How Chess got me good at Pickup

keepin nyc / nj dancers in check

How Chess got me good at Pickup

Growing up my father was always interested in chess. He played as a hobby and was fairly decent (for those out there who know anything about chess he was rated a little over 2000 which ranked him in the class of expert.) He taught me bits and pieces of the game but I never committed the kind of study time I should have (now it is much easier to study using Chessbase products then it was 20 years ago using books). I have always found a lot of parallels between life and chess and ever since I started teaching close to a year ago (wow times flies) I have started noticing parallels between chess and pickup.

The first thing one will notice is that chess is broken down into three distinct parts of the game (opening, middle and end). I am not sure if there is there where the pickup term “opening” comes from but I do know for a fact that terms like “Gambit” were taken directly by Mystery from chess nomenclature. Going back to the three phases of chess we can easily compare them to the three major phases of pickup. The opening would entail, Opening, Transitioning, Attraction & Qualification. The Middle game would be Comfort and finally the Endgame would be Seduction.

What’s interesting is the way you would learn chess is the exact way you would learn pickup. Let me point out some fundamental similarities with examples and then I will end this post with a high level overview of how I learned pickup and how I teach it to my students. The way I teach it is very digestable and part of the reason I get good reviews… my game is very mirrorable (word 07 does not consider mirrorable to be a word so we will just call it a faderisim lol)

If we take a chess opening we could take something called a King’s Pawn Opening (don’t worry I wont go too heavy on the chess terms but some are needed). This opening consists of moving the pawn in front of the king ahead two spaces. The best way to learn the KPO is to play it. As you play it you will see the various moves your opponents can make. Over time you will learn the patterns and contingencies associated with this opener. This is exactly what we want to do in pickup… we want to run jealous gf over and over and over again so that we can see all the counter moves the girls make so that we can look for patterns and develop contingencies. One of my key pieces of advice every bootcamp or 1 on 1 is to pick one or two openers and stick with them the entire night. This is SO important not only for the reasons listed previously but because using the same piece of material allows you to practice your body language, your tonality and more important to focus on the girl’s body language and microflinches.

As you get good at the KPO you might decide that no matter what your opponent does your second move is going to be to develop you King’s Knight. Then your third move might be to develop your King’s Bishop. This is the very equivalent of starting your own custom routine stack (something I create with the students on every 1 on 1 or bootcamp. More than just do it for them I teach them how to do for themselves because feed a man fish you feed him for the day but you teach him to fish and you feed him for life.) I really want my students to be as self-sufficient as possible post program. As you begin to develop your routine stack you might say I am going to open with JG then I am going to use the tranisition, “omg that reminds me” and then I am going to go into the bad ass kid story. Hopefully the reader is starting to see the parallels between what is called in chess a “repertoire” and what is called in pickup a “routine stack”

The reason that chess is so similar to pickup is because both are based on looking patterns and finding out the best contingencies. This is why inner game is super important… you can consider inner game like chess theory. You might not know the right contingency for a pattern you have never seen before but by using the formula in your head you might be able to come up with a move that is fairly strong. Inner game is beyond the scope of the article but I really love it so will probably write an article on 5 points that I think everyone should know.

The best way to learn pickup is to create a routine stack and go out and practice it. Practice each piece 20 -50 times. This may sound like a lot but it is not. If you have 1 interaction every 10 minutes you can easily have 25 interactions in a night. As you find the bits and pieces that work or don’t work for you swap them out for things that are more your style. For example, I am SUPER high energy so I can get away with saying omg. Some people just cant use that line… it just won’t work for their personal style. This is similar to how in chess there are people like very open aggressive attacking positions (where the stakes are high) vs people who prefer closed more tactical positions (where games are slower and less decided by big moves). Create your routine stack, find out what works for your style and constantly work on it, upgrade and improve it.\

Hope this helps someone and no I won’t play you chess for phone consults jk

View Full Profile: Click Here 200 + Reviews (Most In Company History): http://www.theattractionforums.com/t...iew_fader.html (watch my journey from student to approach coach, to instructor, to master instructor, to stripper destroyer).

Best quote from a workshop review ever "Overall this bootcamp was a short colombian 10, his teaching ability is a 10, and his game is a 10."

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

Don't Be A Victim (click, read & change your life)

play2win
    : There comes a point in everyone's life where they either have their dreams or the reasons they dont. You're the hero of your own story..... write a good one.

Try Walking In My Shoes
    You'll Stumble In My Footsteps

Quote Originally Posted by _Cane_ View Post
    haha does the term fools mate ring a bell?
    lol yes! also tactics vs positional strategy. I thought about this after I wrote it. Tactics are implementations of strategy. For example you could say I am going make this game wide open so you would trade off knights and clear pieces off the board. That tactic (trading pieces so the board is wide open) is an implementation of what they call open positions.

In pickup you could say I need to spike her buying temperature or build tensions (strategical thinking) and you could implement by saying "I don't think I like you" (thats the tactic, neg, banter, etc). I think I tell every girl I meet I don't like them at this point lol
    View Full Profile: Click Here 200 + Reviews (Most In Company History): http://www.theattractionforums.com/t...iew_fader.html (watch my journey from student to approach coach, to instructor, to master instructor, to stripper destroyer).

Best quote from a workshop review ever "Overall this bootcamp was a short colombian 10, his teaching ability is a 10, and his game is a 10."

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

play2win
    : There comes a point in everyone's life where they either have their dreams or the reasons they dont. You're the hero of your own story..... write a good one.

Try Walking In My Shoes

This book takes what I was saying in this post and just lays it out in a way more eloquent way. I reccomend this to people who are at intermidate level of pickup. You will have to listen to some general chess history but you will clearly see where this book tactics and ideas can be used in pickup

http://www.amazon.com/How-Life-Imita...5607398&sr=8-1

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

play2win

Try Walking In My Shoes