Macho/Alpha male/Surival of the fittest tatoos?

12 LastLast

Macho/Alpha male/Surival of the fittest tatoos?

Hi

Does anybody know about a alpha male or surival of the fittest tatoo? Recently I have become very conscious on the alpha male mentality. Moreover, I have wanted a tatoo for some time too. Thererfore, I want a tatoo that shows something macho, alpha male and surival of the fittest mentality. I either want the tatoo on my shoulder, upper arm or a big one over half of my chest and my shoulder. I have heard getting a nipple tatoo is considered macho, but that is not what i want.

Thanks for answering

Lovin this game , practise makes perfect. The more you practise in the field the better you'll get.

i think this might be more generally an art or symbolism question than tattoos...[unless you're looking for art found specifically within the tattoo genre]

the only tattoo tattoo i can think of is the kind pacific island tribe kings would decorate themselves with...[this would mostly be on the face]...but from what i hear...tribal tattoos are equivalent to the tramp stamp on girls.

but outside of art...i would recommend researching tribe communities in general [not just pacific islander]. ...for instance, native americans, aboriginies, and some other culturals have rights of passage when boys become men.[very similar to the intro to "300"]

you can also look at different rulers/kings of gods/etc to see what they have in common and the symbolism attached to them. i'm getting a symbol in hieroglyphics that is usually reserved for pharoahs and dieties tattooed somwhere onto me early this year to symbolize my rule over the universe.

i think if you want something somewhat simple but straight to the point....i'd suggest getting a male lion tattooed onto you somewhere. the lion can symbolize all three of those things you want. the lion is the leader of its' pride, can choose from any lionness in his pride knowing none of the other males will even try anything, is the king of the jungle, and of course what better place to survive than out in the wild? i've seen a couple of amazing pieces involving lions. you can add more depth to it by adding scenery...maybe a lion in a concrete jungle...a lion's head in the cosmos...or not even a photographic lion...the possibilities are endless.

hopefully that helped you out a little bit....post pics up when you get whatever tattoo you decide. i'm really into tattoo art.

Getting a tattoo because it is macho and displays your newfound awareness of the "alpha male mentality" makes you a douchebag. This is something you will have on your body for life. It should have deep meaning to you and be almost spiritual. Not the most macho thing a forum of guys can suggest to you.

what is relevant to his life may not be relevant to you. he's not getting it because it looks pretty...the meaning has been explicitly state in the original post. for all we know, he used to be a geek that eventually rose to the top of the ranks and would like to celebrate that with skin art.

i personally consider the act of getting a tattoo to be macho unto itself.[for guys obviously]

5. Natsilane was a pretty staunch ass-kicker. He created Orcas; a stylized Orca in the Pacific Northwest style might be interesting and certainly offers a story.

I am going to have to agree with Setz here, if you are getting a tattoo it is for life so really it should be something that means a lot to you and that you are congruent with. This isn't a dig at you getting a tattoo but just saying that for it to really suit who you are you should take a long think about what is important to you or something major thats happened in your life and then what comes to mind from that.

I'm pretty sure you could have dolphins and flowers and as long as it has meaning to you it will work out fine. Pony Boy's advice for things is definitely a good starting point but just make it relate to you or something you've done.

...but at the same time....you should get a tattoo for YOU...and not because other's say you should only get a tattoo if it has deep meaning.[even though i agree with that]

also...as for the "for the rest of your life thing"...i actually see it differently...i see tattoos as a marking of a specific point in your life...not a representation of who you are for the rest of your life. with that perspective, i can never regret getting any tattoos...because that's who i was at the time. it'll bring back memories when i explain to people it's significance.

with that being said...i still think his wanting of an alpha male tattoo is perfectly fine because it marks his enlightenment into the mindframe he is in right now in which, i assume, has changed his life into something better than what it used to be.

I didn't mean I thought there was anything wrong with it, anjd you are right he should get it for himself.

I have to admit I never thought of tattoos a mark of a point in your life, quite an interesting way of looking at it. What tats have you got? I always had a mild interest in them as my friend wanted to be a tattoo artist, and always secretly wanted a tattoo similar to that Jean Paul Gaultier perfume advert, the one with the blossoming flowers and birds up the body.

Puerto Rico

Chop off a leg and pop in a wooden stick in there!
    Then go Aayyyee Ayyyeee Maytee! AVAST!!! AAArrrrrrrrgghhhhhh....

"My body is my temple. Why would I deface it with graffiti?"

I luv & live by those words each time I contemple a tattoo. Then again, if you don't believe in the "temple" analogy - you shall do as you wish.