As your game gets better the AMOGs will come - Page 2

FirstFirst 12
    Cairns, Australia

The dynamics of a set needs to be taken into consideration - are you sarging some guys girlfriend, some girl he has been trying to pick up for weeks........... there could be a host of things that piss someone off enough to want to pick a fight. It could just be the guy is out looking to pick a fight. Maybe it is not the peacock factor that is igniting aggressive behavoiur but some underlying motive. But you don't know unless you have a go and open the set. Asking the question "How do you guys know each other?" can difuse a potentially dangerous sitution.
    A couple of weeks ago my wing Astro and I went to a club and got into the VIP section. We scoped it out then he moved in on an HB8, looked like she was sitting by herself and opened her. I was sitting about 2 metres away, observing. Three guys moved in on him and one punched him in the ribs as "a greeting" as one of the AMOGS explained. Turns out the girl was linked (not his girlfriend) with these guys who were part of the local mob. It was pretty random and unless you have local knowledge this can be hard to take preventative measures against. But unless you have a go you will never know.
    Carpe diem, and live life.

2. 10-15-2006, 05:14 AM

3. Thanks for bringing this up Fad3r. Lately, I've noticed the increasing amount of AMOG activity in some of my sets and was wondering what that was about.
    AMOGs run rampant in sports and athletic social events. I once went to a baseball party and was talking to an HB9 by the stairs. A dude came along and suggested that we take a piss outside. I resisted him for 2 minutes before I broke down and just went with him. The second I stepped outside, he turned around and dashed right back to the girl.
    Usually I try to avoid the extreme aggression or alienate it. Maybe offer him a drink to calm him down. But the worst thing you can do is let an AMOG try to push you around because they aren't going to stop and rolling over to their demands will not get them to cease. You can't rationalize with these guys, they want to get laid. And you've become the #1 cock block in their path.

4. 11-01-2006, 07:04 PM

5. 11-05-2006, 11:02 PM

6. Stuff

Yeah, I would actually go as far as to say that your can measure what level your game is at by the amount of AMOG problems that you come into contact with. Lately AMOGs have been killing my game. Sometimes it really seems hopeless when I'm trying to run a set and I have a 6'3 250lbs monster standing over me saying "Hey man, what the hell do you think your doing."
    I was running lthe tightest game on this lone HB9 and LITERALLY a guy came from behinde me and sucker punched me in the back of the head... Yeahhh... It's tough comming back from that with any sort of line.(Even though I KNOW that I'm full closing this girl this weekend)
    For me, I just totally avoid sets with tons of AMOGS around... all girl sets roll so much smoother and I don't have to worry about external shit and worries about physical harm. No amogs are the best amogs.
    Last edited by Fader; 11-18-2006 at 11:53 AM.

7. 11-21-2006, 10:26 PM

8. 11-26-2006, 04:03 AM

9. 11-26-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The dynamics of a set needs to be taken into consideration - are you sarging some guys girlfriend, some girl he has been trying to pick up for weeks........... there could be a host of things that piss someone off enough to want to pick a fight. It could just be the guy is out looking to pick a fight. Maybe it is not the peacock factor that is igniting aggressive behavoiur but some underlying motive. But you don't know unless you have a go and open the set. Asking the question "How do you guys know each other?" can difuse a potentially dangerous sitution.
    A couple of weeks ago my wing Astro and I went to a club and got into the VIP section. We scoped it out then he moved in on an HB8, looked like she was sitting by herself and opened her. I was sitting about 2 metres away, observing. Three guys moved in on him and one punched him in the ribs as "a greeting" as one of the AMOGS explained. Turns out the girl was linked (not his girlfriend) with these guys who were part of the local mob. It was pretty random and unless you have local knowledge this can be hard to take preventative measures against. But unless you have a go you will never know.
    Carpe diem, and live life.
    Guys out there I agree with Renegade and had similar,
    Recently I was out at a club, Majorly target rich!! Renegade knows the club well, he knows the DJ and uses this as the best DHV you have ever seen! I saw this HB8 that i had run game on earlier and she came running up and gave me a big hug (CREDIT MUST GO TO PALM READING had her sweating for answers!!! for this one), this meat head with tats, no taste in clothing, and extremly bad breath walked from the otherside of the club and mentioned that this was his turf anf that was his girl (this guy could have crushed walnuts with his eyelids ). He made a waving gesture as if to say "go away you little AFC".
    What was i to do? I leant over to the HB8 and mentioned to her that my parents run the sex health clinic and they see him in their all the time and then offered my hand for her to follow me to the dance floor.....Unscathed....
    My personal advice AMOG's are a good gauge of your ability, if they think that you are out to steal their "turf", dont back down use your street smarts. I understand if the guy sucker punches you that things can be different, but use your street smarts

