Phone game issues are not issues at all.

12 LastLast
    San Diego, CA

Phone game issues are not issues at all.

---If you are uncomfortable on the phone read the whole post.---
    Ok. I have issues with phone game. I don't like to be on the phone. I prefer to talk in person. But, I recognize that women love to talk on the phone. So, I talk on the phone.
    It must have been two months ago that Cedar forwarded me Tyler's RSD email on phone game. Since then, I have grown to understand that phone calls are not nearly as crucial as we make them.

Women have half-hour conversations with each other in which both parties talk, but neither hears anything the other says. They talk about stupid, mundane, pointless shit for hours on end. This is because what is said is far less important to them, than what is communicated. They're telling each other, "you're important to me, so I'm spending time talking to you." That is all phone game is. It is a way of communicating to someone that they are significant enough in your life(or could be), that you are willing to take time away from your other activities to call them.
    Sure you can accomplish good things in a phone call. I don't dispute that good phone game is a great tool. What I am getting at is that a fucked up phone call is not a big deal. Unless you are a complete ass and offend or otherwise turn off the girl, you lose nothing from a phone call. They're going to forget it in an hour anyway.
    Unless, of course, they're interested in you. Then, they'll remember it for a week. And they'll remind you of your last call with them. But this is a good thing. And you can tell them so. "Wow. If you recall that much from our last conversation, you must be really into me."
    Tuesday I called an HB7.5 I haven't spoken to in 6 weeks. Got her VM. Left a message saying I had thought about her today and would call back on Thursday. Today is Thursday.
    I really don't care whether she calls back or not. I'm calling 4 other HBs between now and tomorrow. I'm too busy to see any of them for at least a week anyway. No dates will be confirmed or discussed, unless they bring it up. Just calling to chat. Familiarity IS Comfort. Next call I can ask them out, if need be, because chatting with them has been casual and comfortable.
    *****Stop setting yourself up for failure. Don't go into a phone call with expectations of outcome. Don't think, 'I have to ask her out before I hang up." You're going to miss out on some great conversation because you're preoccupied with setting up a date. Make her earn your date proposition. In fact, assuming you set up a timebridge already, don't even mention it until either she does, or she's being really fun and interactive. You are the prize.
    Imagine for a second, how you would feel if a girl said, "let's get together for lunch soon." Then a few days later, she calls you and you talk for an hour. You hang up the phone and she never even mentioned the lunch date. You would wonder why, wouldn't you? You'd be thinking, 'did I do ror say something to make her change her mind?' But the phone call went so well. You had fun talking with her. So why didn't she pursue the date?
    This is exactly what you want an HB to be thinking. She may have had no interest in going out with you when she answered the phone. But, when you were so much fun to talk to, and yet didn't ask her out, she got curious. Now you've piqued her interest.
    !!!!!!!!!I highly recommend reading TD's phone game email. You can find it here. Also, check out Juggler's phone stuff here. Read them with an open mind. Forget what you think you know about phone game. Replace it with this stuff and you'll lose the anxiety.
    Last edited by Rain; 03-16-2006 at 12:50 PM.

London... All roads lead to Leeds

And that's why we want you on our team. Another invaluable contribution from Rain. I will personally neg everyone that doesn't rep up contributions like these.
    [CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]H[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"]r[/COLOR][COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="Navy"]l[/COLOR]e[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]q[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]u[/COLOR][COLOR="SeaGreen"]i[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]n[/COLOR]: Weapon of mass seduction[/SIZE] [/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]When you refuse to accept what you cannot change: this is trauma.

When you decide to change what you cannot accept: this is r[B]evolution[/B].[/CENTER]
    [/SIZE] [/FONT]

Sydney, Australia

Agreed. think you have just cleared up alot of my phone game issues.
    I never liked talking on the phone either. Always preferred to see a girl in person. I also prefer to text message instead of calling as well.
    Now I think I might start looking at it in a different way.
    Cheers

Malibu

yes,
    keep in touch, but don`t whore yourself out and listen to the drone for an hour....unless you like the History Channel on mute.
    If you start out listening to them for long periods...you will be expected to in the future...Ughhhh.
    So, cut them off at 10 min. or whatever your personal tolerance is.

on the worlds largest island

Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    ---If you are uncomfortable on the phone read the whole post.---
    Ok. I have issues with phone game. I don't like to be on the phone. I prefer to talk in person. But, I recognize that women love to talk on the phone. So, I talk on the phone.
    It must have been two months ago that Cedar forwarded me Tyler's RSD email on phone game. Since then, I have grown to understand that phone calls are not nearly as crucial as we make them.

