Two new openers from the nyc bootcamp this weekend - Page 2

FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Fader View Post
    I am not going over the context or how they were created. They were created on the fly by me and then field tested by me and other students.

The questions are
    Guys do you know what lmao is in a text message (surprisingly a good portion of people don't. not exactly sure how that is possible).
    Are you smart? Ok cool, who wrote war and peace.

Both of these came about as the result of conversation with students and people who were out that night.

If the openers are not working it is you not the material.

Enjoy!
    Oh yeah aren't text openers the best! I have used a similar opener for a while now, the story of how I discovered it is more entertaining but off topic... Heres how the opener goes...

I walk up adjacent or parallel to a girl, open my phone and laugh. I then proceed to ask the target how to interpret the text(works great and adds DHV).

Also I don't know if this part can work for everyone but I always like to add "why on earth do girls do this to me? I am a guy, I can tell you the batting average of six different major league record holders, the differences between college and pro sports but for the life of me I still have absolutely no clue what (insert any text acronym here) means.

I may have only used this opener about 45-50 times since April but when I did I always got a laugh or smile.

-Zane

Auckland,NZ

Then there's LMGAO which is 'Laugh My Gorgeous Ass Off'

Cincinnati, OH

Actually, I think the "lmao" question might be a bit too easy, and runs the risk of making one look a little too much out-of-touch (a bit of a DLV, maybe). How about using "rotflmao" instead? Then again, I guess it really doesn't matter so long as the opening is made. Just trying to offer a bit of constructive criticism.
    "Curiousity killed the cat... but for a while I was a suspect."

thunder bay ontario/ ottawa ontario

this is not such a good opener for guys in highschool-college-university because everyone sends text messages, you would look like a technologically supid person (which i already am) if you used this so i would only reccomend it for people out of this age category

Quote Originally Posted by stoneboy View Post
    this is not such a good opener for guys in highschool-college-university because everyone sends text messages, you would look like a technologically supid person (which i already am) if you used this so i would only reccomend it for people out of this age category
    Although I see where you are coming from I have to rebuttal with this ... <br> What's wrong with coming across as a tecno stupid guy?<br> That is a frame in itself ... Women love to teach guys about fashion, text, reading ... in a way it allows them to allow you "access" into their world. Try it out ... try it out ... TRY IT OUT lol.

Hope this helps.

-Zane