11. 01-20-2007, 12:56 PM

12. 03-24-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    What was i to do? I leant over to the HB8 and mentioned to her that my parents run the sex health clinic and they see him in their all the time and then offered my hand for her to follow me to the dance floor.....Unscathed....
    Hahaha. I know this is an old thread, but it's a good one. I agree totally, that as you improve, male obstacles (AMOGs, BMOGs) start to become more noticable. If the AMOG or BMOG are doing something interesting it is easy to get a conversation rolling. Even if you don't always obey "open obstacle first", often the dynamics are such that the target is physically hard to talk to (without creeping her out), unless you open the obstacles. I'm working on some default AMOG/BMOG openers, but am curious how others open and get rapport with male obstacles.

Hawkeye

14. 12-11-2007, 09:17 PM

Reason
    bad version of pvc devil routine

Memphis, TN

Dude I know about the AMOGs rushing in as your game gets tight. Everytime I go to the club and have hooked sets with HB8-10's there are hard core AMOGs. Last weekend me and my wing D White (not on this forum that I know of) had some girls from Kansas at the bar running some solid game. Two drunk guys had been staring my way for a while. I stare back at one, and he starts calling me out to fight. I just laugh when it happens because I usually have at least 4 wings in my proximety.

The next night at a different club the same thing happens lol. It's about 1/4the time I go sarge on the weekends now that some drunk AMOG wants to fight. I seem to always have some AMOG just staring because I picked up a girl they had been eyeing all night but didn't have the balls to open. I'm 5'5" 120 lbs. I'm the kind of guy that if you are calling me out to fight for looking your direction while you are staring at me, than you are a duesch bag. It's retarded because the guys are always huge jocks. I always just laugh and tell them how cool they are and how well they handle their liquer. I think a 6'3" 200+ dude wanting to fight me without knowing me should just scream to women they would beat their children. Seriously.

16. 12-14-2007, 08:46 AM

Reason
    I dont remember it is common knowledge though. try reading his archives

17. 12-14-2007, 08:07 PM

18. 12-16-2007, 01:11 PM

19. 12-16-2007, 07:21 PM

20. 12-17-2007, 10:45 PM

21. 12-17-2007, 11:05 PM

22. 12-21-2007, 10:18 PM

23. Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Dude I know about the AMOGs rushing in as your game gets tight. Everytime I go to the club and have hooked sets with HB8-10's there are hard core AMOGs. Last weekend me and my wing D White (not on this forum that I know of) had some girls from Kansas at the bar running some solid game. Two drunk guys had been staring my way for a while. I stare back at one, and he starts calling me out to fight. I just laugh when it happens because I usually have at least 4 wings in my proximety.

The next night at a different club the same thing happens lol. It's about 1/4the time I go sarge on the weekends now that some drunk AMOG wants to fight. I seem to always have some AMOG just staring because I picked up a girl they had been eyeing all night but didn't have the balls to open. I'm 5'5" 120 lbs. I'm the kind of guy that if you are calling me out to fight for looking your direction while you are staring at me, than you are a duesch bag. It's retarded because the guys are always huge jocks. I always just laugh and tell them how cool they are and how well they handle their liquer. I think a 6'3" 200+ dude wanting to fight me without knowing me should just scream to women they would beat their children. Seriously.
    So, in response to this as the 6'3", 200+ dude (6'3", 220, to be specific) and also a relative n00b to MM...part of my game is legitimately my size. Attraction comes from a lot of places, A1-A3 for me has always been, to a large extent, my looks and size (not a model, but I get HB8s with regularity with little real game).

