Norwegian moderator

1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender:
    Location
    miaddict
    Posts
    4,657

    Norwegian moderator

    You guys are active enough now to have one. Spend the next two weeks choosing one. The same Forum FAQ rules apply here.

    Duties of the forum moderator will consist of promoting this forum, cleaning up and stickying posts, making deletions, and generally keeping the forum working well. Foreign moderators report to me, and I will handle all their administrative actions. Active foreign moderators also get the benefit of being high up on the list to become all forum moderators, administrators, and approach coaches in the future.

    Proceed to vote.



    miaddict
    (If you've never failed, you've never lived.)





  2. #2

    Well, I donīt understand why the people that advertised their own workshops got completely banned. According to the rules, this should only give warning points. And IMO, why the fuss? It is not competition to you guys, as there are no bootcamps at all in Norway from your company, so let us some slack?


    I nominate myself. I am active on the board and I am honest. I disagree with many of the opinions from many other members here, but disagreements and modding are two different things, and I hate people who abuse "power", (if you can call modding an anonymous forum power at all).

  3. #3

    I'm not saying that you're not a good man for the job Screamer, but you are totally against MM and most of the basic pu-theory. It will be a little ironic IMO if your were to be a mod.

  4. #4

    Hehe, well... As I said, disagreements are disagreements, rules are rules, I can tell the difference. But I am not by principle against everything in TMM really. I just believe that the inner game is 98% of your game, and therefore when I see many guys trying to solve their inner game issues with outer game gimmicks, it just does not sit right with me. I believe there are a difference between boosting an ego (perceived image of yourself) and improving yourself.

    An example of disagreeing, that donīt fuel any anger or irrationality against other users:

    This thread: http://www.theattractionforums.com/f...ad.php?t=53811 Jagarock started, about him getting a good feeling when he talks with some girls boyfriend after he has had sex with her without the boyfriend knowing. Why the good feeling about someone else soon feeling bad? I believe this is the ego speaking, and that it is a deep inner game issue. Coming from a place of jealousy " I want what he has", of course it feels better to sense the power to influence this relationship, than to remain jealous. But If you donīt see the girls as the boys property, and you donīt care about how other perceive you (your ego), you really just are left with a sense of wanting to connect/fuck/be with the girl, and enjoy that. More powerful state of mind IMO. My best friend, kingofkings, has the same issue. And I hope he solves it.


    But this is my opinion, and can evolve into an interesting debate, and when it is as personal as the stuff that we discuss here actually is, then it can get heated too. But everyone is different with different opinions, it will not affect the modding.


    But I do understand if you want a mod who is more in touch with TMM-philosophy/lifestyle with the whole DHV/neg/peacocking-thing than me. I have no ambition of becoming Approach Coach/Allforum-mod and stuff.
    Last edited by Screamer; 11-28-2007 at 12:09 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender:
    Location
    miaddict
    Posts
    4,657

    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
    Well, I donīt understand why the people that advertised their own workshops got completely banned. According to the rules, this should only give warning points. And IMO, why the fuss? It is not competition to you guys, as there are no bootcamps at all in Norway from your company, so let us some slack?
    The forum members banned from TAF for advertising in the Norwegian forum have ALL been previously warned for advertisement. However, they persisted in promoting their 'method/workshop/services' here WITHOUT approval from Savoy or The forum team. Their refusal to abide by the rules make them unwelcomed on the forums. Anyone who still promotes their workshops on their behalf will be equally warned.

    Currently, only Badboy and BradP are allowed to advertise openly on the attraction forums, in addition to TMM. Anyone else who seeks similar status must get consent. It does not matter if you are in the US, UK, Norway, Congo or Peru.

    fyi, 2 Advertisement warnings result in 6 warning points, which automatically result in a ban( 5 warning points result in a temporary ban).

    End of story.

    Nominations for a Norwegian mod are still open. Keep to the original topic.

    miaddict
    (If you've never failed, you've never lived.)





  6. Actually I believe Screamer would be a good moderator. Mod'ing a forum is after all a different thing than being a partisipant to the forum. You are sure to come across many things in here that your inner core want's to roar at, but as a mod you can't allow yourself that satisfying feeling of ripping some poor dude off. Am I wrong miaddict?

    On the other hand, Jadmas, you could also be a good moderator here. Sure, you and I have had our discussions, but just like I'm sure Screamer could do a great job, so too do I believe that you could mod this forum good too. Just as long there is a fundamental respect between us all that there are people here that have different oppinions about PU.

    I completely disagree with some of the concepts that MM propagates, but that doesn't mean I develop cancer in frustration every time some of the guys on the forum wants to discuss DHV's or something. It's cool to me. My personal views on this forum are more similar to those of Screamer and some of our contributers wich got banned. But like I said, I would be happy with Jadmas or anyone else too.

    The bottom line is that we need a moderator who is fair, open-minded and someone who doesn't chew-out those of a different oppinion than himself.

    The magnanimity of this forum was it's strength IMO. And that has been greatly diminished now after the banning of a few. Yes, even the banning of that guy I completely disagree with!

  7. #7

    We need a moderator who is not only a good moderator, but also a PUA. Not a guy who is a professional key jockey. There is a reason for that. A moderator is an authority figur and newbies will therefor follow his advice, thinking he is a PUA. Nobody wants to be put back in this journey of becoming a better PUA, which they probably will when a KJ/AFC is giving out non field testet advices.

    Because of that, IMO no one on this forum qualifies for the job. If I'm gonna vote for anybody, I vote for Adrian, because he is not KJ'ing like some others on this forum. And he will probably do a good job moderating too.


    May the force be with the guy who gets the mod job. Who ever it will be, remember that with great power comes great responsibility.

    Good luck.

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by miaddict
    The forum members banned from TAF for advertising in the Norwegian forum have ALL been previously warned for advertisement. However, they persisted in promoting their 'method/workshop/services' here WITHOUT approval from Savoy or The forum team. Their refusal to abide by the rules make them unwelcomed on the forums. Anyone who still promotes their workshops on their behalf will be equally warned.
    That makes it more understandable, did not know about their warning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadmas
    I'm not saying that you're not a good man for the job Screamer
    Yes you are:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadmas
    We need a moderator who is not only a good moderator, but also a PUA. Not a guy who is a professional key jockey. There is a reason for that. A moderator is an authority figur and newbies will therefor follow his advice, thinking he is a PUA. Nobody wants to be put back in this journey of becoming a better PUA, which they probably will when a KJ/AFC is giving out non field testet advices.
    Thought you knew the faq:

    Quote Originally Posted by faq
    Skill in the Pickup Arts is not a primary criteria for selection as a Moderator by the Attraction Forum Team. They are not necessarily more knowledgeable than the general populace.
    And talking about the faq:

    Flaming Warning for users flaming/insulting other members or inciting a flame war.
    So:
    Quote Originally Posted by miaddict
    Keep to the original topic.
    Adrian Lantern was one I thought of too, but he is rarely active, but if he wants it, he gets my vote too. If not him, then PrillePralle maybe?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender:
    Location
    Oslo , Norway
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3

    Hi

    I am pretty new her and at this and i wonder if any could tell me what the fuzz i all about.

    Montyback

  10. #10

    There were Craven911 and Chen Saya, who promoted workshops through this forum (not associated with TMM, but good workshops). And Wufu who recently promoted one (along with youknowwho, they claimed to follow TMM, but I did not attend their workshop) And they got banned because it is against the rules.

    No fuzz besides that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions



Facebook  Twitter