Which to wear to a semi-formal college party

123 LastLast
    Bloomington-Normal IL

Which to wear to a semi-formal college party

Here are some pics I took in my dorm. The party will be semi-formal college. So there will be a keg, beer pong, etc so not too formal. I will be cup holder at this party(guy charging $5 per cup) so maybe I should wear something more special? Or a certain peacock item?
    Which look should I do?

No tie

Tie

Buttoned up

Should I make any tailoring work? I am having a hard time finding a tailor around campus.

Tauranga

Personally, in my very unqualified opinion.

I like the blazer, shirt is fine.

Somethings not quite right thought, I think Id get rid of the trousers (serious) and maby wear the belt a bit lower I might be wrong but it seems to high up.

Alrighty...

The whole thing scream 'I'm at dads sailor-boat club-house dinner!' It looks very snobby and bland. Khankis, white shirt, blue blazer. Bla.

Like pokerash said, the pants defently need to come down. They look like theyre sitting at your belly button.

Shirt looks fine, its classic. Cant ever go wrong with white.

General rule of thumb for ties: They should always hit your belt buckle. (Unless you know a lot abotu fashion and are in the new(old) wave of wearing a tie halfway up your belly). Also, if you're gonna wear a tie, make sure its done up proper; yours look very loose (read: messy/unkempt) in the pictures. Also, try a skinny tie. Some people dont like them.. I LOVE them.

Blazer... looks big, and it doesnt give your body too much shape. Arms seem a bit long.

If you want to rock it (in my mind), and have some time before it goes down: go out and buy a nice black skinnier tie, and a pair of suspenders (something that will go with the pants and tie). Dont go to walmart, but som higher end store that sells suspenders (I havent found a good pair yet, so I cant help you here). Will look good, and women LOVE to grab onto suspenders, especially when dancing.

And if you want to change the pants, go for it!

honestly...the outfit seem like you'll just blend in with the rest of the crowd. it kinda looks more like you're going to a private school instead of a semi-formal.

i'd probably start over from scratch...and only keep the blazer.

i'd recommend doing a search for posts created by SkinnyGoomba in the fashion forum and take a look at his style. chances are he'll pop in with better suggestions then me.

5. If you go to Indiana U then wear an Arkansas Razor Back tshirt under the blazer, since thats who you guys play in the first round. It will get conversation going since IU fans are crazy about basketball.

If you go to U of Illinios see if you can find one of those orange blazers that Weber wears on the sidelines of games, they are ugly, but people will notice you and you can make jokes about it.

Its college and unless you are going to an SEC school where all the guys dress like you are in the pictures, you should change it up just a bit.

Where I can find joy.

the blazer is too big, at least the sleeves are like 1-1,5inch too long.
    (this isnt something you gotta fix till then, i think you could keep the blazer)

your pants are sitting too high..
    do you have a tighter pair of jeans or slacks? preferably dark ones..

it would look alot better with a thinner tie, i would go for black or grey/colour patterned. if you dont have any thinner tie, just skip the tie.

tbh, just wearing a blazer will get ppl the thought that you're dressed up, as long as you rock it together with some good shoes. (and thats not worn-down sneakers or joggingshoes)

i would say; skip the shirt and the tie if you dont got a cooler tie, replace them with a bright or at least not dark t-shirt, preferably graphic, with good fit. fit is seriously important dude. replace the pants, and show us what shoes you're wearing with that outfit.

good luck!

Bloomington-Normal IL

My opinion, is to save the dockers for your next party with mom and dad! Especially those, they're huge!
    I was trying to think of why they look like Old man pants to me, and thats it, they're way too big.

The idea that i like to have in my going out clothes, is an interesting look, something sexy, and Dockers dont work for that.
    what works for that, is a Slim fitting, flat front pair of slacks, or a nice pair of jeans.
    Grey or Khaki slacks, when matched with a blue blazer have a very "uniform" look to it.

You can make that blazer work, but IMO, check out my latest post, i wearing a Khaki blazer which i think would work better for you.

For this occasion, i would wear Good jeans, dress shoes (brown or Cordovan).

Park the white shirt, white is boring as hell IMO.
    Striped shirts get a bad rep on most forums, but there is a Difference between AMJACK shirts and good striped shirts.

I'll write more on this later, but in the mean time, tell me what your budget is.

Bloomington-Normal IL

total bank right now is around $150 lol

Where I can find joy.

if you have to shop from that webside you posted, i would go for these jeans;

this striped polo:

Ill try to put together something off ebay for 150bucks, lets just see if its possible

jeans; Levis 511, slim fit, 30$ at ebay (my size is 30/31 on these.)
    yea thats a bad picture, i know that.

ill post some t-shirts..
    this one is 55bucks, nice looking imo

this one is 15bucks, i just ordered one myself bcause i think its screams opener .. a bit too much tho, but ill rock it.

Shoes:
    personally i would go for a pair of less casual dress shoes,. but I'll post some sneakers aswell bcause some people just tend to not wanna wear dress shoes

those were 45$

those are 24$

20$

20$ aswell

anyway, those are some shoes that i would say matches the jeans and t-shirts..and its well under 150$ all together

good luck dude, hope you got some help there.

I'll let someone else post some shirts, i just found good tees, no shirts within a cheap price range.