interesting stories to tell about guys who came in and left with one of your co-workers or yourself?
    As said in previous post, I keep to myself. Can't speak for guys who have left with a dancer. The only time I've left with a customer is when I left with two good friends - my friends and they are best friends. They used to come see me dance every weekend for over a year... never did dances. Neither were physically my "Type" and I wasn't single during this time, either. They were very mentally stimulating - smart, witty, great sense of humor.

We went out to breakfast and then parted ways.

Apparently one of the bouncers saw us communicating before I got into my car and said something. I was nearly fired the next time I came in to work... then one of the owners vouched for the guys, saying that they know these guys and trust them to know that nothing funny happened. I was very relieved.

Even if I had "gone home" with a customer, why would I risk posting about it on a public forum? Sorry, no juicy stories here.. and good luck finding any, no offense intended. Just the truth.

Connecticut, USA

Quote Originally Posted by manbehindthecurtain View Post
    I've dated a few strippers, and found these words to be like magic in gaining their respect and trust. As soon as they approach me I say 'just so you know, I'm not buying dances tonight'. The ones who were truly just approaching for work will thank me and walk away (a few times I've gotten a handshake and an approving nod). The ones who are attracted to me will smile, work the rest of the room, and come back to talk when their opportunities to make cash are exhausted.
    It is *amazing* what being up front and honest can do for you. When guys say "well, maybe, just not now" and they are just trying to not turn a girl down, and then we come back to ask again, it wastes our time.

We would much rather hear, "No, thank you, I don't want to do dances tonight" if that is the truth. We won't be offended... and if someone IS offended by that, they have personal issues!

Quote Originally Posted by VeraLynn View Post
    Putting me on a pedestal doesn't do anything for me. It's actually very annoying. Some girls thrive on this.. I prefer to be treated like the human being I am. The guys I am most comfortable with are the ones I feel will accept me for who I am even when I'm not all decked out in stripper-wear.
    You are not a unique snowflake. You are not special. You are just one of several million women that has a chance to be in my presence.

How's that?

I wish

I will often ask if a guy likes what I'm doing. I worry that I'm not being sexy enough or sensual enough or not doing what he's paying me to do for him, within obvious limits/laws/rules.

I wish all girls were like this, even during sex, as i hate it when a girl does'nt know weather shes doing it right or not.

I find it funny that guys have no troubles telling a girl to do this to do that when it comes to sex, and yet girls, never tell a guy how to do it right, i mean how are we meant too learn?

Connecticut, USA

Quote Originally Posted by matrixxx View Post
    You are not a unique snowflake. You are not special. You are just one of several million women that has a chance to be in my presence.

How's that?

Amusing. Being a unique person is different than treating me like I walk on water, though. If all someone can say is "Oh my god, you are so gorgeous..." and "I am so afraid to say something wrong in front of you" and visibly shake, afraid to meet my gaze.. that gets old pretty fast.

10. Quote Originally Posted by VeraLynn View Post
    Amusing. Being a unique person is different than treating me like I walk on water, though. If all someone can say is "Oh my god, you are so gorgeous..." and "I am so afraid to say something wrong in front of you" and visibly shake, afraid to meet my gaze.. that gets old pretty fast.
    believe it or not i agree with you, i ain't saying it this way to try to pick you up, i hate breaking up a happy home. i say it cause it makes sense, not too many girls i have met want that from a guy, it can get annoying, i have seen it too often my friend phil kinda did this with his ex and he got walked on basically, it sucked to hear bout it, i told him to stick up for himself, he didn't listen and they are over again. I, to be honest, treat girls like they are real people, and my theory is isn't that what we all want?. they are treated good when they are nice, not so nice within reason when they are being bitchy, walk off when they are being too bitchy.