So, when a 5'5", 120 lb. dude is working on a girl I'm interested in, of COURSE I'm going to use size to my advantage, particularly since most guys will back down at that point. It has nothing to do with me being a "deusch bag"--if I didn't use it to my advantage I'd be foolish. Thinking big picture about the whole thing, if you're not a big guy, game/AMOG tactics need to be just that much more a part of your game. It's all just about displaying value and being physically intimidating is obviously attractive to women.

...I guess, just a note from the AMOG brain that if your game is tight enough, size/AMOGness doesn't really matter.

24. 01-01-2008, 06:34 AM

25. 01-01-2008, 06:55 AM

26. 01-01-2008, 07:58 AM

27. 01-01-2008, 11:15 AM

28. Funny, this EXACT same thing has been happening to me. AMOGS can sense when real competition is around. NEVER underestimate how ruthless an AMOG can be when it comes to women. I'm 31 and haven't had this kind of thing happen, ever, until just a few months ago. Guess I'm getting better at this.....

29. 01-05-2008, 02:37 AM

Reason
    please pm the poster the question

30. 01-11-2008, 09:46 PM

31. 02-18-2008, 01:08 AM

32. To chime in here, this has been a problem with me. If I can get a girl really into me, amoging is tough because I will just disqaulify myself and she will basically tell the other guy to piss off. The guy can't get pissed at me because I have said "you two are a cute couple, go dance" but the girl will want me even more when this happens.

The problem is when a guy cuts in right after I open. I haven't hooked a hb enough, so if the guy cuts in I can't disqaulify myself. The reason this happens is because I go solo many times and I am good looking, so they see me as a threat, especially if the girl is a 9 plus.

The problem is you have all these needy guys running around who act on desperation. I have also made enemies in social groups I have been in, people that were once cool with me become enemies.'

Overall, unless the guy is a pua, I don't trust any guys anymore

33. 03-23-2008, 03:25 PM

34. 06-18-2008, 07:23 PM

35. AMOGS out of the woodwork!!

The AMOGS WILL COME by Fader That was a damn good post. I dont post much but this really is profound actually. I actually have had this happen twice legitemately in the same club over two nights.
    I have this thing as I sarge alone, even if I am with friends because I am trying to get better... I get into VIP look a little bit like I am looking for someone as it looks a little DHV, then I turn to the girl I am interested in and say.. "have you been up here all night"... then start my thing when she says yes- no whatever and asks me why, or who I am looking for.. I give a "real person" blah blah.. WELL

Vip area both times.(Small area of the club) One guy tried to accuse me of drinking off thier bottle (my glass was from the bar and a rum and coke as they had a vodka setup.) This A-hole tapped me as I was talking to one of the girls who was "feeding off" their bottle next to thier table. I was no where in their personal space either. It was weird because I have this mid game phone close that I made up (and will share in another post because it works almost 100% of the time) and he was seeing the interest level come up in the girl and I thought that was a fluke. I was like "its all good bro, I can see your point", then turned away. he then starts up with the old "we paid for this area over to there" I saw an oppotunity and said straight at the girl and saw an opportunity to kino her and said.. your right its hard to hear over here, (it wasnt weak the way it came off) we stood next to the pilar that was there and kept talking I made a point for him to see us laughing together.. I swear one second more and it would have been on. RIDICULOUS!

The second night.. same place.. (this is even crazier) This HB 9.+ and her friend.. This small guy who I have no idea where he came from (I think he was a robot or hang-on from the AMOGs at the near table comes up and out of the blue says.. "I heard you told someone you are one of the partners here, my buddy is and that's not cool bro". I really had no way at the time to react to this because acting like I didnt know what he meant would have lost cred with the chix, then I said "no, we actually are involved with the real estate here on this end of the block... that might be what you mean".

It worked sort of. but I ended up getting blown out by the girls.... After reading these posts from all the other guys its almost like the AMOGS are morphing into some organized amoeba. Instead of learning the game they are just haters. It will be interesting to see whether the attitudes of these dudes will carry over the next time I see them.. A-HOLES

36. 07-28-2008, 03:01 AM

37. 07-29-2008, 10:19 AM

38. 07-29-2008, 09:41 PM

39. 07-30-2008, 11:57 PM

Reason
    i wont hold my breath lol

40. 08-03-2008, 12:33 PM

41. 03-15-2009, 03:58 AM

Reason
    agreed with not looking like an easy target but the numbers thing doenst work