Being TOO random/fun/playfull???

12 LastLast

Being TOO random/fun/playfull???

does this happen to any of you. i'm a very fun/friendly/social guy. and i joke ALOT maybe too much. i just had one girl tell me that i joke aroudn too much to be taken seriously. maybe following that with a joke wasnt the best idea
    what the f lol
    opinions?

Sydney, Australia

limit yourself to how funny you are in a set or routine. only be funny to catch the targets interest and to keep her interested. after you've captured your interest, become more serious.
    it takes a few tries to get used to but it will come naturally when you've tried it.

Orlando, FL

You're using your jokes as a crutch. You need to find what other qualities you have other than being funny. And then practice using those to attract girls.
    And most importantly, stay away from self depreciating humor. It's ok to tell stories about embarrassing situations, but don't crack jokes about having no friends, or being horrible at sports, or crack jokes about not being a guy to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zeus
    You're using your jokes as a crutch. You need to find what other qualities you have other than being funny. And then practice using those to attract girls.
    And most importantly, stay away from self depreciating humor. It's ok to tell stories about embarrassing situations, but don't crack jokes about having no friends, or being horrible at sports, or crack jokes about not being a guy to be taken seriously.
    i know, and i havent used self depreciating humor since i found out what it was lol
    but the girl that told me this is been a very close friend for a few years now(not one i'm tryin to get with) so she knows me preety well. and for someone that close to say that i'm being too 'jokey' means i'm probably giving off the same vibe to people i meet.
    though i am starting to realize, that this stuff shouldnt be, like you said, a crutch. they are only tools. you cant use the same thing too much. its like using a weight lifting belt. its fine and dandy when you use it, but once you take it off, your back is crap without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zeus
    thanks alot for that post man. thats exactly what i needed to hear. i'm gonna take your advice on that.

6. I dont think it's bad to be funny, just dont overdo it.
    In A1 you have to be neutral, its the opener.
    In A2 you can be funny, negging her, joking around.
    In A3, we bait hook reel and release, I wouldnt be too funny there though... this is where you give her serious IOI's and then release.
    Once you hit C1, then in my book you can let your personality shine through... just remember comfort is all about rapport. Dont overdue it.

Leeds

The problem with being funnt is like any DHV if you do it for too long you become a dancing monkey rather than a cool guy.
    Abraham Lincoln reportedly said that, Given eight hours to chop down a tree, he'd spend six sharpening his axe.

Its like mystery as a magician, he will do a trick adn then people will say do another one and he'll say show me one first
    I use this for other stuff- mostly chick crack
    jokes can be chick crack 'cause girls like to laugh
    Just leave then wanting more and if they ask u to tell another joke, tell them to tell you one first and if they don't do a take away especially in club scene

Iceman Guest

This is going against everything that everyone else has said to some degree...
    But I think, and have observed, that if you are good at using humour and being "larger-than-life" in a set, and you don't be a "funny ha ha he's so stupid" guy, but rather be a "wow he's witty" guy, and if you keep it CONGRUENT, then it'll work magic.
    Remember...there will always be at least a few girls who are attracted to a specific attitude, and if you're congruent with that, you'll get them.
    EG, if you are someone who wants lots of MLTRs, and you project that, and you CONTINUOUSLY and CONGRUENTLY project it, you will attract the kind of girls who are receptive to the idea of lots of MLTRs.

Northeast

Funny/Serious

I tend to be the kind of person that is always cracking a joke about something and that you cant take very seriously. Its important to use humor to get her attention focused on you and then to continue to use it for the benefit of staying in control of a frame or dodging questions after that. However, you must start to feel out and get a feel for when its the right time to get very serious and flirty with her....if you are percieved as the class clown than you may have a hard time getting her to take you seriously when the time comes for it. As with anything its best to just mix it up....If you have something thats funny to say then say it....but try to adjust your sense of humor to have elements that turn women on in other levels too i.e cocky/class/morals/prize ect. If your a funny guy then you have the talent. You know the kind of humor that works best to attract women. Break it down and integrate it into your game and sit down with a notebook and bake your own up from scratch for all kinds of responces and situations.