Women have half-hour conversations with each other in which both parties talk, but neither hears anything the other says. They talk about stupid, mundane, pointless shit for hours on end. This is because what is said is far less important to them, than what is communicated. They're telling each other, "you're important to me, so I'm spending time talking to you." That is all phone game is. It is a way of communicating to someone that they are significant enough in your life(or could be), that you are willing to take time away from your other activities to call them.
    Sure you can accomplish good things in a phone call. I don't dispute that good phone game is a great tool. What I am getting at is that a fucked up phone call is not a big deal. Unless you are a complete ass and offend or otherwise turn off the girl, you lose nothing from a phone call. They're going to forget it in an hour anyway.
    Unless, of course, they're interested in you. Then, they'll remember it for a week. And they'll remind you of your last call with them. But this is a good thing. And you can tell them so. "Wow. If you recall that much from our last conversation, you must be really into me."
    Tuesday I called an HB7.5 I haven't spoken to in 6 weeks. Got her VM. Left a message saying I had thought about her today and would call back on Thursday. Today is Thursday.
    I really don't care whether she calls back or not. I'm calling 4 other HBs between now and tomorrow. I'm too busy to see any of them for at least a week anyway. No dates will be confirmed or discussed, unless they bring it up. Just calling to chat. Familiarity IS Comfort. Next call I can ask them out, if need be, because chatting with them has been casual and comfortable.
    *****Stop setting yourself up for failure. Don't go into a phone call with expectations of outcome. Don't think, 'I have to ask her out before I hang up." You're going to miss out on some great conversation because you're preoccupied with setting up a date. Make her earn your date proposition. In fact, assuming you set up a timebridge already, don't even mention it until either she does, or she's being really fun and interactive. You are the prize.
    Imagine for a second, how you would feel if a girl said, "let's get together for lunch soon." Then a few days later, she calls you and you talk for an hour. You hang up the phone and she never even mentioned the lunch date. You would wonder why, wouldn't you? You'd be thinking, 'did I do ror say something to make her change her mind?' But the phone call went so well. You had fun talking with her. So why didn't she pursue the date?
    This is exactly what you want an HB to be thinking. She may have had no interest in going out with you when she answered the phone. But, when you were so much fun to talk to, and yet didn't ask her out, she got curious. Now you've piqued her interest.
    !!!!!!!!!I highly recommend reading TD's phone game email. You can find it here. Also, check out Juggler's phone stuff here. Read them with an open mind. Forget what you think you know about phone game. Replace it with this stuff and you'll lose the anxiety.
    Truly magical words of wisdom!!!

San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin
    And that's why we want you on our team. Another invaluable contribution from Rain. I will personally neg everyone that doesn't rep up contributions like these.
    My friend, sarging with you would be a humbling, fascinating experience. I am more philosphically and theoretically inclined. My skills are coming along nicely, but pale next to yours.
    I must say, though, I am now determined to improve enough to wing with you next time I visit GB. There are some fantastic HBs over there. Remind me to tell you about the model I sarged on the train to London. I must have been possessed, because I don't know how I had the courage!
    Thanks for all your enthusiasm and confidence in me. You have my respect.
    Cheers,
    Rain
    ps. Make some room in your PM space!

North England

Hey thanks for this! Phone game is a sticking point with me right now - this should help a lot!
    [B]TGO[/B]

8. good post!!!

good advice!!!

Excellent advice. For phone game, I try to have a phone convo about everyday or every other day. I'm into relationships and friendships and my current game plan is to be part of my friend's or target's daily to do list and a phone conversation is a small investment.

10. Thank you for this thread.